The Ohnogi Question

Gubaba

But, just in case you don't know Japanese and enjoy playing "Where's Waldo," here's "Ohnogi Hiroshi" in Japanese:

大野木寛

You won't find that name ANYWHERE in here.

Guess the cat is out of the bag now.

Well, I adore both of them, so you won't hear any objections from me.

But none of that matters now, 'cause...

LOOK WHAT I GOT IN THE MAIL TODAY, BITCHES!!!

post-939-1244926156_thumb.jpg

post-939-1244926208_thumb.jpg

This thing's gonna be a bear for me to translate, so if anyone wants to help pitch in, I'll be grateful. (I'm also going to post it up at AnimeSuki.)

But, just in case you don't know Japanese and enjoy playing "Where's Waldo," here's "Ohnogi Hiroshi" in Japanese:

大野木寛

You won't find that name ANYWHERE in here.

Well, well, well. "The truth shall set you free!" *cue epic music* ^_^

This topic has baffled me for a while. At first it all seemed pretty straight forward with regard to Ohnogi involvement and the role of Sheryl. Yet now it seems it was all the result of shipping gone way to far? Unbelievable. If some one doesn't like the ending or wants to force a different ending (for the movie), start a riot on 2chan and other Japanese sites. Doubt making things up and messing up translations is doing anyone any good. Sad to see a contributor to the fandom discredited like this (by his own doing ofc).

Surprising really that Ranka and Sheryl managed to get such strong responses from the fanbase. Both are stereotypical moe characters and Frontier is way more plot driven then SDFM allowing less time and space for character development. On repeat viewing I think the triangle feels pretty balanced with preknowledge of Ranka and Sheryls future actions so fans of either can't really complain.

Yeah, I tend to get a bit emotional on that topic. You are really the better spokesperson.

I have always gotten pretty annoyed, though, at this nebulous perception here on MW that fans on AS are somehow inferior in quality than the ones here. Ah, well. Elitism even in the fandom itself, I guess.

Can't really compare the two imo. I visit Suki reguarly but each series has it's own community so the atmosphere varies considerably from thread to thread. I feel that the Macross section is a bit more agressive then I like but then there are more random people posting things and the mods are more tolerant especially in regard to politics etc. so things are bound to heat up more.

This topic has baffled me for a while. At first it all seemed pretty straight forward with regard to Ohnogi involvement and the role of Sheryl. Yet now it seems it was all the result of shipping gone way to far? Unbelievable. If some one doesn't like the ending or wants to force a different ending (for the movie), start a riot on 2chan and other Japanese sites. Doubt making things up and messing up translations is doing anyone any good. Sad to see a contributor to the fandom discredited like this (by his own doing ofc).

I've said it before, I'll probably say it again...I don't *know* that Shaloom did this out of twisted shipping desires, it's just my best guess.

Stuff like the "Delta War" story from the fictitious Studio Nue Entertainment Bible Vol. 15, though...that was mentioned last July, so Shaloom had clearly been pushing Ohnogi misstatements on his forum well before the end of the series.

Anyway, quickie summary of the Famitsu article:

Page One

Column One:

Title: "About Macross Ace Frontier."

The interviewer asks Kawamori about various aspects of Macross Ace Frontier. Not really relevant to what we're going to this interview for.

Column Two:

Title: "About Macross Frontier."

First question: The interviewer asks how he feels, now that Frontier is finished. Kawamroi replies that it doesn't really feel like it's done, because they're working on the movie. He says it'll be something like DYRL, and that the characters and situations will remain close to the TV version.

Second question: What was the most troublesome point in using songs? I don't really understand Kawamori's answer. Something about thinking hard about where to place songs, and something about Seikan Hikou's "Kira!" I understand most of the indvidual words here, but I can't seem to fit it together into a comprehensible idea yet. Sorry. :(

Third Question: What was the main idea you were trying to get across with Frontier? Kawamori says that it can be taken purely as entertainment, but that there are ideas about a "communication gap" in the series, which hadn't been done in Macross before.

