brand new 117hr countdown on the site with what appears to be Big Boss flashing in what is now a downpour

also they've got the letter R flashing behind the countdown.

there are a few things flashing behind the countdown but i cant quite put this one together yet.

http://kotaku.com/5270922/first-big-boss-a...ne=true&s=i

The cat is out. It seems 'Big Boss' is the man for next chapter (No more Solid snake). I just wonder how Raiden would fit into the story, since the Big Boss looks pretty 'young'. The story seems to happen between MGS3 and per-MGS1.

Could another 'Raiden looks alike' character be Gray Fox? Or the MG5 main story would cover over 30 years time period?

http://kotaku.com/5270922/first-big-boss-a...ne=true&s=i

The cat is out. It seems 'Big Boss' is the man for next chapter (No more Solid snake). I just wonder how Raiden would fit into the story, since the Big Boss looks pretty 'young'. The story seems to happen between MGS3 and per-MGS1.

Could another 'Raiden looks alike' character be Gray Fox? Or the MG5 main story would cover over 30 years time period?

I'm thinking that the story will connect events that happen before the first MSG but after MSG3, and events between MSG2 and MSG4. you'll probably play half the game as big boss and half the game as cyber-ninja raiden.

I'm thinking that the story will connect events that happen before the first MSG but after MSG3, and events between MSG2 and MSG4. you'll probably play half the game as big boss and half the game as cyber-ninja raiden.

Raiden never had the eyepatch though....might be Null aka Grayfox.

BIG BOSS!!! WOOT!

post-1088-1243395669_thumb.jpg

Kojima teaser site updates with ... Big Boss [update]

Another countdown has come to an end on Kojima Productions' now-infamous teaser site, and, in among flashes of lightning, the unmistakable face of Big Boss appears on-screen. He looks older than he did in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and is wearing a beret bearing a patch which reads "Militares Sans Frontieres" (Military Without Borders).

In Metal Gear canon, Big Boss was part of Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol (LRRP) in Vietnam during 1969 -- five years after the events of Snake Eater and one year before Portable Ops takes place. Will we once again be donning the Greatest Soldier's boots, this time on a sneaking mission in/during 'Nam? The new countdown ends just as E3 begins. Our anticipation? It's endless.

Update: A number of commenters (thanks, guys!) have pointed our attention to a Famitsu scan which shows, among other titillating images, a clear shot of Raiden, assumedly amidst the countdown page's thundering teasers. As techno-Raiden and Naked Snake can't really occupy the same period of time, we're beginning to think Kojima's "NEXT" big project is ... well, two projects. We'd love to hear your hypothesis after the jump (where we've posted a clip of said scan). The article's headline roughly reads: "[interviewer:] Can I possibly publish this all? Kojima: Only if you blank out certain key words."

post-1088-1243395689_thumb.jpg

Raiden never had the eyepatch though....might be Null aka Grayfox.

looking at the pic again, you're probably right. the suit looks a lot like the one Raiden was using, especially the x-ray chin thing. no idea whats up with that.

looking at the pic again, you're probably right. the suit looks a lot like the one Raiden was using, especially the x-ray chin thing. no idea whats up with that.

Nah i was just doing wild guess. Could be Raiden. About the lip thing yeah i did find it quite odd. I assumed that the fugly body he had was the ninja cyborg one and not the same one as the one at the epilogue of MGS 4.

And on the psinsider translation:

That is not Big Boss, that is actually his most recent clone. I'll give you a hint, he played a roll in MGS, MGS2, MGS4. The deceptive part is his age, over the last 7 years his aging has been rapid (Our translator guesses it could posibly be Akiba?).

As for Big Boss clone guessing game, instead of Akiba, could it be Otacon instead? :blink:

Playstation Insider

1. (The Big Boss image is posted above)

Interviewer: "Is that Big Boss?"

Kojima: It's a little different from XX

(or XXX's next form is a little different)

Interviewer: "Whaaaattt? Different???"

2. Kojima: I still can't tell you what the title is, but this is the real

deal. Put it this way, it's part of the orthodox "Metal Gear Saga"

(The text below was mostly blocked out, but it talked about what

timeframe the game is based in, and it appears that it's across all

time periods)

3. Kojima: I want the game's core to be aimed towards Japan, and released globally. XXX... It's being made by MGS4 staff

Interviewer: That's awesome!

