Mac Aus Con 2010'

I raise my hand for a gold coast con! i got a good mate down there that works at the airport so i can stay at there place easy,so it wouldnt be a hassle at all for me to get to 2010 con! PLUS ill have Macross ace frontier on psp soon so ill be another player in the tourney.

I raise my hand for a gold coast con! i got a good mate down there that works at the airport so i can stay at there place easy,so it wouldnt be a hassle at all for me to get to 2010 con! PLUS ill have Macross ace frontier on psp soon so ill be another player in the tourney.

another for the GC! good stuff another MAFr! good, the prize will be harder fought!

Hey all,

Sorry been a bit quiet, been a crazy couple of weeks busy wise.

MAF on PSP Tourney:

Yeah for sure I'll give you a good run for your money on MAF. Not sure if I'll actually beat anyone but I'll sure be a good target to try to keep track on ;)

Con Location:

Yeah Hornsby like I said is out of the way from the CBD, easy to get to but not as much off the street public potential at all. Well as for having it on the GC, that sounds good as long as it's in the CBD to get public walk ins. I'm leaning towards getting more exposure and having major public access for Macross Aus Cons. Imagine if it were the size of Supernova LOL!! (I'm going to the Sydney one)

Hey all,

Sorry been a bit quiet, been a crazy couple of weeks busy wise.

MAF on PSP Tourney:

Yeah for sure I'll give you a good run for your money on MAF. Not sure if I'll actually beat anyone but I'll sure be a good target to try to keep track on ;)

Con Location:

Yeah Hornsby like I said is out of the way from the CBD, easy to get to but not as much off the street public potential at all. Well as for having it on the GC, that sounds good as long as it's in the CBD to get public walk ins. I'm leaning towards getting more exposure and having major public access for Macross Aus Cons. Imagine if it were the size of Supernova LOL!! (I'm going to the Sydney one)

haha yeah, we are trying to build Mac Aus Con up as a very big event, my aim is for around 100 head count for 2013 which of course will require public walk ins.

Good stuff mate, i'm rusty on PVP, but go hard against high level aces, so that's all the training i've been getting. :p

Rules are -

Basic VF-1's only.

No Tune Ups.

And only one Missile Volley per round, Head Lasers and Gun Pod clips unlimited. :p, or maybe we should limit Gun Pod clips to 4 (2 per leg)

i honestly don't know how much they are supposed to carry or the location to be honest. :/ After that Hand to Hand! (yay!) Rather i ram people to death. :D

That's right! i'll afterburn clip you! :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

afterburn clipping?! and you say carrying all that huge amounts of ammo is unrealistic, how bout ramming a jet at mach 3-4 into an object either stantionary or going an equal amount of speed in the opposite direction and think you'll come out of it alive?! yeaaaa............. afterburn clipping indeed ;)

afterburn clipping?! and you say carrying all that huge amounts of ammo is unrealistic, how bout ramming a jet at mach 3-4 into an object either stantionary or going an equal amount of speed in the opposite direction and think you'll come out of it alive?! yeaaaa............. afterburn clipping indeed ;)

Hey more realistic than magically restoring a missile payload! ahhh you know what i mean. ;)

Well ATLEAST in battroid or Gerwalk we can use arms to ram. But yes, fighter mode is taking it too far. But!

Not a great deal happening this week, life seems in the way for everybody this week. We are however looking at locations to see what the Gold Cost has to offer, which is quite a lot. So more just a bump for the tread....more news as it come to hand so keep checking in. Thanks!

Can assure everyone things will pick up and gain alot of momentum once i gain an income (not so hard to figure it out), then full steam ahead, apologize for the lack of input. :)

So there was the mention of figuring out the location, and thus far Gold Coast is delicious.

I know a certain two will be mighty happy if that went ahead, you sydney guys need to come and play if you want the con down your way south.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm in if it is at the GC or Brisbane CBD. I am sorry I missed this years. I didn't find out until to late.

But a walk in would be hard. it needs to be a in the center area. and the Hoyts Regent was prefect for that.i saw someone had the idea for Chermside. The old theater there would be good, and there is good public transport these days until after 6:30 most days. But it would only be people walking past that would get invloved. It has to nearly be in a shopping center. I know that the Chermside Megaplex has a convetion room for functions and I think Garden City Mt Gravatt has one as well. That was people collections could be safe and a better chance for a great range of people to view them.

that's my 2 cents worth anyway

I was imagining the other day what if i my car was covered with macross decals from sdf to frontier and i drove it down for the con lol ,would be cool :p , GC still seems to be the place so far imo. and with the MAF battles maybe by the time the con is on Macross Ultimate frontier will be out so more action to be had! i still reckon having a projector or something in the background showing a movie or flashback 2012 would be sweet,minmay songs playing in the background as peeps check out the collections and so forth.

I'm in if it is at the GC or Brisbane CBD. I am sorry I missed this years. I didn't find out until to late.

