KOJIMA PROJEXT "NEXT"

Joystiq.com: Kojima website updates with countdown and mysterious "5"

1up.com: Kojima Productions Teaser Site: Is That A "5"?

IGN.com: MGS5 Announcement Coming This Week?

The webpage source code reveals only these clues: "Hideo Kojima, MGS,METAL GEAR, NEXT, game, konami, kojima game, KJP, Kojima Production"

Thunder and lightning? Is it Raiden? Is it all just a ruse? Might this end up being an entirely different IP? Stay tuned!

I think the Raiden thing is a red herring. The only two pictures we have seen so far (the original magazine teaser and now the website image) don't suggest anything that says modern or futuristic. What little can be seen in them looks rather dated. In other words, with what we see right now, I doesn't *look* like a direct sequel to MGS4, or anything close to the Snatcher universe.

If its not another "prequel" MGS, my guess would be a new IP.

Still no love for ZOE, though...

Edited by Duke Togo

I'm still holding my breath for some sort of MGS4 conversion for X360, yea yea I know... disc compression issues bla bla bla.

This would be a strange way to announce it, as the images we have seen so far look like nothing in MGS4.

it could be a 500-hour Metal Gear anthology game?

imagine all the Metal Gear games reworked, integrated & given "awesome" 2-hour long cut scenes. :ph34r:

...plus the obligatory unskippable 18-hour end credits :lol:

i hope it's Snatcher. i'd prefer "new gaming experience" over "more of the same"

I hope its the old msx metal gear games getting a remake, that would be nice, but if its a sequel to mgs 4, not sure how they would continue the story since mgs 4 pretty much ended the mgs saga. If its a prequel, then maybe a story about raiden saving sunny from the patriots or the old metal gear games remade. Thats what i hope it is, but i bet its got nothing to do with metal gear at all. :blink:

Well, 5 is a prime number, the previous prime number is 3....

.... 3 is the first number of 360

5+1 = 6

... 6 is the second number in 360

When the timer ends it will be zero

... OMGWTF BBQ, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE!!1!! MGS4 for TEH XBOX360!1!!!

I am retarded. desu.

Personally I hope it's something other than a new Metal Gear. I was never that into the MGS games until 4, and after seeing just a little bit of what 4 offered I went and bought/played through all the previous title multiple times and then went headlong into 4. Personally, I'm not sure any game ever is as good as MGS4. It tied up everything so well that there doesn't need to be another one.

I know Kojima has said he'd be fine with someone else taking the reigns on Metal Gear and telling new stories, I just don't think it'd work. What's Metal Gear without Snake, or Liquid, or Otacon or anyone else?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 5! Turtles in Space!

what ever happened to the page that had "(something)+!= power symbol" in green text from a few months ago. what ever became of that?

That was for Metal Gear Solid Touch for the Iphone/Ipod... it's a "shooting" game.

Well, 5 is a prime number, the previous prime number is 3....

.... 3 is the first number of 360

5+1 = 6

... 6 is the second number in 360

When the timer ends it will be zero

... OMGWTF BBQ, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE!!1!! MGS4 for TEH XBOX360!1!!!

I am retarded. desu.

THESE SOUND LIKE FACTS

Upcoming Famitsu to cover new Metal Gear game for PlayStation system

by Andrew Yoon { May 21st 2009 at 2:15PM } PlayStation

Unsurprisingly, there's a brand new Metal Gear game coming out. No, Kojima Production's countdown isn't over yet (that's later today!). A listing at a Japanese 7-Eleven product database reveals that an upcoming issue of Famitsu PSP+PS3 will feature a brand new Metal Gear game. The magazine is scheduled to ship next week on May 30.

We're pretty certain the upcoming Kojima Productions reveal is somehow tied to this upcoming Famitsu story. Considering the game will be featured in a PlayStation-exclusive magazine makes it a pretty safe bet that the game will arrive on either PS3 or PSP. Perhaps handheld players will get a chance at a new Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops experience -- Konami indicated their interest in a sequel over two years ago.

Edited by Duke Togo

Maybe the story of how Raiden went from MGS2 to MGS4????

We'll know in about 30 secs.

and of course a billion people are online trying to load the page so it is real slow...

Edited by Chowser

Maybe the story of how Raiden went from MGS2 to MGS4????

We'll know in about 30 secs.

and of course a billion people are online trying to load the page so it is real slow...

119:25:00 wow... what a load.

So the flashing message is now 5/S, E3, and backward 9/g)

this is retarded

Edited by anime52k8

Kojima countdown reveals another countdown

by Randy Nelson { May 21st 2009 at 9:15PM } Breaking News PlayStation

The countdown timer on Kojima Productions' teaser site for its next project -- launched one week ago today -- has reached zero, revealing ... another countdown! This one is set for a little more than 8 days, expiring on May 30, Tokyo time. It's also raining now, as if the sky itself is crying along with all of Kojima's patient fans.

Given the news earlier today that Japanese gaming mag Famitsu will unveil a Metal Gear project for a PlayStation platform on its May 30 issue's cover, we're literally counting the days until it hits. Still, keep your eyes on the skies.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Kojima and company were listening in on your theories of what the reveal might be. Maybe next time?

Edited by Duke Togo

Its now flashing "E" "3" "5"

I think you can figure that one out...

the E3 parts obvious. the 5 would be if it is a 5, if it's and S then who knows what it means...

whats with the 9/g if it's a g what the hell does that mean. if its a 9 why is it backwards.