Macross creators and Macross World

The "creators" of Macross, as in the people who dreamed of this stuff in the 80's, or the people that hold the rights to the franchise today?

Well, in either case, I think it's safe to say they really don't care...

Don't forget that this is a foreign language message board based upon an animated series originating a quarter of a century ago. I'd be surprised if any of "them", whoever you are referring to, were interested enough to ferret out all of the message boards around the world that deal with this stuff.

I think we already know that the merchandising licensees are aware of these forums for all the wrong reasons.

If my memory serves me, Graham talked to the people at the Satelight booth at the C3 convention in Hong Kong, recently.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=742836

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=743122

Do the creators know about MW? Probably not. Do they care? Probably not.

why would they care about what a bunch of overcritical old farts stuck on the past think of an 80's show

they are making big bucks on our melancholy, maybe if we weren't buying all the broken low quality crap they keep shelling out they'd be having a hard time and then listen to us

if they do check, all I can say is that it's to laugh at us

why would they care about what a bunch of overcritical old farts stuck on the past think of an 80's show

they are making big bucks on our melancholy, maybe if we weren't buying all the broken low quality crap they keep shelling out they'd be having a hard time and then listen to us

if they do check, all I can say is that it's to laugh at us

This site haven't become like 4chan yet, has it? :lol:

I've been told that MW is a wretched hive of scum and villainy apparently threatening the destruction of the all human life and Tom Cruise. ;):p:lol:

But just in case any plants are among us reporting our words for the Big Wigs of Big West, we love Macross. We like to have sexular relations with Macross. We are Macrossafarians, followers of the Hory Froating Head of Kawamori! Give us more Macross, precious... :lol:

Edited by Mr March

Haruhiko Mikimoto knows about it in at least an offhand sense.

Story of the Mikimoto Lynn Minmay Macross World Sketch.

Back in February Art Geuness gallery in Akihabara held a Mikimoto exhibit and on the last day Mikimoto attended a small talk event and limited number of signings. Only 20 free signing tickets were handed out and I was luck enough to get one. The rules of the signing was that the item signed had to be written out to the ticket holder, they also expressed the reason was the increase of online auction sketches being sold. Second rule was you can only have Mikimoto's signature on the supplied signboard, no books or other types of items. The days of non-addressed to signatures and sketches is coming to an end do to resales.

So after the talked event they started the line for the signing and that is when I decided to have the autograph made out to Macross World. When my turn came I told Mikimoto about the con and ask if it would be ok to write the signature out to Macross World. He said sure no problem, then paused and said I'll do it after the event. He even still gave me a signboard autographed, and had a few min to chat. Once every one left the event he came back out and I was just talking to him and he started sketching Minmay. My mouth just dropped he only agreed to an autograph, but on his own decided to do a sketch. Then when he wrote it out to MWsama I knew right then this was a very special sketch. Mikimoto only did the sketch because it was for a donation to an event for international fans outside of Japan.

Since Feb. I've had the sketch and thought how I was going to release it to the MW community, with out it being sold on ebay. I would really like for the sketch to stay in the community, and if for any reason if the winner doesn't want it later please arrange for it to be passed on to a fellow member. That's all I ask.

I did request that there be some type of requirement to be able to win it at the event, but I think it is great that the guys have opened it to all eligible members worldwide. Also the money for the ticket is going to help this weekends con and future cons. I sent allot of stuff to the guys for prizes and shipping was not cheap, the organizers of the con paid for the shipping so right there funds for the sketch are doing exactly what they are suppose to do.

Anyways I wish I was going to the con, and I hope it's one of the best ones yet. I'll start getting stuff together for next years con, who knows what I'll get my hands on.

Does anybody have a pic of this sketch?

Clicking the arrow in the small red box at the top of the particular quote will take you to the post and topic in question for more information. Although, a photo from the current owner, ruskiiVFaussie, can be found here.

Clicking the arrow in the small red box at the top of the particular quote will take you to the post and topic in question for more information. Although, a photo from the current owner, ruskiiVFaussie, can be found here.

Wow. I didn't know that. I'm a lilltle less dumb now. thanks for the heads up veffidas. ^_^