I think in this one Solid Snake goes back in time, gets some girl pregnant, and becomes Big Boss' father.. TIIIIME PAAARADDOOOOX !11!

Now... when I say this, I'm actually serious, and it'd be surprised if they have not at least considered something as ridiculous at time travel. Altering the original MGS timeline would give them the chance to reboot the MGS series like every other retard in the entertainment industry is doing. Does it need a reboot? No, but the chance to redo things bigger and better seems like a lucrative things nowadays.

Could it be two games instead? One based on Raiden and another on Big Boss. The big boss image really reminds me of the old metal gear games where he was the villian. So i'm still hoping it'll be a remake of the old games. It would be good to be Solid Snake agian, instead of "old" or "naked" snake. Perhaps we get to fight big boss in this new game/s.

Edited by kung flu

Could it be two games instead? One based on Raiden and another on Big Boss. The big boss image really reminds me of the old metal gear games where he was the villian.

I thought he'd look more like Sean Connery during those games...

I mean, he could be announcing 2 MGS games at E3, but I doubt it. Oh well.

Here's the thing though; there is no way they are going to be able to get those kinds of graphics out of the PSP, and if they aren't going to be using HD, HQ models like that then they have no reason to exist; Shinkawa would have just done illustrations, or they would have used PSP level graphics.

Plus, I'm pretty sure it was already revealed that Kojima was announcing a PSP/PS3 game(s). I'm of the idea that there will be two games, that may even tie into each other directly.

I initially heard that there were going to be 2 games, one for the PS3, one for the PSP, with Resistence style of interactivity between them.

That was a fan-propagated rumor (one site actually had that up, then pulled it) about what was supposedly said in the Famitsu story. When the actual translations started coming out, this story disappeared.

Is it possible? Sure, we just don't have any evidence for it right now. Won't really no for sure until either this countdown nonsense is over or someone announces something.

Playstation Insider says:

Back when the Famitsu scans first leaked, we reported that they mentioned a PSP and PS3 version of Metal Gear that would feature interconnectivity between the two allowing you to further the storyline by playing both versions. We since removed that from our translation after several of our Japanese speaking friends notified us that the scans said nothing about it. Well now it seems as if those rumors are starting to show their faces again, with Kojima said to be working on 3 projects. Two of which are said to be the PSP + PS3 Metal Gear, the other is rumored to be Lord of Shadows. We will be bringing you the latest information on all 3 of these rumored titles as it becomes available. Our team will be at E3 meeting with Konami, so stay tuned for the latest details.

Grain of salt.

Playstation Insider says:

Back when the Famitsu scans first leaked, we reported that they mentioned a PSP and PS3 version of Metal Gear that would feature interconnectivity between the two allowing you to further the storyline by playing both versions. We since removed that from our translation after several of our Japanese speaking friends notified us that the scans said nothing about it. Well now it seems as if those rumors are starting to show their faces again, with Kojima said to be working on 3 projects. Two of which are said to be the PSP + PS3 Metal Gear, the other is rumored to be Lord of Shadows. We will be bringing you the latest information on all 3 of these rumored titles as it becomes available. Our team will be at E3 meeting with Konami, so stay tuned for the latest details.

Grain of salt.

Konami E3 press conference is on Wednesday, we will soon enough.

I am not sure how that makes much sense. The game came out only a year ago. I mean, a redone MGS4 with a not so old Solid Snake (now missing an eye) and Gray Fox instead of Raiden?

Oops, was still intending on what my initial post said on the previous day.

It could very well be two games in announcement. MGS4 redone with extras and etc like it happened to the previous installments. (Maybe this version following through the story as Raiden?) and obviously then MGS5. This could also explain the Raiden the Big Boss clone images?

:p

And it looks like it could be two games. And thinking back the remade MGS3 was announced about a year after the original's release. So it could be the revamped MGS4 but playing through Raiden's story?

As for that being Gray Fox in the suit, I'm feeling it could be an artist's new interpretation of Raiden. Remember the changes old snake went through before MGS4 release?

That's a specific type of cyborg ninja design, one that as of yet seems original to Petrovich Modnar's work. Therefore it's not Gray Fox. There would also be no reason to re-design Raiden so dramatically for a re-release of the game, so I think it's pretty safe to say it's not him. Maybe a mass produced Raiden type?

Hmm, now the teaser is has a sunny day with a B or an 8 flashing...wtf! :)

When it's Sunny's birthday she will receive her very own Raiden body parts, but eight pieces will be missing, and thus begins her MGS5 to find them.

LOL, yeah, I know it's lame... but got bored here at work. :p

Did I not say it was Sunny a week ago? :)

Yip you did. B))

And honestly I really want to play with a female character in MGS5. :)

We've had just about every incarnation of a male to be played with. Old Snake, Boss Snake, Naked Snake, Young Snake, Version 1 Snake, Version 2 Snake, Dying Snake, Emo Raiden, Raikov special... Ok, minus infant Snake and 9 year old brat Snake, but yeah time to bring on a hot babe in a tight rubber suit to slither her bod around those corners. LOL :lol:

Hopefully which ever it is, MGS4 remade or MGS5, they will give us a definitive answer to what has really become of solid snake. Or of coughing old Snake. :p

Edited by Omegablue

Hopefully which ever it is, MGS4 remade or MGS5, they will give us a definitive answer to what has really become of solid snake. Or of coughing old Snake. :p

I still don't understand why they would even remake MGS4, considering it only came out a year ago. I can understand if they remade older games to update the graphics and gameplay. Unless they're going to release a MGS4 special edition like MGS2 substance and MGS3 subsistance.

I'm gonna rage if it's exclusive. It better (and hopefully) be multiplatform.

It wasn't announced as such, and the story broke in Famitsu's Playstation mag.

Honestly, I have lost alot of the excitement I had for this game. I don't want a hack and slash MGS game.

Can we get a mod to rename this thread Metal Gear Solid: Rising?