4. Kojima: The symbol on the cap of the old man (he did not say Big Boss) will be important

Interviewer: This symbol is different from the fox, it looks like a world map

Kojima: No just the mark, but the system of the game will be new!

Note: Kojima uses "This old man" a lot through the interview rather than referring to Big Boss

5. Interviewer: It sounds interesting, but do you think people will understand it at all?

Kojima: I think people will understand

Well... Tried my best to translate it, but it's so hard with all the

blocked out text... bloody Kojima. That's all I can do for now, maybe

I'll give it another go later

Summary:

Interestingly the old man in the cap might not be Big Boss, the story will be part of the main MGS saga and it will go through different time periods. New game system, and it's being made by the staff from MGS4

Edited by Duke Togo

And yet another translation:

Famitsu: Is the generation XXX?

Kojima: No, it's XXX. If I were to say it all, perhaps XXXXX. I'm currently doing the game design and direction.

Famitsu: Really!

Kojima: I believe Japan will be the focus, but it will be sold

throughout the world. Within me, this is XXXX. I won't say it's X, but

I am making a proper story, and it is being made by the MGS4 staff.

Famitsu: Really! That's amazing.

Elsewhere, the interview touches a bit upon the content of the game:

Kojima: The mark on the old man's hat is very important

Famitsu: This mark is different from a fox. It's like a world map.

Kojima: Not just the mark, but the game systems are also new.

Famitsu: Is it XX-XXXXXXXXXX?

Kojima: Yes. We'll be doing stuff that one would expect of

XXXXXXX. XXXX and so-forth are obvious, so those will be included.

Uh-oh... I said stuff that was unplanned (laughs)

Famitsu also asked Kojima about the setting. "The setting is

XXXXXXX," responded Kojima. Apparently, something called "XXXXXXXXX"

happened in this location, leaving it as a "XXXXX" country.

Ok, yeah, so, doing some double checking, Raiden has blue eyes. This dude in Famitsu most certainly does not have blue eyes.

I'm really lol-ing at the prospect of Snake's stress meter being changed to a continence meter. :lol:

Hint: Both have blue eyes.

akiba.jpg= newboss.png?

Edited by wolfx

I'm really lol-ing at the prospect of Snake's stress meter being changed to a continence meter. :lol:

Hint: Both have blue eyes.

I can see the resemblence, can anyone figure out what the patch on his hat says? I can tell it's a skull meant to look like countries.

I think it's Raiden in the pic, maybe his eye color was somehow altered by the cyber ninja hardware. Also, is this coming like sooner, or are we going to have to wait for a PS4? I know 2 and 3 hit the same generation, but it just seems there are LONG waits between these games (I don't count the itouch game or PSP card game thing).

I can see the resemblence, can anyone figure out what the patch on his hat says? I can tell it's a skull meant to look like countries.

Something SANS FRONTIERES

and after a bit of googling.

"Milatares Sans Frontieres"

French for "Military without borders" I guess...

Edited by shiroikaze

from another forum:

Its the emblem of Outer Haven with the words "MILITAIRES SANS FRONTIERS" etched into the top.

Militaires Sans Frontiers is a French name and if translated to English, means:

Millitaries Without Frontiers

I definately don't think it's Gray Fox, Null never looked like that, and his model of Cyborg Ninja didn't look like that. I kind of like the idea of a grown up Sonny becoming a Ninja though. Being Raiden's kid is another possibility.

Can't say I hate the idea of Johnny taking on a Big Boss role, but I doubt Meryl would let him get very far without her, and the only thing that would make any big degree of sense there would be if the Genome Solider project somehow worked on him. Don't see how that would happen with his fear of needles. Besides, he's definately not a clone, his grandfather was shown in MGS3.

Ocelot however brings in the possibility for a new ancestor in "The Boss" line though, but there was never any indication he had kids. Though if he did, they'd be old enough to be the man in the picture here.

Given the damage to (Solid) Snake's face, as well as the point he'd aged to, it's doubtful that its him. Unless somehow interacting with the real Big Boss, and passing along the Fox Die virus back to him somehow rapaired him. Or maybe Big Boss was loaded with super healing Nano's that transfered to Snake via cigar....

All I know is I want this game...now, and Snatcher, and ZOE 3 damnit!

Edited by Keith