Yamato 1/60 Non-Canon Color VF-1's

CF18

Definitely getting this. I like the dark tones. And this will make it the 4th non-white Valk in my new 1/60 collection. So far, I've not bought any whites in 1/60 scale yet. :lol:

At least, there's no worry of the yellowing problem of white plastics, right? ^_^

Yes & no. On dark plastics it will be less apparent and only really appears a slight tint depending on the light source. With any plastic, just avoid direct sunlight on it, and don't play with it after having eaten with your unwashed hands. The grease and oils from foods is a known factor in staining plastics. Then you should be fine.

Yes & no. On dark plastics it will be less apparent and only really appears a slight tint depending on the light source. With any plastic, just avoid direct sunlight on it, and don't play with it after having eaten with your unwashed hands. The grease and oils from foods is a known factor in staining plastics. Then you should be fine.

It really depends on the pigment used, lots of dark pigments will "bleach" as they get broken down and you'll end up with faded areas.

It really depends on the pigment used, lots of dark pigments will "bleach" as they get broken down and you'll end up with faded areas.

I've never had that issue with any of my dark plastic figures and toys. But does make sense.

I was referring more so to the kanji that precedes the model description which is more about the toy category than model itself. Although if I'm not mistaken the one following it is more spec than type but I'm sure I'm missing some nuance.

マクロス 1/60 完全変形 VF-1S ロービジビリティー仕様

Time for a little Mandarin lesson (pronunciation in brackets):

完全 = Complete (Wan Quan)

変形 = Transformation (Bian Xing)

仕様 = Type (Shi Yang)

Cheers ^_^

Yeah, I only meant that the suit is the DYRL design, but the colors of the Valk and the suit colors seem to be TV style.

Not really, the TV valk was white, and Roy's flight suit was a dark blueish-purple Grey and black with no yellow.

Not really, the TV valk was white, and Roy's flight suit was a dark blueish-purple Grey and black with no yellow.

Hmm I was wondering why Yamato did white color on TV valkyries while gray on dyrl valkyries, I thought the color is the other way around?

They're white in both shows so it's kinda up to Yamato how they want to differentiate but most people associate the gray with the TV version because of Takatoku (and then Bandai).

It's exactly what came in my mind. The resin cast kit by Club M and most model kits were having white on dyrl. I'm a little disappointed when VF-1J Hikie is white, so do Hayan 1A and Max 1A.

I think the gray on dyrl scheme are perfect, TV scheme valkyrie will look much better in light gray especially Max 1A and Kakizaki 1A. The white plastic look kinda cheap.

I prefer them all in light gray, but oh well............

マクロス 1/60 完全変形 VF-1S ロービジビリティー仕様

Time for a little Mandarin lesson (pronunciation in brackets):

完全 = Complete (Wan Quan)

変形 = Transformation (Bian Xing)

仕様 = Type (Shi Yang)

Cheers ^_^

Oh I don't really know any Mandarin or Cantonese (although written it is the same?). I was translating via Japanese :lol: Thanks.

仕様/しよう Would roughly be specification not type.

型/かた/がた would be more equivocal to type I think.

I just keep thinking there were some scenes in the TV series where Roy's valk looks like this new Yamato low-viz version. Perhaps it was a night scene or maybe even a comic or something. I'd have to look into it, but I just don't have the time to sit through a bunch of episodes to check. :( Maybe someone with a fresher perspective or better memory can find a pic or screen shot.

I just keep thinking there were some scenes in the TV series where Roy's valk looks like this new Yamato low-viz version. Perhaps it was a night scene or maybe even a comic or something. I'd have to look into it, but I just don't have the time to sit through a bunch of episodes to check. :( Maybe someone with a fresher perspective or better memory can find a pic or screen shot.

Most of the time the VF-1S in later episodes are gray in the space.

• 2 weeks later...

At the recent wonderfeast show Yamato had the Focker LV.

Only change that is noticeble is the colour of the kite, it went from that dark pale red to a grey, which in my view looks better. :)

028_3.jpg

Edited by Omegablue

QUOTE (Omegablue @ Aug 4 2009, 03:16 AM) *

At the recent wonderfeast show Yamato had the Focker LV.

Only change that is noticeble is the colour of the kite, it went from that dark pale red to a grey, which in my view looks better. smile.gif

That would look awesome with the T.V. Fast Packs.

-Kyp