Fourth Question: What other big themes are in the show?

Page Two

Column One:

Fourth Question (con't): This is where Kawamori talks about polygamy, and I'm a little afraid of misinterpreting his answer, so I'll leave it for later. Again, sorry. :( This is also where he says the thing Shaloom mentioned about the difference between themes in Frontier and Plus.

Fifth Question: Tell us about the Vajra in detail. Kawamori's answer has some scientific terms I'll have to look up to get. I *think* it's something about trying to figure out how an animal with no brain would live, or something like that.

Column Two:

Sixth Question: Something about the dangers of implants. I don't really get it yet. Nor do I get Kawamori's answer.

Seventh Question: Finally, do you have a message for the fans? This is where Kawamori says wants everyone to see the Frontier movie in a movie theater, with a huge screen and huge sound.

Anyway, that's a rough (very rough) outline. Again, no episode commentary, nothing about Ohnogi.

It looks like Shaloom twisted the part about "Kira!" into "I made episode 12 just to make people angry, and then the 'Kira,'" but the original says nothing about making people angry.

Likewise, the beginning and the end of Page Two get translated by Shloom, but all of the other stuff seems to have been ignored in favor of bogus episode commentary.

Anyway, I'll have a much more complete version ready eventually. Please be patient...

Gubaba, great work here! Isn't the last piece of the puzzle the Bobby interview, which no one could find at all? This is a very special case, for which I think Shaloom should bear the burden of proof of producing it.

Yeah, he said that it was from "the Macross radio show" or "the MBS radio show" broadcadt on "August 9, 2008." But the corresponding episode of Macross F○※△ (Episode 19, I believe) had no Bobby interview. Neither did any other episode of Macross F○※△.

When bishopcruz asked Shaloom about it, Shaloom said it was a DIFFERENT Macross radio show, and that there was some service whereby, for 500 yen, he could listen to selected radio shows on his cellphone as many times as he liked (I should add that he said he was in Japan for most of Frontier's run).

Bishopcruz couldn't find anything about such a service, and neither of us could find any record of a different Macross radio show, not even on the Macross F MBS site.

(Oddly, there is NOW a cellphone-only Macross radio show, starring the voice actors for Ozma and Leon, but that just started last month.)

Anyway, the cellphone listening thing explains why Shaloom doesn't have any mp3s of the radio show yet could still transcribe and translate it. But it doesn't explain why it was never advertised or why it never showed up on Niconico. Or why no one besides Shaloom (including Japanese fans) appears to have heard it.

Whaddya know? It all comes back around to kresphy...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=666582

Macross F Movie

マクロスF

ファミ通河森インタ

・映画は愛おぼ形式。出てくるキャラ、基本的な事件は同じだが違う側面をどう描くか思案中

・キラッを聞かせせるためだけに12話を作った

・マクロスFのテーマはコミニュケーションギャップ。なかでも誤解とかすれ違い

・三角関係でどっちをとるかっつうけど今の社会で当たり前な一夫一妻制に縛られてるだけ。人間以外は一夫一妻制ばかりじゃない

All of this is from the Famitsu interview.

This line: キラッを聞かせせるためだけに12話を作った is the one that Shaloom erroneously translated as "I did episode 12 to make people angry, and then, the 'Kira!'" when really it says "Episode 12 was produced only for the 'Kira!'"

And even that isn't the complete sentence from the interview.

These lines must have been known to Macross Generation members, because these are the ONLY bits from the actual interview that Shaloom kept in his "translation." Throw in some known stuff to lend credibility to the rest of it...

Pretty sneaky, Sis.

Whaddya know? It all comes back around to kresphy...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=666582

All of this is from the Famitsu interview.

