Yamato 1/60 Non-Canon Color VF-1's

CF18

Any Yamato news at the Shizuoka Hobby Show?

Still nothing from Japanese blogs, but we know they will have a display and will sell the fan racer model there. The first two days (Thu,Fri) of the show are for industrial insiders, so may be they have those "no photo" signs again and we have to wait until public days (Sat,Sun) to see some new stuff.

check again rider r, because i think that vf 1 s in the second picture its a brand new grey color.....tv grey color?

but definetley thats a new grey color desty, but yes the pilot is not a tv roy focker but again thats a sweet color indeed

damn, almost missed this coz i don't really check this thread too often... looks like TV Roy, but if it says DYRL then wth is it?

EDIT - got that... lowvis... the kites yes, but how can it be lowvis w/ all that yellow??? :p

Edited by m0n5t3r

damn, almost missed this coz i don't really check this thread too often... looks like TV Roy, but if it says DYRL then wth is it?

EDIT - got that... lowvis... the kites yes, but how can it be lowvis w/ all that yellow??? :p

if you slap a cow skull on the back of that, you can have a VF-1S Ozma :ph34r:

I've tried to see where this belongs... But I think it may deserve a new thread?

If not, Mods please forgive me and move it to the right place.

1/60 VF-1S Low Visibility

002.jpg

Price: 10290yen (same as regular 1/60 VF-1)

Scheduled to release by autumn

As a side note, VE-1 is scheduled by Sept.

Edited by ff95gj

...i'm surprised they're doing all this before the M&M v.2 VF-1Js... :huh:

Me as well... :(

Though I'm sold for this one. It's nice to have Valks more in military schemes, though this would look a whole lot better without the yellow.

And it's a 1S with the shoulder problems fixed, and without the curse of yellowing. So yeah, loving this one. :)

Any release period on this one yet?

Anything else at the show related to Macross? (Wouldn't it make sense to have a thread with all the Macross items revealed at the show now?)

...i'm surprised they're doing all this before the M&M v.2 VF-1Js... :huh:

Announce, yes. Release, hard to tell.

Yamato has developed a habit to have products jump in the queue. Last month you learnt that product A would be released in Sept; next week you'll see product B and product C released in July.

It's the power of mold milking!

Back to the VF-1S LV:

- The "low visibility" cannot be read from the photo; I read it from the hobbystock site.

- I don't see a grey jet fighter with yellow stripes; I see a dark battroid with glowing stripes!

- I said I would avoid the non-canon VF-1 vars. I take it back. No, that wasn't me at all.

Someone may think the yellow stripes ruin the LV/ stealth idea, but it looks better to me overall. The original LV 1A and stealth 1J were more real and look great in fighter mode, but a bit boring to look at in battroid mode.

...Release, hard to tell.

this is what i want to know!

the more i look at this DYRL Roy Focker Skull-1 LV VF-1S whatever, the more i think that the color is actually nearer the lighter gray of the 1/48 Stealth than the color of the 1/48 LV1... would be cool if they packaged this w/ matching FPs and a diff colored gunpod...

Edited by m0n5t3r

Not tempting enough for me personally.

Random question though, has anyone tried to do a customized 1/60 Version 2 VF-1 yet?

I think some of the kick-ass customizers on this board could show Yamato exactly what a truly creative and extraordinary color-scheme looks like.

Force ol' Yamato to raise their game a bit. ;)

EDIT: Forgot about nylcbv's custom TV-style Max and Kakizaki. . .My bad. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mog

this is what i want to know!

the more i look at this DYRL Roy Focker Skull-1 LV VF-1S whatever, the more i think that the color is actually nearer the lighter gray of the 1/48 Stealth than the color of the 1/48 LV1... would be cool if they packaged this w/ matching FPs and a diff colored gunpod...

Price is the same as a regular VF-1... So no FP there. I think we can expect a gunpod of different color though. The gunpods were of different color on the 1/48 LV1, LV2 and 25th 1S.

To honkhet:

Honestly I agree with you that it's not very innovative.

On the other hand, I want it badly...