Sequels that we DON'T want to see!!

Wasn't sure if this should go here, or in the Remake Madness thread; but I hope and pray that a remake of Bullitt never makes it to the silver screen. I just youtube'd the big chase scene from that the other night and--flawed as it may be--I really don't think it could be improved upon, save for one wish: that it were somehow possible to go back and re-master all the sound effects with more accuracy and higher quality.

Honestly, I am a bit surprised that no one's tried it already, what with new versions of the Mustang and now Charger/Challenger to pimp across movie screens across America. <_<

AFAIK, the rest of the movie itself is pretty much a snooze-fest. And really--who could conceivably take on McQueen's role and pull it off? George Clooney? maybe?

Interestingly: when they filmed that chase, one of the reasons the Charger is riding on the pizza-cutter tires with spontaneously-regenerating-hubcaps is because they had to "handicap" it somehow--it was equipped with a big-block [440? 426? anyone know which?], and it was leaving the Mustang and its boat-anchor 390 in its dust.

Transformers

Star Wars

Need for Speed

Those annoying saw movies never seen one and dont plan to yet

Firday the 13th

Matrix if they ever plan on doing

X-men

Superman

Batman

Spiderman

All of these movies that had great 1st run movies

But if they continue with the retards at the helm they ruin the memory of the first ones

If they get a better director and and the robots dont look like garbage crazy glues together

Star Wars. Should have left the 70s originals alone. GL cant direct. Thats why ESB was so good becuse he didnt write it!!!

Need for Speed come on. The first one was good the others were just tooo much. Losers in fast cars wow what a hard concept to write about

Saw need i say more!

Friday 13th. Okey Jason cant die. Send the freak to outer space he can terrorize the next galaxy

Matrix. the sequals were pretty bad. At least the last one. If they ever go back Please dont

X-men Bring Brayn Singer back or dont make them or any other related x franchise . Wolverine was so bad it made my eyes, nose, ears and ass bleed

Superman. Too gay. Sorry gay folks if you are here but i dont like seeing a strong man act like a wimp. I want to see a super powered spartan minus the gay jumpsuit where you can tell what religion he is. It would be better if he has live armor

Batman. I always hated batman for one reason. HE was no robin hood. Spoiled rich kid. The first Batman bad guy that Liam played made me associate myself with him and then the joker also had a point. Fu ck batman Wolverine wasnt spoiled and lived by Natures wit.

Spiderman. Never liked the wimp in a jumpsuit. The first was good as always all other sequals sucked ass. The last one i was hoping would bring some justice to the anti-hero/hero venom but as usual blah !

Sequals suck ass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15473/har...fourth-mad-max-

A Mad Max film WITHOUT Mel Gibson. What a great idea!!

(John Cleese often tells the tale about how some yanks were going to do their own version of Fawlty Towers but they had written Basil out.)

Taksraven

(John Cleese often tells the tale about how some yanks were going to do their own version of Fawlty Towers but they had written Basil out.)

Taksraven

That's better than Mel being in it, since he's like 80. Guess we could hook that big ass V8 from Road Warrior to his wheelchair.

How the hell would Faulty Towers work without Basil? That's lame...

Taksraven

That's a sequel I definitely DON'T want to see. Really, where else can they go with the story? Max finally finds his way to Sydney, thanks to the beckoning lights left by the lost children? Then what? He becomes a "cop" again, patrolling the desolate streets of the city? <_<

I will pitch this awesome idea for a movie I had from a dream last night

/(cough) ok...

(sounds of gunfire set across a desolate city ravaged by war, a lone soldier runs for cover)

2XXX AD

.... In a distant battlefield in the middle east.

.... In a world ravaged by war and global warming

.... the people called out for a hero.

(the soldier thinks he's hallucinating, a strange animal like figure emerges from beyond the horizon in front of the setting sun)

In 2010, GET READY FOR VENGEANCE!

