VF-1 Valkyrie paper models

Getter 1

Thanks guys :D for bottom pix you'll have to ask Codam as I've already sent it to him :p

I do have another couple in line to build but have a few projects in the way ATM. Trying to finish another Christmas build but the recipent is a member here to so I won't reveal it till he's gotten it.

One of those builds you will definently be albe to see the bottom of for what I have planned for it ;)

Ha ha Valks do look good in most any medium. Have you guys seen the VF-2S paper model designed by Janx? I built a prototype for him while back but he's not done with the final product yet.

G1

post-1638-1259647010_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1259647106_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1259647156_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1259647186_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1259647289_thumb.jpg

Opps hold on I forgot there was 2 bottom pix from the build thread I did at the paper forum. The shots were before the GU-11 was added so you get a good shot of the bottom here ;)

For those interested here's the build thread. You have to sign up to see the pix but like here it's free.

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/figurin...ie-trainer.html

Link to the Oberth thread so you can see Ltla's work. This is his 3rd design, he learns VERY fast on 3D.

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/figurin...-destroyer.html

G1

post-1638-1259648828_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1259648904_thumb.jpg

Very nice work!! I want to see some pictures of bottom side if you can post them.

holy poo, that VF-2ss is awesome. If I wouldn't be the lazy guy I am I would have made my macross papercrafts transformable too :D

I am totally suprised by the awesome work of the paper model. So vivid.

I remember that I saw a vf-4g paper model somewhere, which is also quite sweet.

A pitty that can not find pix in my pc so can not share with you guys.

on the previous page, getter1 posted the link, last link.

Edited by RDClip

Yep that VF2SS is the only prototype so far. Janx is done with the tweaking I believe and it needs textures now. He was also working on the VF2JA but that was a while ago. So many other projects pile up on him and he gets bogged down.

I should try to jolt him back on those 2 :D I have an idea how to :p

A bit of warning for those who would be interested in the VF2SS paper model. It incorporates a lot of advanced paper aircraft building techniques. The VF-1 models shown in this thread as advanced as they are they are still a moderate level being advanced only by the enhancement parts. The VF2SS is considerably harder to build.

Urashiman, as TC said the VF2SS like the VF-1 paper models can be made into any one of the modes but they are not designed to transform. Now there is a gentelman on the paper forum who was making his VF-1 Model transform. While I was working on the design I considered a transformation gear package but decided against it. The plastic transforming models get floppy after a few transforms and the paper would probalby be floppy before finishing the build :p I deemed it not worth the effort but don't let that thought stop anyone who may want to tackle it ;)

For those interested in building some of the papercrafts be sure to check out the paper model fourm. Join up, introduce yourselves, have a look round and I assure you, you WILL be amazed at what can be done with paper :D :D :D I was seriously skeptical myself at 1st but I left that opinion behind, WAY behind!!! In the download section you will find many more Macross paper models such as Mr. TC's SDF-1 and small version Fan Racer. Ltla has made a Lancer II and an SD VF-1D (Gerwalk mode) avaliable. I want to see some builds of your models there and here ;)

Oh Janx also has a Legioss/Alpha Fighter in fighter mode avaliable there to ;) See pix :D

G1

post-1638-1260422518_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1260422561_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1260422595_thumb.jpg

Oh Janx is making a better Legioss/Alpha that buuilds all 3 modes to but that to is a backlog project :p

I've got something in a planning phase to that will be revealed when I have something to show ;) It will have to wait till after the holidays before I can get into it heavy.

G1

• 3 months later...

I just finished a VF-1S super with full cockpit and pilot. I used plastic from a water bottle for the canopy, so it isn't perfect, but it looks good enough for me. I'm hoping to start the large scale SDF-1 Macross by Thunderchild soon. That should be a long fun build.

Sorry can't post pics, no camera.

Edited by RDClip

Hi Guys,

indeed the VF2SS has been reborn, had almost a total rework from the original protoype Getter1 built, but it is still ongoing, most of the base textures are done some ideas for schemes are below.

There is a newer version to be completed soon too with the complexity reduced to make it alot easier to build, it is in fighter mode only though. I will post images as soon as it is done.

post-8959-1268477044_thumb.jpg

post-8959-1268477071_thumb.jpg

post-8959-1268477093_thumb.jpg

post-8959-1268477128_thumb.jpg

Hello All,

I've been painting the prototype as it was too much work to let stay a white model. I prepped the surface with Mr. Surfacer 500 and then started laying on the color coats. All the panel lines were added with a sharpened mechanical pencil and some details were added by using the base textures as decals. As Janx mentioned the proto and the current ver differ some so I had to make some adjustments since I was using his current ver. with textures as templates.

I'll post more when it's completed. I just have to finish the stand and apply the clear coat to the sub assemblies before final assembly.

G1

post-1638-1268618440_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1268618528_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1268618612_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1268618695_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1268618788_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1268618882_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1268618962_thumb.jpg

I just finished a crane thingy to hold my recently finished VF-1S super. Its about a foot tall with a swinging arm at the top with a claw to hold the valk. Made of all cardstock with some bamboo skewers to reinforce. It turned out too top heavy so i glued a bunch of pennies to the base to weigh it down. It'll look good in my future project hanger bay for my papercraft valks.

If i can borrow a camera, i'll post some pics.

Edited by RDClip

• 9 years later...
  • 8 months later...