Yamato 1/60 Non-Canon Color VF-1's

CF18

i'm all in for the new grey and whatever glowing yellow,

but was expecting at least a new scheme

this is just the DYRL scheme used over and over again

Well, it's probably to save production costs. To do a new colour scheme, it would require new tools for the tampa painting.

This is easier for them, just change the base colour of the plastic.

Only noticed now that the Kite isn't red?

Though honestly, I really don't like the green pilot. Though could make him dark gray or black. It doesn't mix with the gray.

Though honestly, I really don't like the green pilot. Though could make him dark gray or black. It doesn't mix with the gray.

But the olive-drab pilots are a tradition, an institution if you will for all the non-canon Valks Yamato makes.

I'm just not into these non-canon schemes. Then again, it's good not to like everything. Gives some financial breathing space till M&M, Virgin Road, Roy TV etc will come out.

I still don't get what's with the delay on the Max and Millia? Is there a shortage in blue and red plastic these days?

I understand about the TV Roy, as retailers are still trying to get rid of the DYRL one with QC issues... But honestly this is now not making sense. A lot of people are still willing to pass on all these other Valks in favour still for the Max and Millia.

Still this LV 1S, has made me reconsider in purchasing the Hiki 1S... :)

I still don't get what's with the delay on the Max and Millia? Is there a shortage in blue and red plastic these days?

I understand about the TV Roy, as retailers are still trying to get rid of the DYRL one with QC issues... But honestly this is now not making sense. A lot of people are still willing to pass on all these other Valks in favour still for the Max and Millia.

it makes sense... they want us to spend our money on these releases first coz they already know the M&Ms are a sure thing... they're EVIL i tell 'ya! :rolleyes:

looking nice, but i would have preferred a more military kind of grey and much more muted yellow.

Hm....haha.. now it looks as if yamato has quite a lot of leftover grey plastic from the VF-11b and decided to create this scheme :lol:

looking nice, but i would have preferred a more military kind of grey and much more muted yellow.

YEah I wish it was a darker tones gray for the black and a muted yellow... It'd be interesting to see a line of realisticly painted DYRL valks.

As for the color scheme it looks ok, However if they are going to make anymore Roy VF-1S's, why not just a pure & Accurate TV series version. With Roy's signature Dark grey & black uniform, thats what I want. I meant $hit Kakizaki had his TV version made!!!

As for the color scheme it looks ok, However if they are going to make anymore Roy VF-1S's, why not just a pure & Accurate TV series version. With Roy's signature Dark grey & black uniform, thats what I want. I meant $hit Kakizaki had his TV version made!!!

General interpretation on messages from Grah... eh, you-know-who, TV VF-1S is on its way, sooner or later.

Mooo...Mooo...I think you get the picture. It's not new to Yamato to issue re-colors. Or for that matter, all Japanese anime toy producers do the same thing. :mellow:

And yet, we buy them all anyway. As Obi-wan would have said "Who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who follows him?" or Pokemon's "Gotta Catch Them All" :lol:

I've tried to see where this belongs... But I think it may deserve a new thread?

If not, Mods please forgive me and move it to the right place.

1/60 VF-1S Low Visibility

002.jpg

Price: 10290yen (same as regular 1/60 VF-1)

Scheduled to release by autumn

As a side note, VE-1 is scheduled by Sept.

Come to think of it It looks like the Valkyrie in the opening scene in the Macross DYRL Video Game.

Not tempting enough for me personally.

Random question though, has anyone tried to do a customized 1/60 Version 2 VF-1 yet?

I think some of the kick-ass customizers on this board could show Yamato exactly what a truly creative and extraordinary color-scheme looks like.

Force ol' Yamato to raise their game a bit. ;)

EDIT: Forgot about nylcbv's custom TV-style Max and Kakizaki. . .My bad. :rolleyes:

There was a guy who had customized a VF-1S Focker into a TV version by making the cockpit control panel look like it should for the TV Valks (something I think Yamato SHOULD have done) and modding the head so that it sat up higher in fighter mode. He did some other things, but I forget what. Perhaps someone can find the original thread?

They REALLY need to make a proper TV version with a Roy Focker in his TV version flight suit. I'd be all over that!