This line: キラッを聞かせせるためだけに12話を作った is the one that Shaloom erroneously translated as "I did episode 12 to make people angry, and then, the 'Kira!'" when really it says "Episode 12 was produced only for the 'Kira!'"

And even that isn't the complete sentence from the interview.

These lines must have been known to Macross Generation members, because these are the ONLY bits from the actual interview that Shaloom kept in his "translation." Throw in some known stuff to lend credibility to the rest of it...

Pretty sneaky, Sis.

Thanks for the update here Gubaba again, is there anything like adding rep on this website <_< Since I want to find some way to show my appreciation ^_^ Anyways, does this mean Shaloom = Ranka hater?

Looks like we're got it by the horns now. It's sort of amazing given his secrecy that the actual issue was actually named. It's unsurprising that some of it's true. Adding some truth makes it seem more plausible. It's the spoonful of "sugar" to help the "medicine" go down.

I don't wish to drag things off topic, but I don't like leaving things hanging. Basically, Swampstorm's correct here:

Roundabout, yes; subtle, no.

Try to humour him, though, and let it slide. I'm bound to enjoy this sort of game much more than you will. ;)

It was simply in jest. Hence the wink. I'm merely responding to a bombastic comment in kind. He finds Ranka annoying, so I merely brought up something that irked me a tiny bit about Sheryl as an opposite example mostly in joke. No potshot at her fans intended. I was even thinking of cutting it for this very reason to be honest, but have sort of taken Gubaba's previous comment of how I pussyfoot around the topic so as not to upset anyone to heart. ^_^ Ironically that sort of came to be partially upon a similar misunderstanding that took place over another throwaway comment between you and I. Like Gubaba, shipping has negatively impacted me on a character I should enjoy more than I already do. I can get your reaction, as it's the same one I had upon reading Nexx's comment, so we're both guilty of not letting things slide. Though I'll ignore the bit on your views of the quality of development being fact as something I disagree with and leave it at that.

As for AS, I've been a member there for as long as I have here, but like a lot of forums I'm on, I'm not all that active there anymore. Most comments are in reference to examples I've seen or comments by others (like "trench warfare" and things the nature of Gubaba's observations). Some actively said it was a cake walk here. Also statements of how rampant the interviews were there. It's sort of understandable when general discussion of Frontier is limited to one thread. Yes, people bought into it here, myself included (I'm not sure how to take the "ironically" comment ^_^;;), but it didn't get the exposure here that I'm told it did there. MW's not superior in that regard, just different. I have nothing against AS, but it doesn't always jive with me for whatever reason. MW has it's dark sides too. I remember some rather closed minded Star Wars threads.

As for liking both, I actually do, I just have fewer hiccups over Ranka it seems. I still wish I'd recorded my earlier thoughts pre-five or six. I've never quite understood why championing one has to come at the cost of bashing another, but it's seems to be the norm. I try my best not to do so myself, and apologize if I have. Swampstorm makes comments on fandom division, and while I'll agree that it's in the eye of the beholder, fans tend to champion it themselves. It's rather unavoidable and in one's nature to categorize. You have your unabashed Sheryl fans, some of which are proclaimed Ranka haters and vice versa. You have two forums, each different in their setup and scope, naturally it breeds different interactions. It's natural that there'd be division among residents. Different attitudes manifest. My own vocal nature depends greatly on how comfortable I am posting, so some forums I post often, and others, I sometimes just fall away. I remember how different MW felt while Frontier was airing not just because of fresh material, but the influx of people from other forums who brought their feel in.

Anyway, I'm rambling, and don't wish to detract from Gubaba's thread (apologies there if I have, Gubaba). I just don't wish any more bad blood between us.

On topic, I'm rather interested in hearing about that polygamy question. Seems that one still exists.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Thanks for the update here Gubaba again, is there anything like adding rep on this website <_< Since I want to find some way to show my appreciation ^_^ Anyways, does this mean Shaloom = Ranka hater?

