The making of a 1/72 Tacticar Pod Graug--the musical!

captain america

There's not enough demand for SC models to warrant the sculpt. My next project will likely be a re-issue of the full-cockpit Regult some time next month.

I am SO pleased to see you say that. And about the Regult, too. Boom boom! :D

I'm interested in the Regult too. How does size compare to the 1/72 injection kit?

Cory, what IS it with you and that horrible hovertank anyway? :p The ONLY good hovertank in ALL of science fiction is the Nutrocker. So there. :)

I am SO pleased to see you say that. And about the Regult, too. Boom boom! :D

I'm interested in the Regult too. How does size compare to the 1/72 injection kit?

Like the Graug, the Regult is larger than its plastic counterpart, but closer to "official" dimensions, while still being able to realistically cram a pilot figure inside. With the guns at the top of the head/pod, a Regult stands just a little shorter than a 1/48 VF-1 Battroid. Enclosed pic for size reference.

Electric matthew, ahiachris, Kremmen, I will put you at the top of the tentative list. When I get around to the project in a month's time, hopefully there will be sufficient demand to warrant a green light.

post-632-1253339096_thumb.jpg

Like the Graug, the Regult is larger than its plastic counterpart, but closer to "official" dimensions, while still being able to realistically cram a pilot figure inside. With the guns at the top of the head/pod, a Regult stands just a little shorter than a 1/48 VF-1 Battroid. Enclosed pic for size reference.

Electric matthew, ahiachris, Kremmen, I will put you at the top of the tentative list. When I get around to the project in a month's time, hopefully there will be sufficient demand to warrant a green light.

Arrrrr, thank'eee, Cap'n!

Yer putting out the regular, plain jane vanilla Regult, yes? Not to be confused with the heavy missle, light missle, and scout varients?

Captain, can I be added to that short list too?

Put me down also John.I've missed out on that one and can't wait to get my hands on it :)

BTW The Claug arrived this morning....Whohooo beatifull work

Cory, what IS it with you and that horrible hovertank anyway? :p The ONLY good hovertank in ALL of science fiction is the Nutrocker. So there. :)

I think it's a nifty design that hasn't gotten nearly enough model/toy love. Both Macross and Mospeada have been flooded with product from their lines, so there's only one show left to go to finish the trilogy...

As if you better check the bulb in your lamp as I know you'll need it to light up. :)

Not sure if I'm interpreting that correctly, but I never take it for granted that there will be sufficient response to a proposal. Heck, I remember trying to (rather unsuccessfully) get a 1/48 Inbit project off the ground last year. Some things are popular, others aren't.

You're right. Macross 1/72 things are popular, but 1/48 things not too much. :p

I think it's because products of 1/48 and 1/60 are mainly toys. As for 1/72 it's scale models. I personally only buy 1/72 and 1/144 Macross models, 1/144 Gundam models. That's why I'm now trying to make 1/72 Macross ground vehicles available ^_^ .

Captain, I'd finished checking the Glaug. It's a finework of arts. Thank you for adding into the short list of reissue Regults.

I'll pass for the Regult... because I already have it! B))

Hey guys I did not want to start a new thread on this, but does anyone have the Regault Scout Instructions and the Zentron Instructions? ( the ones that fit in the regular regalt and the standing?) I Dont know how But I lost them a while back.

Thank you for any help

Carl

Carl, send me a PM with your email, I'll send to you the Scout Instructions. I think that there was not instructions for Zentran soldier, neither Kamjin.

John

Are you going to do anything new with this rev? If so please tell us. I have 2 of your old ones and they are just great kits.

Oh god. John did a Scout and Missile version too? Note to self: never take a summer off the forums ever, ever again...

Kremmen,

I think you can ask Captain if he still have the Scout Regult for sale. I saw that he was selling some of his surplus kits.

I'd finally able to grab most of his sculpts.

Edited by ahiachris

John

Are you going to do anything new with this rev? If so please tell us. I have 2 of your old ones and they are just great kits.

I will be casting both halves of the cockpit opaque, whereas one side was translucent on the original. I'll also likely be going to a different color of resin to distinguish it from the original... I might also make a few refinements here and there; nothing major.

I will be casting both halves of the cockpit opaque, whereas one side was translucent on the original. I'll also likely be going to a different color of resin to distinguish it from the original... I might also make a few refinements here and there; nothing major.

:lol: I'm so glad that I'm at the top of the very short pre-order list.