VF-1 Valkyrie paper models

Getter 1

• 3 weeks later...
Okay, I've run through that thread at least 7 times and I can't find where I'm supposed to download this.

Getter, where do I find it, exactly? :huh:

You have to go to the download section. Here's a direct link,

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/downloa...do=cat&id=1

That link takes you to the new forum we're on and now it's up to date and has even more than the old forum has. The Armor will be ready soon to :D

Rember you have to make at least 1 or 2 posts before you can download anything ;)

Excillon, I try not to think of the backlog I have :p After getting into paper models it more than doubled the load I had in plastic :p

G1

SMC,

3' each!!!! Good Gawd!!!! You could put a GI Joe (the big ones) in that baby :p Yep Janx did a very nice job on the wolf pack scheme. Just wait till I revealthe custom one I requested from him ;) Only hint is it's from WW2 :D

Anotheran, Ntsan,

Did you guys get to download yet?

G1

Yeah, I saw 'em. D/l'd your detail pack, 1D Angel, and I was gonna download the darkbird, but decided against it.

The real plus of these is that they're vectored at the source, so I don't have to clean up, just zoom in, screencap, and work 'em together in GIMP... Then, take them apart, so I can print it on many many sheets of cardstock.

I just realized I probably did a bad job of scaling this; I might be building this 3 times bigger than I'd wanted to. 1/6 ain't a bad scale, though, right? :lol:

Now, where to put the completed model? Also, how much reinforcement will I need? 0_0

SMC,

3' each!!!! Good Gawd!!!! You could put a GI Joe (the big ones) in that baby :p Yep Janx did a very nice job on the wolf pack scheme. Just wait till I revealthe custom one I requested from him ;) Only hint is it's from WW2 :D

Anotheran, Ntsan,

Did you guys get to download yet?

G1

Hi Getter 1, not sure if you did something to help fix the problem but I'm able to download the file today! I'm so looking forward to putting it together. I guess this can be my bday present from MWF/papermodelers :D :D

Hey Guys,

Be sure to post pix of your builds here and there ;) I'm sure the paper guys would love to see more of these built :D

I haven't been able to get back to building more myself as I am a test builder for 4 different designers and I've been very busy of late :p Currently working on a Sword Impulse Gundam. Just finished with a Gunstar (also avaliable at Papermodelers in the sci-fi and real space section). Wish I could show the other buld recently done but the designer still wants it under wraps for now :p

G1

• 2 weeks later...

hello boys Alex and I am Italian, I am a big fan of Macross and paper craft, I take this opportunity to compliment getter for the beautiful realization. I have a question: wings open and close?

Sorry for the writing, but in English are not so practical :p

Edited by Senzasuono

hello boys Alex and I am Italian, I am a big fan of Macross and paper craft, I take this opportunity to compliment getter for the beautiful realization. I have a question: wings open and close?

Yeah, English is a bad language to try to speak, since it has no rules, only exceptions.

The wings DO swing open and closed. It takes more work to make them, but they do. Also, with the Detail Kit, you can make the flaps move, too.

Thanks :D Janx and I had worked long and hard to make those the best we could.

As SMC said the wings do open and close. I would love to see you build one ;)

Oh your English is fine. It's my native language and I have a hard enough time with it :p

G1

ok, thanks guys around see if I can find something Macross Free, if I where to buy.

now I'm about to finish a Mech of Front Mission 4, I know it has nothing to do with the saga but it was to start with and do something practical. :p

if you know where to look for something please post some links, I would always start with a robot or maybe a plane, I do not lack passion.

hello and thank you again. ;)

Okay, I mean no offense, but I can't read your English so well. Understandably, since you speak Italian first. Could you please run that by me in Italian, so I can get a better gist of it? I could at least get the gist of what you're saying in that with a translator and my knowledge of Latin, limited as it is.

Welcome to Macross World, man, but remember that I won't always be able to understand you. ;)

(And it's sad, because my dad's deafness means he uses ASL, which is based on French grammar. You'd think I'd have a better hang on romantic grammar.)

Senzasuono,

You can find a lot of free models in the download section at this forum,

http://www.papermodelers.com/

To be able to download you need to become a member and do a few posts. After they make sure you're not a spammer they will let you download models. here is the Macross models found in this thread and others like the SDF-1, an SD Valkyrie, Lancer II Space Fighter and others. Here's a direct link to the download page of anime models,

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/downloa...do=cat&id=1

Here's another great site full of free models of all kinds,

http://paperkraft.blogspot.com/search/label/Paper%20Models

If you like Old Super robots and G1 Transformers here you go (Italian Site ;) ),

http://digilander.libero.it/papermodels/

Here you will find lots of Sci-Fi models and this is where I got the main template for the VF-1 Project,

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Esf-papercraft/

If it's planes you want, here's some mid level models. My Next build will be one of his Drakkens :)

http://www.hoxity.de/papercraft/marauder_main.html

Lots more Macross and other stuff here (these can be quite hard to build),

http://urashiman.kilu.de/site/dtl-paper.html

That should keep you busy for some time ;) I got more............lots more if you want em :D Post a pic of your FM4 model :D I'ld love to see it ;) Hope I understood you correctly.

Enjoy,

G1

Okay, I mean no offense, but I can't read your English so well. Understandably, since you speak Italian first. Could you please run that by me in Italian, so I can get a better gist of it? I could at least get the gist of what you're saying in that with a translator and my knowledge of Latin, limited as it is.

Welcome to Macross World, man, but remember that I won't always be able to understand you. ;)

(And it's sad, because my dad's deafness means he uses ASL, which is based on French grammar. You'd think I'd have a better hang on romantic grammar.)

I'm sorry, do not worry, I am aware that my English and 'horrible'll try' a translator online and see if I improve :ph34r:

@ G1:Mom how many links there :blink::lol:

thanks

I'm going to take a look and then I will make you 'know

I'd like to make a robot to me, what program can I use?

AutoCad 2009 can 'go?

There is a tutorial on how to do?

I only wish I had the sense to learn Italian. That'd make life a bit easier... And German and Japanese and French and Spanish and I could go on, but you get the picture.

So, what exactly are you trying to do? If you want to make your own papercraft, I guess any modelling software will work, as long as you unfold it in Pepakura Designer.

• 1 month later...

Greetz all!

Been lurking round here for some time. Thought I'd say howdy.

Getter, I decided it's time we meet in places other than papermodelers.com, while reading this thread... :D

SchizophrenicMC, I can't believe your planning to do that scale! OMG! How's that coming along?

I'll start a thread soon with some of my own stuff. Getter, you should have a fleet of valks by now. How bout a pic of them all together?

Thunda!!!

Great to see you here to ;) As for a fleet, I've only built 3 non-prototypes so far and 2 will be re-done :p One is the VF-1X as I built that one before I developed the cockpit :p I can't have no cockpit on my display pieces :p And the other was the Vf1J Battroid I built for the armor test bed. In fact I may end up re-doing the VF-1A Max type also due to the new cockpit position I recently did :p Attached pix of what I'm babbling about. It bugged me how the original model's spine came up so high off the deck so I re-positioned the connection slot. This also allows the full head to be used in Fighter and Gerwalk modes instead of the cut off version I did earlier.

I got a couple printed out and will be getting on them real soon but i got that tiny little prototype of your design ont he desk ATM. It's small and not too complex so it's a nice little distraction. I'll post pix of it here and on papermodelers.com ;)

See I keep getting on beta builds for folks :p I bet the good folks here would like to see your other secret model that you still won't let me show off :p

G1

post-1638-1256575163_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1256575310_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1256575601_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1256575737_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1256575856_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1256575939_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...