Toynami 1/100 Fast Packs

kamadoma

Can anyone describe or show me photos how the Fast Packs connect to the 1/100 Toynami VF-1's? I'm just wondering how is it connected to the backpack since I don't see any possible connection ports on it.

I'm also concerned if the Fast Packs on the Battroid mode will be dependent on the backpack holding it since the backpack on the VF-1A is kinda loose.

You pull off the sides of the backpack revealing a big hole. The missle booms in the fast pack set comes with new sides to the backpack. I can't remember if there's any way to hold them in place as to not have to worry about the backpack falling back. If you haven't seen my review on anymoon.com, I'd check that out.

Edited by jenius

@jenius thanks, will check that link right now.

@rusk yeah, they're pretty awesome for 20 bucks-worth. My only gripe is that those hole connections seem to crack easily, so transforming them isn't something I do a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

JET7 those are very nice pics mate, and i agree wholeheartily, i love the toynami 1/100.

I've got Hikaru 1J (with TV Super/FP/Strike colour), Roy 1S (DYRL? Super/FP/Strike) and CF-1A, which is my fav.

I am looking forward to what Bandai are going to come up with with the VF-1 and their new 1/100 line.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

JET7 those are very nice pics mate, and i agree wholeheartily, i love the toynami 1/100.

I've gotHikaru 1J (with TV Super/FP/Strike colour), Roy 1S (DYRL? Super/FP/Strike) and CF-1A, which is my fav.

I am looking forward to what Bandai are going to come up with with the VF-1 and their new 1/100 line.

thanks mate.

i made a mod out of the two missles .. originally they are too far apart.. thats why i glued em close :lol:

looks good isnt it?

i was just wondrin why toynami has to weather out (weathering) the VF-1S hikaru final battle variant. :huh:

After seeing the review from anymoon.com, I decided not to the geth fast packs anymore due to the cracking syndrome of the Reaction Missile rack...

Still, I love the Toynami 1/100 VFs. Only got the Max units though. Honestly, Bandai should try and make their VF-100's like these.

After seeing the review from anymoon.com, I decided not to the geth fast packs anymore due to the cracking syndrome of the Reaction Missile rack...

Oh, don't sweat that! You can always cut a replacement from plastic card, using the original as a pattern. Considering that you can find these FP sets dirt cheap, it really is only a minor - if annoying - issue, all things considered. (Even less so if your Valk will be wearing the FP in Battroid mode.)

Oh, don't sweat that! You can always cut a replacement from plastic card, using the original as a pattern. Considering that you can find these FP sets dirt cheap, it really is only a minor - if annoying - issue, all things considered. (Even less so if your Valk will be wearing the FP in Battroid mode.)

Too bad that here in the Philippines, they're pretty scarce and they get sold as much as the VFs do.

Nonetheless, here are mine. I only collect Max VFs though (yesh, I'm one of the many Maximilian Jenius fans out there).

th_toynami1Amax4.jpg th_toynami1Amax2.jpg th_toynami1Amax3.jpg

th_toynami1Jmax.jpg th_toynami1Jmax2.jpg th_toynami1Jmax3.jpg

Too bad that here in the Philippines, they're pretty scarce and they get sold as much as the VFs do.

Nonetheless, here are mine. I only collect Max VFs though (yesh, I'm one of the many Maximilian Jenius fans out there).

th_toynami1Amax4.jpg th_toynami1Amax2.jpg th_toynami1Amax3.jpg

th_toynami1Jmax.jpg th_toynami1Jmax2.jpg th_toynami1Jmax3.jpg

pinoy macross collector here sir :)

Has anyone seen the SDCC version featured in Toyfare???? It is the Yamato 25 Anniversary paint scheme but on a Toynami toy, can they do that? Since it isn't an official color scheme and one Yamato developed I believe can't they go after Toynami for this?

Has anyone seen the SDCC version featured in Toyfare???? It is the Yamato 25 Anniversary paint scheme but on a Toynami toy, can they do that? Since it isn't an official color scheme and one Yamato developed I believe can't they go after Toynami for this?

It was on ebay posted a while ago.. i had to double look since the valk looked exactly like the 1/48 scheme.. but only in 1/100.

Here is the link

25th Anniversary Toynami SDCC valk

Edited by Kicker773

The Yamato scheme isn't very original and I'm sure the Toynami scheme will have trim in slightly different spots so no worries there.

I'm stoked, something at SDCC I can hunt down.

does anyone know if Toynami will release different Valks set for this scale? besides the VF-1S roy, hikaru and the standard VF1A?

i mean any other models/variants besides this three?

toynami_jet7062.jpg

Edited by JET7

They've released the following already:

1) SDCC07 Exclusive Hikaru VF-1S (non-strike, non weathering)

2) Wave 1: Hikaru 1A, Max 1A, Roy 1S

3) Wave 2: Hikaru 1J, Max 1J, Miria 1J

4) Wave 3: Max Fast Packs, Miria Fast Packs, DYRL Strike Armor, TV style armor

5) Wave 4: VF-1S Roy Strike, VF-1S Hikaru Weathering Strike, VF-1A Super Valkyrie

and...

6) SDCC09 Exclusive Stealth Strike VF-1S

They've released the following already:

1) SDCC07 Exclusive Hikaru VF-1S (non-strike, non weathering)

2) Wave 1: Hikaru 1A, Max 1A, Roy 1S

3) Wave 2: Hikaru 1J, Max 1J, Miria 1J

4) Wave 3: Max Fast Packs, Miria Fast Packs, DYRL Strike Armor, TV style armor

5) Wave 4: VF-1S Roy Strike, VF-1S Hikaru Weathering Strike, VF-1A Super Valkyrie

and...

6) SDCC09 Exclusive Stealth Strike VF-1S

thanks for the reply sir..

does it come with the package box as i have posted?

Edited by JET7