No rep system (I don't really understand the rep system, anyway...), just Youtube-style stars. :)

I honestly don't know if Shaloom is a Ranka-hater. Certainly, he seems to be trying to show that the homages to previous stories show Ranka in a bad light, and was never a serious contender in the love triangle (for example, look at this, from the "liner notes" for episode 20: "The dialogues of Sheryl and Alto, when they are separated by a stray shot of a destroid, leaving Nanase hurt, and also the dialogue of Ranka thinking about Altos warm hand, are a reference to the reinterpretation of the attack by Kvamzin on Macross City, written by Ohnogi in his novels...[snip]...Hikaru then promises her [Misa] to return and find her on the field of battle, and goes with Minmay. While running with Hikaru, Minmay feels the warmth of his hand and comprehends that Hikaru was the brother she never had." So here Ohnogi the writer of episode 20, by making a reference to his own novel, is showing that Ranka is Minmay. But Minmay was smarter, because she saw Hikaru as a brother, not a love interest. Never mind that in that point in SDFM, Minmay was staying with Hikaru...).

So there's a lot of "Minmay + cluelessness = Ranka" stuff, there's a lot of "All the staff are big fans of Sheryl" stuff (like this: Between the presents Sheryl has in her hospital room, the director Kikuchi thought to put floral arrangement cards, to indicate that the staff of the series had sent said presents, but Kawamori decided to not do it, because maybe "the fans would kills us, because we can send Sheryl presents and they don´t". Originally, the presents for Sheryl would have been sent by Kawamori, Kikuchi, Miyatake and Hoshino. Risa Ebata also drew a present: A doll with the head of a dice, which had the kanji "health" on its chest. This doll was given to her ( Risa Ebata ) by her husband when she had to be interned in the hospital for having a severe stomach infection.) Kawamori's always the wet blanket in these situations, and Ohnogi seems to be the only staff member who can stand up to him.

But then there's a lot of Michael/Klan/Ozma/Kathy as compared to Max/Milia/Roy/Claudia stuff, and I can't understand what Shaloom's point is meant to be.

Again, my favorite, though, is this:

From the notes for episode 16: The "Call up Monster Girl" design on the König Monster was designed by Risa Ebata, solicited by Kawamori.

And from Episode 18: The nose art of “Call Up Monster Girl” is a piece of art which Ohnogi asked from Risa Ebata for the König Monster.

Which is it, Shaloom? Which is it? :p

Looks like we're got it by the horns now. It's sort of amazing given his secrecy that the actual issue was actually named.

Shaloom never gave the issue number. Bishopcruz did a lot of research and found out which one it was.

Basically, he knew it came out in late September or early October, and then it was a matter of finding reviews and contents lists and looking for which issue had a Kawamori interview. It took a few weeks before he finally confirmed that it was #1035.

\

But then there's a lot of Michael/Klan/Ozma/Kathy as compared to Max/Milia/Roy/Claudia stuff, and I can't understand what Shaloom's point is meant to be.

From the notes for episode 16: The "Call up Monster Girl" design on the König Monster was designed by Risa Ebata, solicited by Kawamori.

And from Episode 18: The nose art of “Call Up Monster Girl” is a piece of art which Ohnogi asked from Risa Ebata for the König Monster.

That's not just Shaloom, I've seen tons of comparisons to SDFM characters. Ranka usual is Minmay, Sheryl Misa, Ozma Roy, Klan and Michel Millia and Max, and so on. I think it had a lot to do with the vast amount of homages early in the series. Even I was getting a touch of a Gundam SEED feeling. Though I never agreed with Sheryl being Misa. She was always more DYRL Minmay to Ranka's TV Minmay, and even then, only in situation, not personality for either of them.

The slip up is amusing though. Sort of like he caught himself.

That's not just Shaloom, I've seen tons of comparisons to SDFM characters. Ranka usual is Minmay, Sheryl Misa, Ozma Roy, Klan and Michel Millia and Max, and so on. I think it had a lot to do with the vast amount of homages early in the series. Even I was getting a touch of a Gundam SEED feeling.