But a walk in would be hard. it needs to be a in the center area. and the Hoyts Regent was prefect for that.i saw someone had the idea for Chermside. The old theater there would be good, and there is good public transport these days until after 6:30 most days. But it would only be people walking past that would get invloved. It has to nearly be in a shopping center. I know that the Chermside Megaplex has a convetion room for functions and I think Garden City Mt Gravatt has one as well. That was people collections could be safe and a better chance for a great range of people to view them.

that's my 2 cents worth anyway

G'day! fair enough mate, for sure come to next years man! Thanks for signing up and posting, welcome!

Yeah the location will have to be perfect, but posters and a couple of guys standing around the busy areas handing out little posters

for gathering interest will go a long way to get people to come. I'll be there on the Friday arv handing it out! ;)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I was imagining the other day what if i my car was covered with macross decals from sdf to frontier and i drove it down for the con lol ,would be cool :p , GC still seems to be the place so far imo. and with the MAF battles maybe by the time the con is on Macross Ultimate frontier will be out so more action to be had! i still reckon having a projector or something in the background showing a movie or flashback 2012 would be sweet,minmay songs playing in the background as peeps check out the collections and so forth.

Yeah there will be a screen being played ;)

And yeah mate, will be awesome to play MUF (LOL!) or should i say MAF 2!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just found the thread! Nice work Matt, getting started on 2010 already. Another vote for GC here. Sydney->Gold Coast airfares are often substantially cheaper than Sydney->Brisbane too.

When things get a little closer, I'd like to talk more about the modelling comps and categories. Having been to a few modelling expos, I must agree with MilSpex regarding the "Please do not touch" signs or a simple rope barrier. Signs should be enough - we're not expecting any 10year old kids are we? (serious question!).

I might be able to paint up a 1/100 Macross Factory and hopefully pip Petar and Steve in the comps next year! :D (have to keep that dream alive :)) Perhaps we need a "1/100 Scale Only" category ;)

And it sounds like I need to go buy a PSP and find out why you guys are so keen on MAF

Mark

Heyyy! Mark's back! good you dropped in mate!

Yeah 2010' is getting prep'd, mate Steve i think wanted to talk to everyone (who are modelers) in regards to the new competition categories.

He's wizzed a few past me and i think they sound great, but i would like everyone and myself to be clear on whats favoured so i can round up sponsors interest.

I'll e-mail ya mate, i know you been busy hehheh

AND GET A PSP! :p MAF 2 is coming out as well.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey Mark great to see you back, I know how a new born can keep you busy and well Law exams to wow what a work load. I've been toying around with the comps for the models and I'm hoping next year we may have Australias leading model magazine there to. The main thing with the comps is that I find that it is pretty easy to start getting carried away with them, so I want to keep it to 4 or 5 at the most in the way of categories. I ran some idea's past Matt last week and I'll post up my idea's for categories soon.

We also have a Mac Aus Con donation PayPal site now so donations can be made if anyone has some spare change they want to get rid of.....lol. Just please remember that it is a donation and come con time you will still need to purchase a con ticket, but this should be a lot cheaper come 2010 more around the $30.00 mark I would say. Anyway to make a con donation just send it to the following address :- macauscondonations@live.com.au any donations no matter how small would be very much appeciated.

yeah the donations e-mail is a good set-up to help out with plonking down advance payments in regards to magazine ads to even display stands.

What i'm thinking we will need is a company to make cardboard stands that link together like those great office storage boxes, these will be needed

for the "display trunks" i mentioned about earlier, in the process of figuring that out now. Remember guys, ART EXHIBITION! :p I'm on that already, getting costs.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol, yep. 3 week old baby + law exam tomorrow morning = busy alright! So, why am I on MW then!? :blink: hehe

Gotta run

heh heh mines due in december, i'll see how i go with MWorld as well. :lol: Again congrats Mark! :)

mate remember to e-mail my home addy, not work as i've been cut along with the other 100 or more ppl since start of June. lol.

vf1custom@live.com.au

Of course your busy, but i'd like to still have you on the board of members Mark, top bloke that you are! we value your input mate.

Board of Members of Mac Aus Con are as follows -

Joseph (Sonic)

Mark (cowie165)

Steve (Warpaint22)

Jason (Shazzam)

and me at the helm of course. :p the cons going places with this much talent! :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Heya Steve, thanks for the welcome back. I'm really excited to hear more about the comps you have in mind. As long as I don't have to explain why there's UN SPACY on the side of a Glaug, I'm in! :p

Matt I'd love to be on the board again, thanks very much for the invitation. Sucks to hear about work dude, however big congrats on the baby! If this is number one, you won't know what hit you :D A baby was a great cure for that nasty spare time, spare money problem I had a few years ago ;) hehe... Seriously though, bubs are awesome. It's a happiness you can't find anywhere else.

Heya Steve, thanks for the welcome back. I'm really excited to hear more about the comps you have in mind. As long as I don't have to explain why there's UN SPACY on the side of a Glaug, I'm in! :p

Matt I'd love to be on the board again, thanks very much for the invitation. Sucks to hear about work dude, however big congrats on the baby! If this is number one, you won't know what hit you :D A baby was a great cure for that nasty spare time, spare money problem I had a few years ago ;) hehe... Seriously though, bubs are awesome. It's a happiness you can't find anywhere else.

