1/72 Tacticar Pod Graug?

captain america

Hi guys.

Well a few people have asked for it, so here is the next project proposal, a 1/72 Tacticar Pod Graug.

What do I foresee? A realistically-scaled Graug, complete with detailed cockpit and a seated Quamzin figure.

How big would this sucker be? VERY big! Like 36cm tall, about 24cm deep, and almost 20cm wide... So big it almost needs its own zip code.

It will also likely be quite an engineering challenge, requiring big honkin' metal screws, metal inserts, as well as the use of some extra tough polymers to combat sagging. As such, this will be a very labor and materials-intensive project, so I would limit the run to 20 kits.

The damage? $390 with a mandatory deposit of $100 per kit ordered. The deposit would not be refundable, but would be transferable, should you decide to opt-out. Anyhoo, I will let this thread run until the 25th, at which point I will assess the matter and see if we have enough interested people to get a green light, so if it's a go, I would start collecting deposits the week of the 25th.

As always, I'll do my best to answer questions if you have any :mellow:

Hi guys.

Well a few people have asked for it, so here is the next project proposal, a 1/72 Tacticar Pod Graug.

What do I foresee? A realistically-scaled Graug, complete with detailed cockpit and a seated Quamzin figure.

How big would this sucker be? VERY big! Like 36cm tall, about 24cm deep, and almost 20cm wide... So big it almost needs its own zip code.

It will also likely be quite an engineering challenge, requiring big honkin' metal screws, metal inserts, as well as the use of some extra tough polymers to combat sagging. As such, this will be a very labor and materials-intensive project, so I would limit the run to 20 kits.

The damage? $390 with a mandatory deposit of $100 per kit ordered. The deposit would not be refundable, but would be transferable, should you decide to opt-out. Anyhoo, I will let this thread run until the 25th, at which point I will assess the matter and see if we have enough interested people to get a green light, so if it's a go, I would start collecting deposits the week of the 25th.

As always, I'll do my best to answer questions if you have any :mellow:

I will commit to take one.

Yes, mega-spendy actually. It will require a LOT of resin, and the pricier type that cures very slowly too, which reduces turn-around time three-fold; combine that with the extra time it'll take to make jigs and inserts, it all adds up labor-wise.My mom says I'm worth it... But then again, she never bought any of my kits, so I have to wonder sometimes :lol:

As much as I'd like 2 (one for Macross & one for Battletech), seeing as you're only going to do 20 I'll just take one please. On the off chance you don't get to 20 :rolleyes: then I'll definitely take 2.

Too big for me Captain (just display space, really), but I know this will be an absolute beauty. I envy those that will get one. Too cool! :lol:

I fear that this is the case for me, that and money issues.

Money aside though if I get sorted I'll get one just because I can. That and a trip to Canada may be cheaper than the post costs of getting that beast to the U.K.

Either way it will be one hell of build thread :)

Yes, mega-spendy actually. It will require a LOT of resin, and the pricier type that cures very slowly too, which reduces turn-around time three-fold; combine that with the extra time it'll take to make jigs and inserts, it all adds up labor-wise.My mom says I'm worth it... But then again, she never bought any of my kits, so I have to wonder sometimes :lol:

Well, you have to go with Moms on that. ^_^

Maybe you can do 21 and make it a belated Mother's Day present. :lol:

I'm ready with the deposit if you need it sooner than the 25th, just let me know.

Well, you have to go with Moms on that. ^_^

Maybe you can do 21 and make it a belated Mother's Day present. :lol:

I'm ready with the deposit if you need it sooner than the 25th, just let me know.

I'm in for one for sure! I think the price is very reasonable.

Too big for me Captain (just display space, really), but I know this will be an absolute beauty. I envy those that will get one. Too cool! :lol:

The cost of an extra room on the house shouldn't faze a serious modeller :rolleyes:

I'm in!! I want one!

I hope my not checking the boards for two days didn't cause me to miss out. Eeek!

And if you fall short an order or two I'll take a second one to help make the run happen. Deposit ready to go.

Edited by Ghadrack

Christ I almost had a stroke there....

Me too... was waiting for the pics of the Glaug to appear and instead it's all blank space. Though we'll miss the step by step this time.

Anyways thanks John for the effort to make it happen.

Me too... was waiting for the pics of the Glaug to appear and instead it's all blank space. Though we'll miss the step by step this time.

Anyways thanks John for the effort to make it happen.

Don't thank me just yet, we still have a few slots to fill :lol:

Note to self: don't give stroke to customers... :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and if we do manage to get this donut rolling, I'll see if I can throw-in a pleasant surprise with the kit.

Edited by captain america