True. Even in the Frontier manga, there's a picture with Alto done up like Hikaru, Sheryl as Misa, and Ranka as Minmay.

But that's very different from saying, "this is a reference to a novel where Minmay does something stupid, but Ranka does it stupider." or "at this point in the novel, Misa says, 'Don't you know who I am? I'm the Captain of the Megaroad! Misa Hayase!'" (Sadly, I'm not making that second one up...Shaloom put that in his notes. :rolleyes: )

Edited by Gubaba

No rep system (I don't really understand the rep system, anyway...), just Youtube-style stars. :)

I honestly don't know if Shaloom is a Ranka-hater. Certainly, he seems to be trying to show that the homages to previous stories show Ranka in a bad light, and was never a serious contender in the love triangle (for example, look at this, from the "liner notes" for episode 20: "The dialogues of Sheryl and Alto, when they are separated by a stray shot of a destroid, leaving Nanase hurt, and also the dialogue of Ranka thinking about Altos warm hand, are a reference to the reinterpretation of the attack by Kvamzin on Macross City, written by Ohnogi in his novels...[snip]...Hikaru then promises her [Misa] to return and find her on the field of battle, and goes with Minmay. While running with Hikaru, Minmay feels the warmth of his hand and comprehends that Hikaru was the brother she never had." So here Ohnogi the writer of episode 20, by making a reference to his own novel, is showing that Ranka is Minmay. But Minmay was smarter, because she saw Hikaru as a brother, not a love interest. Never mind that in that point in SDFM, Minmay was staying with Hikaru...).

So there's a lot of "Minmay + cluelessness = Ranka" stuff, there's a lot of "All the staff are big fans of Sheryl" stuff (like this: Between the presents Sheryl has in her hospital room, the director Kikuchi thought to put floral arrangement cards, to indicate that the staff of the series had sent said presents, but Kawamori decided to not do it, because maybe "the fans would kills us, because we can send Sheryl presents and they don´t". Originally, the presents for Sheryl would have been sent by Kawamori, Kikuchi, Miyatake and Hoshino. Risa Ebata also drew a present: A doll with the head of a dice, which had the kanji "health" on its chest. This doll was given to her ( Risa Ebata ) by her husband when she had to be interned in the hospital for having a severe stomach infection.) Kawamori's always the wet blanket in these situations, and Ohnogi seems to be the only staff member who can stand up to him.

His mistakes will come back to haunt him. I've always believed in karma and it seems that Shaloom will begin to feel it's affect.

I actually bolded something up there Gubaba, I'm not sure if you were the one saying that because I don't believe Ranka was looking at Alto as a love interest at that moment considering her memory disorder. I seem to remember a similar situation happening to her when Brera was dragging her to that escape pod or something and she says something along the lines of "that day, that person's hands were warm as well." I know it's not the exact wording but something close to it. Basically she was kind of reliving her past ^_^

Still, at this moment I see Shaloom as a person that dislikes Ranka (maybe not hate but surely he doesn't like her) and I hope that it wasn't the sole reason for his false information. <_<

Edited by DeX-kun

True. Even in the Frontier, there's a picture with Alto done up like Hikaru, Sheryl as Misa, and Ranka as Minmay.

But that's very different from saying, "this is a reference to a novel where Minmay does something stupid, but Ranka does it stupider." or "at this point in the novel, Misa says, 'Don't you know who I am? I'm the Captain of the Megaroad! Misa Hayase!'" (Sadly, I'm not making that second one up...Shaloom put that in his notes. :rolleyes: )

Wow. That last line is just sooo OOC. Yeah, there is a distinct difference between seeing similarities, and flat out saying they're outright based on them. I was basically getting at that he simply went with preconceived notions.

