Love Triangle End  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Archie end up with?

• Betty
    • Veronica
    • Ménage à trois
    • Other (List on Your Post)
    • Armageddon

I thought this little tidbit was funny and is probably going to be BS. One of the longest running love triangle stories of all time is supposedly coming to an end very soon.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30846812/?gt1=43001

A lot of people criticize Alto and Mylene for not picking anyone in their love triangles, but they're amateurs compared to Archie. He's kept it going for almost 70 fracking years. Guess the writers finally had enough of doing this crap. But if worse comes to worse, it could end up being another troll moment for the comic book.

Edited by Einherjar

:) Good one :)

I remember this comic - I even still have one issue of Archie lying around. Silly of me - I never really considered it a love triangle - but maybe that's because in the stories I read, Veronica is always either mad at Archie or condescending or something - and he's not exactly fawning over her. I never liked either of the girls though - mainly because they were cardboard cut outs. Jughead was the only character I liked...

Pete

There's only one way to solve this problem....

THREESOME!

I believe that the correct term is Ménage à trois. :p

Don't want to upset any puritans with vulgar language. :lol: :lol:

Taksraven

There's only one way to solve this problem....

THREESOME!

My turn to be vulgar now. Who is the new avatar and where can I get more? Very cute.

Taksraven

I believe that the correct term is Ménage à trois. :p

Don't want to upset any puritans with vulgar language. :lol: :lol:

Taksraven

And if we add Reggie into the mix, what's it called? :unsure::huh::blink::wacko::lol:

Wow, seriously, are they going to resolve this triangle after all these years? I mean, yeah, I read those hand-me-down-from-my-uncle Archie comics.

70 years. phew. That's gonna be a record, definitely beats "Days of our Lives" by about a few decades. :lol:

Hope it's Betty. I hate Veronica, even if she's rich. Let Reggie have her.

Does it mean that they would have to remove their incontinence pads so they could finally get it on?

Taksraven

(I would like to enter this post into the "Most Vulgar Post of the Year" competition that we should be running .)

Edited by taksraven

We should add a poll to this to see who are people here supporting.

I'd go for Veronica. She may be a b**** at times but her heart's in the right place.

Betty's too dim witted. :lol:

At 30 years of age, I hardly consider myself to be young anymore, and the only Archie comics I read were hand-me-downs from my dad. This poll needs a "Does anyone even care anymore?" choice.

At 30 years of age, I hardly consider myself to be young anymore, and the only Archie comics I read were hand-me-downs from my dad. This poll needs a "Does anyone even care anymore?" choice.

That's why the Armageddon choice is there. :lol:

But seriously, I can't see much of a difference between Betty and Veronica to choose between them besides their money. Also, do you really want to see a guy like this getting married?

“Jughead thinks I should flip a coin to finally choose between Betty and Veronica. Do you think this is a good idea? –Arch.”

Role model he ain't.

And if we add Reggie into the mix, what's it called? :unsure::huh::blink::wacko::lol:

Wow, seriously, are they going to resolve this triangle after all these years? I mean, yeah, I read those hand-me-down-from-my-uncle Archie comics.

70 years. phew. That's gonna be a record, definitely beats "Days of our Lives" by about a few decades. :lol:

A swordfight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Anyone ever see that John Ritter movie "skin deep" with the glow in the dark condom scene? Ah, what a moment of cinematic perfection.

I hope he chooses Veronica

Speaking as someone who has read a lot of Archies, from old ones (70s, I believe) to the early 2000s, I don't care. It doesn't matter whether you read 1 or 1,000 Archie comics. There is no overall plot. The characters can be smart, dumb, kind, selfish or whatever depending on the story. Every story is standalone and is too short. There's no depth at all. And the stories are reused over the years.

I would like the Archies better if there's a definite timeline / overall plot to let the characters grow. The series can be rebooted every few years, like Transformers. :)

Do people read Archie?

I didn't think so, but let me check.

Speaking as someone who has read a lot of Archies, from old ones (70s, I believe) to the early 2000s

Amazingly enough, it seems that there are some.

After 70 years he will assuredly choose sweet sweet death.

Alas, I don't think we're going to get that lucky.

Although Zombie Archie is a comic book I'd consider reading...

Speaking as someone who has read a lot of Archies, from old ones (70s, I believe) to the early 2000s, I don't care. It doesn't matter whether you read 1 or 1,000 Archie comics. There is no overall plot. The characters can be smart, dumb, kind, selfish or whatever depending on the story. Every story is standalone and is too short. There's no depth at all. And the stories are reused over the years.

I would like the Archies better if there's a definite timeline / overall plot to let the characters grow. The series can be rebooted every few years, like Transformers. :)

I don't think the '70s are that old in Archie terms. If you talk about "old Archie comics," I'm thinking fifties.

And I think you're being too harsh on what is essentially a children's comic. It's for children who want to be teens, and really not for anyone else.

That said, I agree with you about the characters aging. I always thought Doonesbury was pretty cool because the characters actually got older, got married, and had kids who are now growing up.

I don't think the '70s are that old in Archie terms. If you talk about "old Archie comics," I'm thinking fifties.

And I think you're being too harsh on what is essentially a children's comic. It's for children who want to be teens, and really not for anyone else.

That said, I agree with you about the characters aging. I always thought Doonesbury was pretty cool because the characters actually got older, got married, and had kids who are now growing up.

Yup. Archie comics is Camp Rock/Musical High School for the pre-MTV age.

And yeah, I read quite a number of them during my elementary school days. Why? To improve my English. :lol:

No, what will happen is this. Archie will marry veronica, for the money, then get Reggie to sleep with her, drunken or ruffied, whatever. She will get knocked up in the process and when Archie "finds out" he will be "devestated" and file for a divorce, taking half her money. Then, once the divorce is settled he and Betty will run off to some tropical island to get married, leaving Veronica with Reggie's baby and Reggie.

If this isn't a stunt to increase sales, I wonder how the comic will be from now on? The slapstick could still be there, but wasn't the love triangle one of the important parts of the comic?

Hopefully, they don't pull a Quesada if it doesn't work out. :lol:

If this isn't a stunt to increase sales, I wonder how the comic will be from now on? The slapstick could still be there, but wasn't the love triangle one of the important parts of the comic?

Hopefully, they don't pull a Quesada if it doesn't work out. :lol:

As I said here:

Or this could all be an elaborate story just to mind-frak all of you.

• 3 months later...