Yamato 1/60 Non-Canon Color VF-1's

CF18

kind of reminds me of ozma's VF-25 scheme with the darker grey replacing the bright white. I was hoping this was coming closer to November or December though, with the price of the VE-1 it's going to be like buying three of these at once, way more than I planed to.

I'm a little sad there won't be matching FAST packs to go with this though my bank account is thankful.

From official site (my bad translation):

Macross "If" - This is the experimental valk when Focker switched from VF-0S to VF-1S. Instead of the normal low vis color of grey it is blue grey. As it is designated for Focker, it is decorated with his trademark color of yellow.

The kit will use the enhanced crotch joint from 1/48. It will also come with a Focker figure.

the color is messing w/ my eyes!!! looks a li'l bluish to me, like he was beat up or something. i was actually hoping the Yamato site would have some news/pics of the new GBP armor. :unsure:

(EDIT - hahaha, i just noticed this now - "Instead of the normal low vis color of grey it is blue grey")

The kit will use the enhanced crotch joint from 1/48

this bit of confirmation might make me start buying these v.2.1s again. hope the TV 1As get re-issued w/ this crotch joint ver.

Edited by m0n5t3r

I'm not thrilled with that blue-grey...

can't even look at the pics for too long. the color is actually really making my eyes twitchy... esp. the last pic in battroid, it's like i'm watching it on TV and somebody changed the color settings or something. it's like an overcooked low-vis or a half-baked stealth... :mellow:

Edited by m0n5t3r

can't even look at the pics for too long. the color is actually really making my eyes twitchy... esp. the last pic in battroid, it's like i'm watching it on TV and somebody changed the color settings or something. it's like an overcooked low-vis or a half-baked stealth... :mellow:

yeah, I'm really hoping it's not the final color or victim of bad lighting.

I would guess we will see a LV scheme some day... I think they're going with the odd color gray blue as to help differentiate it from future LVs. I kind of like their story of it being a prototype bird.

I like the back story as well but then I'd like if there were some physical changes as well like different sensor blisters or maybe even dorsal tanks, a slightly different head design? Like 1s with 1j type head lasers?

As a nitpick, I'd like it if they painted the hands/fingers that dark grey color and left the hand shield the blue/grey color.

I wish they will do the low viz scheme as they did with 1/48 1A in the 1/60:

I've always thought the LV-1 looked like ass. I mean, it's all grey, how boring is that. I don't give a crap if that's "realistic," it's on a jet form the 80's that turns into a robot. also the "weathering" looks like crap.

ditto... i prefer the 1/48 Stealth over the 1/48 LV anyday.

EDIT - (WTF!!! i used my 1,000th post on this!?!?! lol :lol:... didn't realize it... was supposed to post pics of Alto w/ my new RD Nirvash Type Zero. oh, well... i'll use my 1,001st post then... :) )

Edited by m0n5t3r

I like the back story as well but then I'd like if there were some physical changes as well like different sensor blisters or maybe even dorsal tanks, a slightly different head design? Like 1s with 1j type head lasers?

As a nitpick, I'd like it if they painted the hands/fingers that dark grey color and left the hand shield the blue/grey color.

something like this? VF-X prototype?

vf-x.gif

I've always thought the LV-1 looked like ass. I mean, it's all grey, how boring is that. I don't give a crap if that's "realistic," it's on a jet form the 80's that turns into a robot. also the "weathering" looks like crap.

Heh, I actually think the LV1 of plain grey is boring too. I don't care too much of realisticity when it is boring. (Destroids, IMHO, is kind of realistic and not boring) But I like the weatheriing part.

I forgot to mention that there would be 4 posing hands. So I think this is the "TV" version? That fits the IF story because this 1S has the color of Focker's pilot suit in TV.

it's just personal preference... but for the sake of argument... if one of the two were to fall in my lap and i was in desperate need of money, yeah, i'd choose the LV1 and sell it off right away. but if i were to keep it and put it on display, then definitely the stealth color scheme appeals to me more. plus it's a 1J. IMO, the only reason the value (in monetary terms) of the LV1 went up the way it did was because of the limited nature of the release. but if it were the other way around and the stealth was the one w/ the "limited" brand on it, people wouldn't be paying too much attention (and money) to the LV1. just my 2¢

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love every picture of it! It reminds me so much of the German WW2 fighter planes. :)

Though can already see the TV-1J also becoming a dark gray low-vis. :) That would so cool! :)

But no on-line store has it for pre-order yet... :(

it's just personal preference... but for the sake of argument... if one of the two were to fall in my lap and i was in desperate need of money, yeah, i'd choose the LV1 and sell it off right away. but if i were to keep it and put it on display, then definitely the stealth color scheme appeals to me more. plus it's a 1J. IMO, the only reason the value (in monetary terms) of the LV1 went up the way it did was because of the limited nature of the release. but if it were the other way around and the stealth was the one w/ the "limited" brand on it, people wouldn't be paying too much attention (and money) to the LV1. just my 2¢

So totally agree with you on this one. On the other hand if the Low-vis was a 1J or even a 1S, it would be tuff choice for me.

Edited by Omegablue

Put it in babel fish translation so basically it's confirmed that it will come with new crotch joints like 1/48 scale after VT-1 release.

If [roi] Fokker is, while changing to VF-1S from VF-0S, is a fuselage which was riding experimentally,…. Representing “if” of such a [makurosu], it developed this fuselage. Personal color “yellow” of Fokker's has entered vividly, [robiji] seems also the paint which does not drive probably is Fokker's prejudice, it represents “if”, is finished in the original fuselage. [makurosu] “if” * “The gray” is general, as color usual [robijikara] of prejudice, but this time adopting the “blue gray” for fuselage color. The pilot we suppose Fokker as “if,” we become the fuselage which “yellow” of the trade color [dekoreto] is done. * Deformation mechanism of evolution 1/60VF-1 of deformation it succeeds in part specification modification! You received the crotch joint at the time of [batoroido], the process which is removed, improvement to reference, easy to do by the fact that it proves specification of cover which is VF-1 of 1/48, repeated re-examination you became.

もしロイ・フォッカーが、VF-0SからVF-1Sに乗り換える間に試験的に乗っていた機体があるならば・・・。

この機体はそんなマクロスの「if」をイメージして開発しました。

フォッカーのパーソナルカラー「黄」が鮮やかに入っており、ロービジらしからぬ塗装もフォッカーのこだわりであろう「if」をイメージし、独創的な機体に仕上がります。

マクロス 「if」

◆こだわりのカラー

通常のロービジカラーとして「グレー」が一般的ですが、今回は「ブルーグレー」を機体色に採用。「if」としてフォッカーをパイロットと想定しており、トレードカラーの「黄色」をデコレートした機体になります。

◆変形の進化

1/60VF-1の変形機構を一部仕様変更に成功!バトロイド時の股関節を収納、外す過程を、1/48のVF-1にあるカバーの仕様を参考に改良を重ね、再検証することで行いやすくなりました。