I think there are several factors in why. Fanfiction to support your character is part of it, but it could just as easily be power tripping. There are shows that i feel I know better than some, so naturally it always feels good to answer newbys questions and whatnot, being seen as an "expert". He could've just as easily enjoyed "informing" the masses and getting their thanks. Though playing favorites is definitely part of it given magnuskn's report of altered fansubs.

For all we know, there was no agenda on his end at all, and he was merely giving people what they want in his eyes (generally a Ranka sucks, Sheryl rules, triangle ending was lame - HERE"S WHY type thing).

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

His mistakes will come back to haunt him. I've always believed in karma and it seems that Shaloom will begin to feel it's affect.

I actually bolded something up there Gubaba, I'm not sure if you were the one saying that because I don't believe Ranka was looking at Alto as a love interest at that moment considering her memory disorder. I seem to remember a similar situation happening to her when Brera was dragging her to that escape pod or something and she says something along the lines of "that day, that person's hands were warm as well." I know it's not the exact wording but something close to it. Basically she was kind of reliving her past ^_^

Still, at this moment I see Shaloom as a person that dislikes Ranka (maybe not hate but surely he doesn't like her) and I hope that it wasn't the sole reason for his false information. <_<

I should've been clearer...I don't think Ranka was thinking anything like, "Wow, Alto's hand is warm...AND HE'S HOT!" but the way Shaloom describes that imaginary scene from an imaginary novel, it seems like that's when Minmay gives up on Hikaru as a love interest.

I *think* Sahloom's point was that Ranka should've done the same.

Game. Set. Match.

Even knowing that the interview was pretty much going to be like this. It's nice to know that we're finally vindicated. Smoking gun indeed.

At least it's nice to know the work we put into this has pretty much panned out. I think it's pretty safe to conclude that no, Ohnogi did NOT work on MacF in any major way, and that Shaloom is a big fat liar, or barring that, clinically insane.

I can't actually quite describe how nice it is seeing this interview up after spending a lot of time trying to track it down, get scans, etc.

I think I'll just leave it as, it rocks.

Game. Set. Match.

Even knowing that the interview was pretty much going to be like this. It's nice to know that we're finally vindicated. Smoking gun indeed.

At least it's nice to know the work we put into this has pretty much panned out. I think it's pretty safe to conclude that no, Ohnogi did NOT work on MacF in any major way, and that Shaloom is a big fat liar, or barring that, clinically insane.

I can't actually quite describe how nice it is seeing this interview up after spending a lot of time trying to track it down, get scans, etc.

I think I'll just leave it as, it rocks.

More to the point (for me, at least) it's nice to know that the six SDFM novels and novellas (and two short stories) I have are indeed the only ones out there, and that I don't have to track down twenty-year-old issues of Animage and Out magazines (and very, very rare Studio Nue Entertainment Bibles) in order to keep my Complete Macross Translation Project true to its name.

I should've been clearer...I don't think Ranka was thinking anything like, "Wow, Alto's hand is warm...AND HE'S HOT!" but the way Shaloom describes that imaginary scene from an imaginary novel, it seems like that's when Minmay gives up on Hikaru as a love interest.

I *think* Sahloom's point was that Ranka should've done the same.

Ah I see what you were saying. I was just confused there for a second because I felt like I've seen someone with a statement like the previous one back in AS :lol:

Well, there's the smoking gun.

Fine work Gubaba. Guess the end of this little affair wasn't as anti-climatic as I'd feared. :lol:

Fine work indeed. Can I add more stars to Gubaba's profile now? :lol: I just think that it was such a waste to blow some money on some items that don't even include important information on Macross and on top of that, waste time to translate them. Anti-climatic? Never ^_^ I just feared that Gubaba wouldn't be able to get his hands on the Famitsu interview but in the end, everything is settled. All that's left is for Shaloom to come forth and admit it. I pray to god that he doesn't release the liner notes for episode 25...<_<

All that's left is for Shaloom to come forth and admit it. I pray to god that he doesn't release the liner notes for episode 25...<_<

Are you kidding? That'll be AWESOME!!!

