Yamato 1/60 Non-Canon Color VF-1's

CF18

Strange that such a small change should improve the look so much but hey, that grey kite really ties the whole look together...

Providing it's tampoed on the production piece, which it should be, I've upgraded the LV from a "pass" to a "maybe" in the purchase list.

I'm getting two of them. It would look much more better if they change the yellow to light gray too, but that will make it has nothing to do with roy.

I'm getting two of them. It would look much more better if they change the yellow to light gray too, but that will make it has nothing to do with roy.

The yellow on the chest piece and the top of the tail fins are fine but I think the painted yellow roundel after U.N SPACY is the main offender. If you were below and either side of this Valk that's the thing that would stick out.

Fast packs though would mask them and make this look much cooler as has been said.

Oh, just noticed the "danger jet intake" warning is now whitey grey instead of red also. As would be expected of course!

EDIT: What the hey... Tried it out. Grey or black would be much better. White was poor.

psp0283.jpg

Edited by blackwater_park

• 1 month later...
This isn't actually a low-viz tho. It represents the 1S in DYRL which was randomly painted gray in one frame or so.

err... no.

it's being advertised by yamato as a low viz type and it's been given something of a back story as well.. and that frame in question was from SDF:M I believe.

Edited by eugimon

Actually they could make the yellow parts gray and technically still call it a Roy Fokker 1S. The number on the side (001) will identify it as Fokker's ship of Skull Squadron.

Like how real life US Navy planes are. Navy planes have this thing called a modex. Modexes ending in 01 are the squadron's commanding officer's aircraft.

Edited by Vifam7

Actually they could make the yellow parts gray and technically still call it a Roy Fokker 1S. The number on the side (001) will identify it as Fokker's ship of Skull Squadron.

Like how real life US Navy planes are. Navy planes have this thing called a modex. Modexes ending in 01 are the squadron's commanding officer's aircraft.

unless it was a low-vis version of hikaru's 1S, or Max's 1S...

Hope the real TV Roy will come out soon. Please please please make it come with Hikaru without helmet and Misa on lap w/helmet, and i guess a TV Roy. :lol:

I couldn't agree with you more. After all these years, Yamato STILL hasn't released a true TV version VF-1S with Roy Focker pilot. All we have is the Toynami Masterpiece VF-1S so far. I guess I can use the pilot for that in a 1/60 VF-1S Roy.

Hope the real TV Roy will come out soon. Please please please make it come with Hikaru without helmet and Misa on lap w/helmet, and i guess a TV Roy. :lol:

Huge huge huge +1 to this.

I was noticing last night how much 'grayer' my Roy 1S is than the TV Valks I have...I'd like a bright white Roy with black head arrows and a TV Roy...

Which FP would look better with this TV or DYRL/strike?

I see Kyp Durron says the TV.

I don't own any 1/60 v2 FP, and this is the only valk that I will be putting them on.

/unless a 1/60 Minmay Guard comes out ;)

Well, TV FP looks better on anything to be honest. 1/48's to v.2 1/60's... nicest colour.

Hey Graham, Do you know about any near future non canon VF-1s that you can talk about? You knew about the M&M VF-22s so maybe you can help us out so we can save up for some future VF-1s. I also like the poll you have going for the next VF. How about a poll for a new scheme? Maybe something from the VF master file book (I haven't got mine yet but I have seen some of the VFs). Maybe a poll for the VF-1, VF-0, VF-11 or the YF-19?

Alaska Base! Alaska Base!! Alaska Base!!! We need some GREEN Valk love around here!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what Yamato is waiting for. The Alaska Base VF-1 would be easy to do. Nothing complex about the paint job. Take TV Max or TV Hayao and paint non-white parts Green.

I don't know what Yamato is waiting for. The Alaska Base VF-1 would be easy to do. Nothing complex about the paint job. Take TV Max or TV Hayao and paint non-white parts Green.

Agree...Alaska Base and TV Roy would seem to be extremely easy canon valks..."Dark Bird"s appear to qualify as well...

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind to see some 'army' valks in 1/60 like we got in 1/48...