Pixar's Toy Story 3

woohoo!!! <---- for my kids... they absolutely love Toy Story 1 & 2 and that Buzz Lightyear cartoon... they watch it, like, 10-15 times a week! they even asked me to buy this Toy Story gasha/action fig set w/ Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Zurg and 2 LGMs... :lol:

I remember dragging my brother and cousin with me to see Toy Story. They were both getting ready to hate it. They walked out of the theater thinking it was pretty good. That's what I love about Pixar, they always try to write a movie that adults will appreciate and they end up with a good family movie that doesn't talk down to kids.

• 10 months later...
I remember dragging my brother and cousin with me to see Toy Story. They were both getting ready to hate it. They walked out of the theater thinking it was pretty good. That's what I love about Pixar, they always try to write a movie that adults will appreciate and they end up with a good family movie that doesn't talk down to kids.

That's the thing I learned a while back with Pixar. They make movies that I wouldn't normally have an interest in. I mean who wants to see a movie about a fish looking for his kid. But then you go see it and you leave the theatres pretty surprised. So I just go see everything they make. I think Cars and Bug's Life are probably the ones I like least and they still hold up as good movies compared to other movies, not just other CG animations. I can't wait to see this one though. I enjoyed rewatching the others in 3D.

Why not just use a Care Bear?

I like the fact that they use actual toys but the coolest ones are the ones they create themselves. Even they have a nostalgia factor even though I never had them as a kid. They need to put a 1/55 in there though, or a Golion with lead, lol.

Even though Toy Story 3 looks Brave Little Tostery so far, I still can't wait to see it. Hell, Wall-E & Up both greatly surprised me, and I already loved Nemo & the Incrediles.

But I loved Brave Little Toster as a kid. :huh:

• 1 month later...

Saw the midnight showing. Another great addition to the Pixar family and won't leave any fans of the originals unhappy. Like many of the critics are saying however, this movie is a lot darker than you'd expect from Pixar.

Expect(if you have a heart) to get teary eyed near the end. If this is the end of the series, it's goes out like it should and works.

saw it today and oh god it was soooo good! Like others are saying it is pretty dark in some parts

especially the whole dumpster scene, damn that was so intense

but other than that, its no secret that the target audience of this

film are those who grew up with the other two, lots of nostalgia references

I definitely loved it and would even see it again

Another great movie from Pixar. Certainly did not disappoint, and I echo what the others said: It is markedly darker than its predecessors, and some scenes might be scary for very young children.

I must say that this movie is a real emotional roller coaster, and I shed man-tears in the last quarter of the show.

Basically, for those who are on the fence, stop waiting for reviews and just go see it. It will definitely be money well spent. Reading reviews sometimes gives away of the story (however little it may be)and ruin what would otherwise be nice little surprises. Best to go with a mind totally not knowing what the show has to offer. Did I say you won't be disappointed?

Edited by BlueMax

Darker? Yes, but many plot elements are recycled from the first two. At one point, I literally thought to myself "this is just like that one part in Toy Story 2". Kinda disappointed, considering how much I liked the first 2. This really was just "more" IMHO. Not really "new/better".

I will say I probably laughed more during this one than the first 2.

Saw the midnight showing. Another great addition to the Pixar family and won't leave any fans of the originals unhappy. Like many of the critics are saying however, this movie is a lot darker than you'd expect from Pixar.

Expect(if you have a heart) to get teary eyed near the end. If this is the end of the series, it's goes out like it should and works.

Darker than the beginning of up with a man's wife miscarrying, then dying, then having his house taken away? I don't doubt Pixar's ability to do dark, even if subtly, it's something I admire about them.

Darker than the beginning of up with a man's wife miscarrying, then dying, then having his house taken away? I don't doubt Pixar's ability to do dark, even if subtly, it's something I admire about them.

I wouldn't call that dark though. that's just generally depressing, which is fairly normal for Disney movies in general (Bambie, Dumbo, lion king, etc...).

Really though the only part that was surprisingly dark/scary was

the incinerator scene.

That was the only point where I thought to myself as I was watching the movie "wow, they really included that in a kids movie?" because honestly, that would have freaked me the f*ck out when I was however old I was when I saw the first movie.