I'm imaging something like this:

Bobby: Thank you, Kawamori-sama for making our darling Ranka not lose at the end!

Kawamori: Well, you know, it was very difficult to do so. My friend Hiroshi-san and all the staff, as well as the fans, well, they all wanted to see Sheryl win. But you know, I thought, 'Screw them! This is MY show, and I'll do whatever the hell I want with it.' So I made the ending the way I did. Well, actually, I wanted to have Ranka win Alto's heart and Sheryl to die a miserable, lonely death, but the staff rebelled. For some reason that I cannot understand, they all like Sheryl. And they tell me the fans love her very much. It makes me sad to know that my darling Ranka is not as popular. But we'll fix that in the movie. Hiroshi-san is not coming back to write it, so I'll get to do everything I want. If you don't like Ranka, don't bother seeing the movie. Of course, all of this is still up in the air. If I get a lot of hate emails from people on the message forum, I might change my mind.

I just think that it was such a waste to blow some money on some items that don't even include important information on Macross and on top of that, waste time to translate them.

I think this is the worst part of the whole affair. Gubaba and bishopcruz should not have had to spend their time and effort debunking fan made crap like this. Shaloom should be ashamed for trying to manipulate other fans like this and for forcing others to spend time and effort debunking his suspect sources. He should know better. I realize that both our members may have enjoyed the research and the work uncovering this fan fib, but they didn't have to be put through this. Especially when there are so many legitimate sources to be translated and researched. I for one am glad the final nail in the coffin of this Shaloom affair has been hammered down.

I think this is the worst part of the whole affair. Gubaba and bishopcruz should not have had to spend their time and effort debunking fan made crap like this. Shaloom should be ashamed for trying to manipulate other fans like this and for forcing others to spend time and effort debunking his suspect sources. He should know better. I realize that both our members may have enjoyed the research and the work uncovering this fan fib, but they didn't have to be put through this. Especially when there are so many legitimate sources to be translated and researched. I for one am glad the final nail in the coffin of this Shaloom affair has been hammered down.

It's not as bad as all that, I think.

The Famitsu Interview isn't a terribly valuable source, but the Yoshino Interview from the Official Fan Book and Kawamori's Commentary from 2059: Memories are highly worthwhile just on their own merits.

The hours spent searching Google, though...that, I could've done without. I'm sure bishopcruz would agree.

It's not as bad as all that, I think.

The Famitsu Interview isn't a terribly valuable source, but the Yoshino Interview from the Official Fan Book and Kawamori's Commentary from 2059: Memories are highly worthwhile just on their own merits.

The hours spent searching Google, though...that, I could've done without. I'm sure bishopcruz would agree.

Just read your post in Macross Generation. You don't mince words don't you? :lol: Let's see how large an uproar can it make.

Just read your post in Macross Generation. You don't mince words don't you? :lol: Let's see how large an uproar can it make.

I can mince words very well...in English. I have to be a little more direct if I want to speak in comprehensible Spanish. ;)

EDIT: And if you thought that was direct, you should've seen the PM I sent to Shaloom... ^_^

Edited by Gubaba

I can mince words very well...in English. I have to be a little more direct if I want to speak in comprehensible Spanish. ;)

EDIT: And if you thought that was direct, you should've seen the PM I sent to Shaloom... ^_^

You might have to send me your message to Shaloom but please, I want it rated G ;) j/k of course :lol: Although you're downplaying your effort, it's really just about wasting any money on this when this person pulls information out of his bum where I feel disgusted. <_<

Edited by DeX-kun

I wonder how much time will pass until shaloom delete those post xD

Probably as soon as he shows up on the board.

Which is why I also sent a message to the guy in charge of the FWF Frontier fansub project, for whom Shaloom was writing the liner notes. :D