Sequels that we DON'T want to see!!

Oh I got 2 more for the list:

American Psycho 2 (with Jackie from that 70's show, come on!)

And they're actually making a sequel to Donnie Darko. How in the f**k are they going to make a sequel to that?!

Battlefield Earth 2. I didn't like what I've seen of the first movie.

As for the book...

Let's just say that I bailed right in the middle of the first chapter. L. Ron Hubbard was too freaking dry for me.

Speaking of Hubbard, I didn't like the Mission Earth series of books that well, either (I'm not a very big fan of satire; Mel Brooks is just about the only satire movies I'll watch).

Battlefield Earth 2. I didn't like what I've seen of the first movie.

As for the book...

Let's just say that I bailed right in the middle of the first chapter. L. Ron Hubbard was too freaking dry for me.

Speaking of Hubbard, I didn't like the Mission Earth series of books that well, either (I'm not a very big fan of satire; Mel Brooks is just about the only satire movies I'll watch).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I actually liked the book Battlefield Earth. I'm not into Scientology or L. Ron Hubbard's views, but he did write a fair science fiction story. I feel that if it had been handled properly it would have made a good movie or miniseries.

However, a sequel I didn't want to hear about: Toy Story 3.

Yeah, I said it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I actually liked the book Battlefield Earth. I'm not into Scientology or L. Ron Hubbard's views, but he did write a fair science fiction story. I feel that if it had been handled properly it would have made a good movie or miniseries.

However, a sequel I didn't want to hear about: Toy Story 3.

Yeah, I said it.

I haven't read it, but a few friends I trust have, and they said they were expecting Scientology in disguise, but instead it turned out to be pure dumb fun.

I might get around to reading it one of these days, but probably not...

Communists like L. Ron Hubbard? :blink: Since when?

I was making a joke saying that only people of Communists nations would agree with making a sequel to Battlefield Earth. (I'm a conservative, and I'll take any chance I get to poke fun at the left {I may be taking a chance of being spanked for saying this}).

Sometimes my humor is a little difficult to digest.

Bersides, I don't think L. Ron Hubbard was a Communist, just some guy who didn't like doctors (the guy is taking a dirt nap, after all).

Another tilte not to make a sequel of: Dune. You can't improve on perfection, after all.

Edited by Wanzerfan

I was making a joke saying that only people of Communists nations would agree with making a sequel to Battlefield Earth. (I'm a conservative, and I'll take any chance I get to poke fun at the left {I may be taking a chance of being spanked for saying this}).

Sometimes my humor is a little difficult to digest.

:mellow:

Digest? No. Understand? Yes.

Another tilte not to make a sequel of: Dune. You can't improve on perfection, after all.

Um...no one told you about Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune, and Chapterhouse Dune, I take it...?

Um...no one told you about Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune, and Chapterhouse Dune, I take it...?

I was talking about David Lynch's cinema masterpiece, not the books nor the Sci-Fi Channel miniseries Dune and Children of Dune (which cobbled together Dune Messiah and Children of Dune). The movie left no real room for a sequel.

I was talking about David Lynch's cinema masterpiece, not the books nor the Sci-Fi Channel miniseries Dune and Children of Dune (which cobbled together Dune Messiah and Children of Dune). The movie left no real room for a sequel.

No, it didn't...because it botched the ending.

"Yay! Rain on Arrakis! Plants are growing! Now all the sandworms will die and there will be no more Spice and interstellar travel will be impossible! Yay!"

• 2 weeks later...

Loose Change - Really, This Is The Final Edit

Loose Change - We Removed All The Stuff Popular Science Debunked & We Have More B.S., Umm, We Mean Evidence

Captain America 2 (in reference to the movie that came out in the 90's)

Scary Movie 15

Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat (live action movie in response to Aliens Vs. Predator & Freddy Vs. Jason)

Child's Play: Chuckie Gets Divorced & Put On Child Support

Barbie 2 (There's already transformers and g.i. joe, it's just a matter of time before they make a barbie movie for the ladies).

Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat (live action movie in response to Aliens Vs. Predator & Freddy Vs. Jason)

Child's Play: Chuckie Gets Divorced & Put On Child Support

Barbie 2 (There's already transformers and g.i. joe, it's just a matter of time before they make a barbie movie for the ladies).

:lol: it's like you're daring them to do these films.

Don't want to see another "Pirates of the Carribean".

Taksraven

Sorry Tak another is on the way. But there may be a silver lining, there are rumors that Russell Brand aka Aldus Snow in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, may be playing Jack's brother. I would actually like to see that.

Sorry Tak another is on the way. But there may be a silver lining, there are rumors that Russell Brand aka Aldus Snow in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, may be playing Jack's brother. I would actually like to see that.

Yeah, I know that there is supposed to be another on the way but maybe if we talk about it enough here it will go the same way as the Akira adaptation?

I dunno where they were thinking about going with it, but there was barely enough story to cover the last two films. The only way that I would pay to go to see it if Russell Brand was in it would be if they not only had his character being killed horribly, but the actor dying as well. THAT, I would be happy to see......

Taksraven

Just looking at reports that FOX wants to make a sequel to Donnie Darko. That is bad enough, but I was horrified to discover that they made a cheap straight-to-dvd sequel just recently. Horrible!

Taksraven

Hey if they can make Beverly Hill Cop 4 right, and nothing like 3 I will be happy. We need a classic adult Eddie Murphy film. We haven't had one since Life and Metro which was close to 10 years ago.

Hey if they can make Beverly Hill Cop 4 right, and nothing like 3 I will be happy. We need a classic adult Eddie Murphy film. We haven't had one since Life and Metro which was close to 10 years ago.

I'm sorry, but Metro sucked. There hasn't been a good Eddie Murphy movie outside Shrek since Coming to America.

I forgot to mention this:

Any sequel to a Mike Myers movie, except the Shrek series. Austin Powers jumped the shark before Goldmember was released. Wayne's World might work, might not work after the second film. And somebody shoot him if he decided to make a sequel to The Love Guru.

I'm sorry, but Metro sucked. There hasn't been a good Eddie Murphy movie outside Shrek since Coming to America.

I know Metro sucked, I never said it was good, I was just stating that that was the last adult orientated Eddie Murphy flim. Life was good, and there were a few others but I will agree nothing will ever top Coming To America.

• 2 weeks later...