BAMBI V: INSURRECTION

(F-22's fly overhead leaving a smoke trail of red, white, and blue)

Freedom isn't free....

In IMAX Where available.

That's a sequel I definitely DON'T want to see. Really, where else can they go with the story? Max finally finds his way to Sydney, thanks to the beckoning lights left by the lost children? Then what? He becomes a "cop" again, patrolling the desolate streets of the city? <_<

Bloody great idea!!! :lol:

I for one would love to see the actresses of Charlie's Angels get Gonorrhea before a new one gets made

..no, really

Independence Day and Godzilla; Wikipedia says there are talks of a sequel for ID4 and a reboot of the irradiated reptile...

...and somewhere in the deep, hidden, corner pocket of my heart, Left 4 Dead.

Yes, the Independence Day 2 is in the works. The script is done.

Godzilla 2, no. At least, NOT a sequel to the Devlin/Emmerich POS.

"Robot Jox". God, the only good part of that movie is when the main character flipped off his rival during the press conference.

We also don't need another freakng "Scary Movie", the horror horse is dead, guys.

Another "Airplane" would be a toss-up, since it had star power, and the second one was rather good (especially Chuck Conner's(?) character, blowing up that fuel dump like that).

I think calling it Independence Day II sounds kind of stupid, what's the tag-line going to be ID4-2?

Why not call it Labor Day, New Years Day, or Thanksgiving... I think that will be better.

ID-4, Dos.

But only if they replace Will Smiff with Chuck Norris.

Another "Airplane" would be a toss-up, since it had star power, and the second one was rather good (especially Chuck Conner's(?) character, blowing up that fuel dump like that).

The Airplane movies are friggin classics. Still funny, even today. Just saw the first one it on TV recently; the "Rocky XXXVIII" poster in the gift shop scene cracked me up.

Bit of a tragic reflection on our society as a whole though; i.e. what was considered outrageous or absurd 20+ years ago is pretty tame by today's standards.

Edited by reddsun1

The Airplane movies are friggin classics. Still funny, even today. Just saw the first one it on TV recently; the "Rocky XXXVIII" poster in the gift shop scene cracked me up.

Bit of a tragic reflection on our society as a whole though; i.e. what was considered outrageous or absurd 20+ years ago is pretty tame by today's standards.

The gift shop scene is from the second movie (the late Sonny Bono was brilliant in that scene); the bare ta-tas during the metal detector scene of the second movie is rather tame, and funny.

Back on topic,I certainly do not want to see another freaking Alien movie, unless Cameron is back in the director's chair. Alien 3 was atrocious, and Ressurection, in the words of Bart Simpson, "...both sucks and blows."

Back on topic,I certainly do not want to see another freaking Alien movie, unless Cameron is back in the director's chair. Alien 3 was atrocious, and Ressurection, in the words of Bart Simpson, "...both sucks and blows."

Well Ridley's involved with (and will possibly direct) a prequel. Would that change your mind?

The gift shop scene is from the second movie (the late Sonny Bono was brilliant in that scene); the bare ta-tas during the metal detector scene of the second movie is rather tame, and funny.

Here in Australia, Airplane was called "Flying High", so its always weird when I hear it called its proper title. Its strange, but a lot of the jokes by themselves are either cringeworthy or make you groan but they are presented in such a way that they are really funny. I think a lot of the humor was based on old vaudville stuff as well, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Man, "Aliens" Jim Cameron is loooong gone. He has clearly lost whatever he had that helped him make good films. (Maybe he lost his balls?)

Films in the case against Jim Cameron that prove that he now loves soppy and sentimental crap.

1. Titanic (easy choice, I know)

2. The Abyss (There were a few flashes of brilliance, but not enough to sustain such a WET *pardon the pun* film)

AND NUMBER THREE.......(this one is going to get me into trouble for killing the sacred cow)

TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY!!!!! Sure there was some good stuff in T2, but I think that generally it is very overrated and was not the sort of ballsy filmmaking that the first one was. The suckiness ran from where John told Arnie that he couldn't kill people right though to where Arnie gave the thumbs up as he was trashed. What a sucky piece of filmmaking.

Taksraven

Here in Australia, Airplane was called "Flying High", so its always weird when I hear it called its proper title. Its strange, but a lot of the jokes by themselves are either cringeworthy or make you groan but they are presented in such a way that they are really funny. I think a lot of the humor was based on old vaudville stuff as well, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Well that's what's great about it...the jokes are SO corny, but they keep coming so thick and fast that it doesn't really matter if a few miss their mark.

Man, "Aliens" Jim Cameron is loooong gone. He has clearly lost whatever he had that helped him make good films. (Maybe he lost his balls?)

Films in the case against Jim Cameron that prove that he now loves soppy and sentimental crap.

1. Titanic (easy choice, I know)

2. The Abyss (There were a few flashes of brilliance, but not enough to sustain such a WET *pardon the pun* film)

AND NUMBER THREE.......(this one is going to get me into trouble for killing the sacred cow)

TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY!!!!! Sure there was some good stuff in T2, but I think that generally it is very overrated and was not the sort of ballsy filmmaking that the first one was. The suckiness ran from where John told Arnie that he couldn't kill people right though to where Arnie gave the thumbs up as he was trashed. What a sucky piece of filmmaking.

Taksraven

I pretty much agree (and T2 was WAAAAY more sentimental than the first one; plus, Arnie was a big star by that time, and probably wouldn't play a villain anymore). But you forgot to mention his first film, the immortal Piranha 2, which was more dreadful and tiresome than almost anything he's done more recently.

So yeah. Aliens and Terminator. That's pretty much it.

"Hercules in New York" was The Govonator's first film, one that doesn't deserve a sequel, I might add (I personaly haven't seen that flick, but I've seen some scenes of it in his biography that make me cringe). He was so green and his English was so bad, they had to hire an actor to dub his freaking lines.

I think Tremors 5 will be in production soon. I love the original movie, but all the sequels were disappointing. :huh:

What sequels? There are no sequels. You must've just dreamed them. Stop talking crazy talk, you crazy talker!

(Yes, I deal with the Tremors "franchise" the same way I deal with anything past the first two Alien or Terminator movies... ^_^ )

You know what would be really interesting?

If instead of sequals, we got remakes of sequals.

Example:

Ghosbusters 2 2

Rocky II II

You know - take the exact same story, same situations - just change the actors and make it more modern, add som FX etc...

A remake of sequal is something that hasn't been done.

It could be more terrible than anything anyone has managed to do up to this point.

Pete

You know what would be really interesting?

If instead of sequals, we got remakes of sequals.

Example:

Ghosbusters 2 2

Rocky II II

You know - take the exact same story, same situations - just change the actors and make it more modern, add som FX etc...

A remake of sequal is something that hasn't been done.

It could be more terrible than anything anyone has managed to do up to this point.

Pete

Don't we already have that occasionally? The Fly II, Halloween II...it's already happened.

But wasn't The Fly II just a remake of the Fly? Or Halloween II just a remake of Halloween?

In any event -my idea is a remake of a sequal... Like take Godfather II and make Godfather II 2

I know it's stupid. But that's kind of the point :)

pete

But wasn't The Fly II just a remake of the Fly? Or Halloween II just a remake of Halloween?

In any event -my idea is a remake of a sequal... Like take Godfather II and make Godfather II 2

I know it's stupid. But that's kind of the point :)

pete

The Fly (1980s) was a remake of The Fly (1950s). Then The Fly II (late '80s) was a remake of Son of the Fly (50's).

Likewise, Rob Zombie's Halloween was a remake of John Carpenter's Halloween. And then Rob Zombie made Halloween II this year as a loose remake of 1980's Halloween II.