RONIN WARRIORS!

Not anymore :(

Once again, Toynami rears its ugly head. No domestic importation of the armor plus figures, so it's import only. $80 or so after shipping, probably.

Which is still $10 cheaper than BBTS wants BEFORE shipping now that Toynami fell through on the deal.

I still think it's cool that Ryo comes with a blank/black body to display the armor.

Edited by protostar8

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
how much did you pay for it? and is it exactly like the saint seiya figures? Are all the armor pieces metal? :huh:

$65 + S/H. They are very much like the Saint Cloth Myth figures (they aren't as fiddly as them though) no not all of the Armor is metal.

$65 + S/H. They are very much like the Saint Cloth Myth figures (they aren't as fiddly as them though) no not all of the Armor is metal.

oh nice. That's a pretty good price. What site did you buy it at?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So i ended up getting Ryo, and he is an excellent figure. Im not to keen on the swords not being able to be sheathed, but otherwise i like him alot. he's not quite in scale with the Saints, which is a shame, but otherwise a cool figure.

i hope Bandai keeps going with this line, all 3 i have are good enough to keep going. Looks like Saber is next from the Tekkaman series, so here's hoping another Samurai trooper is next

• 10 months later...

I'm hoping the white armored version comes with white/black blaze like a two pack or something. And I hope White/Black blaze is super poseable too! And what's the likely hood of them making the dark warlords and talpa?

I'm hoping the white armored version comes with white/black blaze like a two pack or something. And I hope White/Black blaze is super poseable too! And what's the likely hood of them making the dark warlords and talpa?

I hope Tamashii makes ALL of them, I just hope none of them are web exclusives.

To be honest, I'd actually be happy with SH Figuarts versions with armor sculpted on. I have the Armor Plus Ryo, and while it's cool, I feel that the amount of removable armor could've been decreased, some of the armor pieces molded together in lieu of being all separate. I rarely took the armor off and on, it's tedious to go back and forth.

Articulation, detail and sculpt are great.

I hope Tamashii makes ALL of them, I just hope none of them are web exclusives.

To be honest, I'd actually be happy with SH Figuarts versions with armor sculpted on. I have the Armor Plus Ryo, and while it's cool, I feel that the amount of removable armor could've been decreased, some of the armor pieces molded together in lieu of being all separate. I rarely took the armor off and on, it's tedious to go back and forth.

Articulation, detail and sculpt are great.

Agreed, but same can be said about Binaltech Transformers or any other complicated transforming toy. Some people just rather leave it in bot mode as it looks best, but knowing the fact that you can transform it back if you wanted to is what makes the toy even better. So the fact that you have a choice to have the armor on or not is bad ass. With that being said, I don't know what would look better, all five with their armors on, or all five without armors on and their armors would be on the mannequin sitting down. Maybe I need to buy two of each!

Agreed, but same can be said about Binaltech Transformers or any other complicated transforming toy. Some people just rather leave it in bot mode as it looks best, but knowing the fact that you can transform it back if you wanted to is what makes the toy even better. So the fact that you have a choice to have the armor on or not is bad ass. With that being said, I don't know what would look better, all five with their armors on, or all five without armors on and their armors would be on the mannequin sitting down. Maybe I need to buy two of each!

That's why I bought two of the Rekka no Ryo and plan to buy two of each of the others.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is predictable but still disappointing for us. Apparently, Bandai will release all other characters as webshop limited. Just like they did with Armor Plus Tekkaman Blade line :(.

Tamashii Web Shop Limited: Armor Plus: Toma in the Sky (Pre-Order Begins: Jun 24th 2011, Release Date: Nov 2011, Price: 7560 yen)

Tamashii Web Shop Limited: Armor Plus Kikoutei Rekka (Pre-Order Begins: Jul 8th 2011, Release Date: Dec 2011, Price: 8400 yen)

I'm OK if webshop limited is something like metallic finish or clear version etc of existing figures but making entirely unique figures as webshop limited is bad move for international buyers outside Japan (not that they care anyway).