Honestly, I'd willing give MS exclusivity with Rising if it meant a Snake (Solid/Bis Boss) game on the PS3.

I am going to assume for now that the real truth is Rising is multi-platform with the Big Boss game only on the PSP.

I would have liked either Olga or Sunny as a cyborg ninja more, actually. Even after MGS4 I still don't like Raiden.

Well, we still have yet to find out what is going on with Big Boss. I am still hoping we'll see a proper Snake game on the PS3.

i highly doubt that the big MGS announcement/teaser site has anything to do with the 360. I think RISING is an entirely different announcement.

didnt some japanese gaming mag report a while ago that the 360 isnt all that popular in Japan? Why would kojima gear the new metal gear game towards the japanese fanbase on a system that most japanese gamers dont even have?

i dont buy it. Im convinced that there is a Ps3 announcement coming soon and that when the countdown is over in an hour we will see that its not Rising that they have been counting down to.

i highly doubt that the big MGS announcement/teaser site has anything to do with the 360. I think RISING is an entirely different announcement.

didnt some japanese gaming mag report a while ago that the 360 isnt all that popular in Japan? Why would kojima gear the new metal gear game towards the japanese fanbase on a system that most japanese gamers dont even have?

i dont buy it. Im convinced that there is a Ps3 announcement coming soon and that when the countdown is over in an hour we will see that its not Rising that they have been counting down to.

I heard on the radio that the xbox 360 is more popular than the PS3 in japan, but not as popular as the PS2 :lol:

Edited by kung flu

Rising was confirmed in the Microsoft E3 conference this morning

I heard on the radio that the xbox 360 is more popular than the PS3 in japan, but not as popular as the PS2 :lol:

Not true, though the PS2 will still on occasion outsell them both on a month by month basis.

In the interview, if you recall, Kojima's fear was the game would be far more well received in Japan than in the US. Very strange...

The site is pretty empty right now, Just a page on the mask game, and an image of "raiden?) for Rising. Another thought, even if it does turn out to be exclusive, that may just be in the US, there's always hope for importing.

The site is pretty empty right now, Just a page on the mask game, and an image of "raiden?) for Rising. Another thought, even if it does turn out to be exclusive, that may just be in the US, there's always hope for importing.

Well, Microsoft lists it as non-exclusive, so I dunno. May be a timed released sort of deal.

Well, Microsoft lists it as non-exclusive, so I dunno. May be a timed released sort of deal.

I doubt it, only because I am certain they would have even played that up during the conference.

Edited by Letigre

"You know, we didn't say that it was exclusive," clarified Xbox executive and corporate VP John Schappert (he was the guy hosting most of the event) during an interview with me immediately following the press conference.

"We said that the next Metal Gear will be coming [to Xbox 360]," he said.

"I couldn't be more excited about him [Kojima] working on that [Metal Gear Solid Rising] and having that be part of our show," said Schappert. "When I heard about that, I was pretty ecstatic and it was an honor to be able to be on stage with him and announcing his next Metal Gear, which will be on Xbox 360."

New Metal Gear PSP Named?

Konami might have let it slip.

by Greg Miller

June 1, 2009 - Over the weekend, Qore inadvertently let it slip that the PSP Go was real and coming out this fall and that a new Metal Gear was coming to Sony's portable platform. Today, it looks like that game might have gotten a name -- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Over on Games Press, a site for industry professionals that gathers press releases and gaming assets, the list of games that Konami Digital Entertainment is showing at E3 now promotes Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for the PSP with a release date of 2010.

post-1088-1243905121_thumb.jpg

As if that news wasn't exciting enough, the posting also states that Metal Gear Solid: Rising -- which was announced at Microsoft's E3 press conference this morning -- is coming to the PlayStation 3 and PC as well as the Xbox 360. Hopefully, Sony's E3 press conference tomorrow morning will shed some light on this whole situation.

Remember, you can watch the Sony conference as it happens tomorrow in HD-quality right here on IGN.