No.1 mate! :D Me and Sveta are extremely happy. :) Yeah mate, i'm in for the challenge, we been wanting one for a while, so the practice paid off. haha

Top stuff! Glad your on the board mate, everyone is much better for it! :D

As i said you can add stuff here and thee when you can, you got my e-mail and most of us are on msn or skype whatever,

we'll e-mail ya when there is important updates and need for discussion but e-mail me or the guys anytime!

meh it won't be long before i'm working again, i'm extrememly confident.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The model comp sounds good. I have never entered one before. I mainly build Gundams. I guess I can give Macross ago. I like the VF-25. ARE they eny other known varient colours other then the main four. Mind you the cannon fodder one would look nice

The model comp sounds good. I have never entered one before. I mainly build Gundams. I guess I can give Macross ago. I like the VF-25. ARE they eny other known varient colours other then the main four. Mind you the cannon fodder one would look nice

Cool as, well this years convention was two modeling comps -

Custom Model Build

+

Custom Model Paint Scheme

Warpaint22 is putting together some other modeling competitions to vary/spice up the competition.

Also just to show you some of what was exclusively shown -

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30212

The prizes are awesome, we have Overdrive, Kirin Hobby, and HLJ.com as powerhouse sponsors, and numerous aussie local sponsors.

There are heaps of other custom compeitions, like variable mecha (1/48's, 1/60's etc) and miscellaneous competitions, even Cosplay Tourney.

One tournement i'm really looking forward to is MAF (Macross Ace Frontier, and 2nd game Macross Ultimate Frontier)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

heya guys

thread looks like its coming along nicely but i now need to get a PSP and a copy of the macross games so i can beat everyone in the comp! :mellow: maybe....

And if we're suggesting place for it to be held how about sunny Perth! we it's not really very sunny right now but i would be around april/may next year.

And if was held in perth i'd be a shoe in for sure, still seeing about next year over east but. we got broken into about 2 weeks ago now (don't worry they didn't take any of my babies, to my fiances discust, and the forensic cop that came around to print the place was a robotech fan! I know i should have picked on him but i didn't but he loved all my gear :lol: ) so we gotta see how much they'll pay out and how much we need to spend on replacing other stuff but i'm still trying, still upset i never made it to this years one.

Maybe we could start a "help all the perthies make it to Mac Aus Con 2010" charity fund ^_^

hey mate! well one thing to look forward to for next year is a very low admission cost! :p

damn, srry to hear you got done! mongrels stole your macross stuff?!

Yeah you better get a PSP~!~~! I'm impressed with the interest in Macross Ace Frontier, it's such a rad game, it's perfect in so many ways! :D

You guys will like 1st place Prize. ;)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

hey mate! well one thing to look forward to for next year is a very low admission cost! :p

Yeah you better get a PSP~!~~! I'm impressed with the interest in Macross Ace Frontier, it's such a rad game, it's perfect in so many ways! :D

Does this game work on the Aussie PSP? I actually don't own one and if so where do you get it? I have seen screen dumps and it looks so cool. the only other game I have plyed witha valkrie/Veritech, is ROBOTECH Battlefront. But this one is pure macross so it looks like it rocks

nah thankfully they didn't take any of my stuff but my fiance kinda wishes they did ^_^

and to follow the previous question do we have to mod the PSP for the macross ace games to work or is it good to go straight from the box?

Does this game work on the Aussie PSP? I actually don't own one and if so where do you get it? I have seen screen dumps and it looks so cool. the only other game I have plyed witha valkrie/Veritech, is ROBOTECH Battlefront. But this one is pure macross so it looks like it rocks

Yep! She works on any PSP (with UMD, the new PSP is memory card based where you can download it but i'm not sure)

but both of these are readily available on such websites like yesasia.com and others which i'll hav a look for you when i can. I got mine from Yesasia.com.

PSP's are region free for GAMES, not movies, those are still region based. :D

BEST GAME EVER CREATED, get one! Battlefront is pure crap when you compare the two, it has to be seen to be believed. Could always check it on youtube i guess. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

nah thankfully they didn't take any of my stuff but my fiance kinda wishes they did ^_^

and to follow the previous question do we have to mod the PSP for the macross ace games to work or is it good to go straight from the box?

Ohh good! lol yea, i think al of our missus's would be happy if macross was wiped off the face of the planet, but like we care!

An answer above for PSP region free gaming. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Another reason to come to the con. - http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30280 ^_~

I'll be charging if you guys would like a pic of your noggin inside this perfect 1/1 scale Hikaru helm. :p Hair nets supplied! :lol:

Looks cool,

Also is Yesasia Reliable to buy from? I'm just checking them out and they have heaps of cool stuff, and the Macross DVD's that we will never see here. Even if they don't have subtitles.

Very reliable and ultra fast shipping, and if you spen over $50 US you get free shipping. :D

I've ordered off them heaps of times, plus the exchang is really good now, best time!

DVD's are fairly expensive, and of course no subs.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie