Sequels that we DON'T want to see!!

I know Metro sucked, I never said it was good, I was just stating that that was the last adult orientated Eddie Murphy flim. Life was good, and there were a few others but I will agree nothing will ever top Coming To America.

What? Boomerang was good too...

Maaaaaaaarrrrr-cus, darling. :lol:

the sequel to 300 is based on all new material that frank miller is actually working on right now.

I understand that this new material is about milking cows???

Taksraven

• 2 weeks later...

No more Pirate of the Caribbean movies. i have yet to watch the others.

Highlander: Just let it die Adrian Paul sucks as an actor he always has a Scottish accent no matter the role. that and his stage combat is garbage.

No more wolverine movies unless they do them by the books!!!

Star wars ! But if he does something other than prequels and does a story about what happens after the rebels win or luke reestablishing the jedi temple then maybe i 'll watch. But no Kotor!! I hated the games.

Dragon Ball Evolution 2?! Wasn't it a huge bomb here in North America? I guess this one will be a...spirit bomb. :p

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ^_^

Yea. he'll take 2hrs 30 min to gather the energy then miss.

movie 3 he goes super sayian all b/c his shirt got ripped.

Macross 7 - anything

I second. unless it gets good writing.

[in the creepy title screen voice] Resident Evil 4...

...Afterlife? :blink:

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

They're going to screw up Wesker!!! This Link and link show that the movies can't handle or contain his awesomeness.

Main Force Patrol: The Charlie and Roop Chronicles

Hollywood's propensity for shameless milking and merchandising of properties with useless garbage spin-offs makes me shudder at the thought.

I mean I like the franchise and all, but they REALLY need to let the Mad Max trilogy remain just that. All the talk of a MM4 is pretty annoying, just beating a dead horse. Love it or hate it, Beyond Thunderdome gave us a small measure of closure to the story of Max Rockatansky; MM1: "man forsakes his humanity, becomes 'monster' for revenge"; MM2: "man regains his humanity, becomes a hero", MM3: "hero becomes legend."

Edited by reddsun1

Gawds let these terrible films fade away or never see the light of day, again. Craptacular for tweens. Our brain cells are collectively dying when we watch trash like this. :unsure:

Twilight

Gi Joe

Transformers

Donnie Darko

Rambo

Crank

Saw

Grudge

Star Wars

Transporter

Butterfly Effect

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

Tentative dates set for the filming of Pirates of the Carribean 4. No thank you....

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/14719/fou...ing-next-april-

And we don't need a Wall Street follow-up either....

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/14714/bar...s-street-sequel

Taksraven

That movie was a parody of pirate movies of the time period. It was supposed to be crap.

I think that it was actually an ill-fated version of The Pirates of Penzance. But it is definitely evidence that we DONT always need more pirates.

Taksraven

• 4 weeks later...

OK, this is a book, not a film. But I am sure that most people did not want another Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, especially since it could not be written by Douglas Adams. But its happened....

http://www.keepingthedoor.com/2009/08/21/n...not-very-funny/

Taksraven

OK, this is a book, not a film. But I am sure that most people did not want another Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, especially since it could not be written by Douglas Adams. But its happened....

http://www.keepingthedoor.com/2009/08/21/n...not-very-funny/

Taksraven

Yeah, that's entirely unnecessary.

I understand "sequels by other hands" if we're talking about movies and TV shows. Usually, there are so many people involved that there really is no single "vision" stamped onto the work (or course, there are always exceptions. Star Wars really DOES belong to George Lucas, for better or for worse. Star Trek is and always will be Gene Roddenberry's utopia, not anyone else's. And The Sopranos without David Chase would be entirely unthinkable).

Books are different, though. A single writer, fleshing out a unique fictional world (or worlds)...that cannot be continued, replicated, or recaptured (sometimes not even by the original author).

Much as the entertainment industry wants to pretend that creativity by committee is best, and that all creativity is equal, it's just not the case. There ARE unique, individual, uncanny voices that come along from time to time, and they are irreplaceable.

"The Sum of All Fears"

Paramount should not be allowed to have access to anymore of Clancy's works (I gave the details why in a locked thread).

Hell, the bastards over there skipped The Cardinal of the Kremlin, the work where John Clark made his first appearance (I do like Willem Defoe in that role, but when I first read Cardinal I imagined him looking something like Marvel's Cable, a bulked up silver-haired-fox), which I have no idea why.

Another movie: Daredevil II; Ben Affleck is a son of a bitch who can't act to save his freaking life.

Tom Clancy fails. His jingoistic us vs them "Ameeericcccaaaa f***k Yea!" crap should have ended with the Cold War. Though I find a few of the "Tom Clancy" games mildly entertaining but last I heard the rights to using his name have officially been 100% sold to Ubisoft.

TOP GUN 2. "The magical adventures of Maverick & Iceman". B))

LOL, I can sum that one up:

"Goose is gone, Mav! It's been 25 years!"

"I know Ice, I know!"

"Is he why you won't look at me when we make love?!"

"Awww Ice, don't cry, come here..."

"I'm not Iceman anymore Maverick, I was, but you melted my heart"

"I know Ice, I know!"

I couldn't have said that better!! LOL!! B))

"I know Ice, I know!"

Now that post was Reno 911 offensive.

• 1 month later...

Ugh. Two was enough.

Interesting that although they talk about bringing back Wes Craven (who CAN be a really great director when he wants to be) and Neve Campbell, there's no mention of Kevin Williamson. Although he's lost whatever luster he once had, the first two Scream movies were, I believe, films where the real star was the writing. Scream 3 suffered horribly without him.