Custom VF-1S+ EMU Capitalship Destroyer

warpaint22

OMG!!!!!!

Unfortunately there is not a fall over in shock smiley for this forum.

Easily the best thing semi scratch built I have seen on MW in ages.

Shame that we all cant have one.

Awesome concept! I built something similar, but I put nowhere near the effort you did! Awesome work and execution! The paint looks good too! The Aussies have a con and we can't get one started in the UK! We'll have to work on that one! - MT

That is a beautiful job!! Kudos. I like the armor piece over the nose, as I had thought about something similar. Can the armor be removed from it, and was it the 'Reactive Raiders' under all the armor? WOW!

I could picture you carrying this into Mac Aus Con and saying, 'Easy biotch's, I got this!!'

Thank you gentelman for your posts, the EMU was a labour of love to be something different at the Mac Aus Con, plus I do love the look of beefy mecha. The EMU itself was a cross of VF-0 Reactive Armour - VF-1 Super Packs and the much later and new VF-25 Full Armour.

The EMU Armour is completely scratchbuilt using next to no model parts just sheet styrene, and yes the armour is fully removeable from the valk.

Again thanks for all the posts and comments, it makes the effort well worth while. :)

Gorgeous, and if you could rescale and modify it a little bit then I could see it becoming a fully variable armored system. Basically seperate the nose and chest armor peices so that the chest piece can move down with the rest and make the canards fold to let the legs passed and you've got it. One critique though. Your sensor placement. The small sensor dish is almost completely blocked by the fighter and the FAST packs, maybe it can extend further out, but right now it limits the amount of coverage it will have. Also, the armor over the nose basically just killed your radar, unless it has its own seperate radar, that overrides the other when it is attached.

WOW!!! :o Stunning! That is a work of art, right there! It reminds me of the armored Gerwalk in one of the Macross Art books (I think it was the Kawamori Design Works, but correct me if I'm wrong...). Thank you for sharing.

Just out of curiosity warpaint22, what was the build-time for you on this?

WOW!!! :o Stunning! That is a work of art, right there! It reminds me of the armored Gerwalk in one of the Macross Art books (I think it was the Kawamori Design Works, but correct me if I'm wrong...). Thank you for sharing.

Just out of curiosity warpaint22, what was the build-time for you on this?

Thanks for the comments, the build time was about 2 1/2 months to have it fully complete. :)

Gorgeous, and if you could rescale and modify it a little bit then I could see it becoming a fully variable armored system. Basically seperate the nose and chest armor peices so that the chest piece can move down with the rest and make the canards fold to let the legs passed and you've got it. One critique though. Your sensor placement. The small sensor dish is almost completely blocked by the fighter and the FAST packs, maybe it can extend further out, but right now it limits the amount of coverage it will have. Also, the armor over the nose basically just killed your radar, unless it has its own seperate radar, that overrides the other when it is attached.

as this is a static model it only needed to show a small amount of the transforming detail just like the hasegawa valk under it, the armour on a real one would be fully transformable. The nose armour slides up to shorten and the armour has it's own canopy shield that you can just see the tip of and the canards would fold down then around under the sides of the armour, the wings swing back to move them out of the way of arm movement. The knee gaurds also would be able to move fully forward to allow for gerwalk so the armour has been designed from the start that it can transform with the valk. As for radar I imagine that radar is far more advanced than anything of todays standards as most of the macross equipment have some sought of stealth, the radar or more targeting system and is tucked between the boosters to keep it out of direct fire, it is also more for detecting positions of capitalships to plot it's attack runs as well as providing ECM cover for the EMU and escourt so it's position doesn't hamper it's use at all.

So like I said this is a static model so like most models all the transformatin parts are not fully clear (eg. SV-51, YF-21 etc. model kit), but the build from day one was that it is fully transforming armour. Oh the twin cannons to are Rail Guns not beem lasers, the rail gusns can fire rounds almost continuosly and can carry a lot of rounds due to there small size, the targeting looks for the reactor of the capitalship that it's targeting and once aquired the EMU fires to hit the reactor of the enemy ship causing the reator to detonate which in turn destroys the enemy ship and any in close proximity making an attack by an EMU deadly to a enemy fleet.

I have been aproched to make this into a 1/48 fully working armour for a Yamato so we'll see what happens as it will be a big job, one I'm looking forward to.

Super sweet work, man. Most impressive. In addition to VF-0 & Armored-25 styling, it also reminds me of the old armored gerwalk and VSF-2 Star-child sketches.

*edit: images added from MAHQ, ImgDump

post-2681-1242827661_thumb.jpg

post-2681-1242830414_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelsain

as this is a static model it only needed to show a small amount of the transforming detail just like the hasegawa valk under it, the armour on a real one would be fully transformable. The nose armour slides up to shorten and the armour has it's own canopy shield that you can just see the tip of and the canards would fold down then around under the sides of the armour, the wings swing back to move them out of the way of arm movement. The knee gaurds also would be able to move fully forward to allow for gerwalk so the armour has been designed from the start that it can transform with the valk. As for radar I imagine that radar is far more advanced than anything of todays standards as most of the macross equipment have some sought of stealth, the radar or more targeting system and is tucked between the boosters to keep it out of direct fire, it is also more for detecting positions of capitalships to plot it's attack runs as well as providing ECM cover for the EMU and escourt so it's position doesn't hamper it's use at all.

So like I said this is a static model so like most models all the transformatin parts are not fully clear (eg. SV-51, YF-21 etc. model kit), but the build from day one was that it is fully transforming armour. Oh the twin cannons to are Rail Guns not beem lasers, the rail gusns can fire rounds almost continuosly and can carry a lot of rounds due to there small size, the targeting looks for the reactor of the capitalship that it's targeting and once aquired the EMU fires to hit the reactor of the enemy ship causing the reator to detonate which in turn destroys the enemy ship and any in close proximity making an attack by an EMU deadly to a enemy fleet.

I have been aproched to make this into a 1/48 fully working armour for a Yamato so we'll see what happens as it will be a big job, one I'm looking forward to.

hahaha awesome man, tell it how it is mate!!!

Guys i am the extreme lucky one seeing all the pics and buildups over the last few months, Steve has put a mega tonne effort into his violent work of art and far exceeds imo ANYTHING i have seen beforehand, you guys just wait and check out the 1/48 he's going to custom for me... muahahahhahahah!

STEVE RULES PERIOD! THANKS MAN FOR YOUR EXTREME TALENT! ^_____________^ You made Mac Aus Con that extra special for sure. Tell yas one thing it doesn't just stop here!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...