Macross Frontier toys

RavenHawk

Sorry if this has already been covered here, but I don't usually come on this board. I usually stick to the "Other Anime" one.

As I'm watching Macross Frontier right now, and enjoying it more than I have any Macross property in a very long time, I'm getting interested in Macross Frontier toys.

I've seen some from Bandai, but I'm a big fan of Yamato. Does Yamato make anything from Macross Frontier, or are they only doing the older Macross sequels?

Thanks.

BTW, I did a quick search, but didn't see this question answered elsewhere. I apologize if it was.

Bandai holds the license for frontier mecha in 1/100, 1/72 and 1/60 scale... Yamato has no license to make frontier toys, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel, since it appears that Yamato has gotten a Macross 7 license that was previously locked by Bandai, so maybe in 10-15 years, yamato will make frontier toys........yes, that's sad....

1/100 frontier line toys are small, not perfect transformation, requiring you to swap several parts for transformation, a big ugly, around 40USD

1/72 are scale models, perfect transformation, gorgeous, it can be assembled without any gluing or painting and get pretty good results, also around 30 to 40 USD

1/60 are perfect transformation also, ugly as sin, apparently Bandai made some sacrifices to make it PT and durable, around 200USD, not worth it

this are your only options for frontier mecha, if you want resin figures or characters, I don't know, search for the threads of everyone who doesn't have a gf waking off to klan and disturbing comments of people wanting a boobed mousepad of alto... ?¿¿?!2&"! ????

Bandai holds the license for frontier mecha in 1/100, 1/72 and 1/60 scale... Yamato has no license to make frontier toys, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel, since it appears that Yamato has gotten a Macross 7 license that was previously locked by Bandai, so maybe in 10-15 years, yamato will make frontier toys........yes, that's sad....

1/100 frontier line toys are small, not perfect transformation, requiring you to swap several parts for transformation, a big ugly, around 40USD

1/72 are scale models, perfect transformation, gorgeous, it can be assembled without any gluing or painting and get pretty good results, also around 30 to 40 USD

1/60 are perfect transformation also, ugly as sin, apparently Bandai made some sacrifices to make it PT and durable, around 200USD, not worth it

this are your only options for frontier mecha, if you want resin figures or characters, I don't know, search for the threads of everyone who doesn't have a gf waking off to klan and disturbing comments of people wanting a boobed mousepad of alto... ?¿¿?!2&"! ????

Haha

Yeah, I'm just interested in the mecha, not figures of the characters. And the boob thing in Frontier is the only drawback I've come across so far (I'm up to episode 5).

So it's Bandai or nothing, huh? That's too bad. I didn't realize that they did exclusivity like that for Macross licenses, considering how many different companies seem to make the older stuff (or am I mistaken in that?).

Ok, so the 1/100 toys are definitely out. No part swapping for me.

I'm a little confused though. the 1/72 models are $30-40 and solid and look good, but the 1/60 toys are $200, solid, but look terrible?

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I know I'm a bit late to this game.

I'm a little confused though. the 1/72 models are $30-40 and solid and look good, but the 1/60 toys are $200, solid, but look terrible?

The 1/72 models are display pieces. You build it, you display it. But if your over handle it, it will be floppy, the decals will start shredding, it may attract some unsightly marks, etc. The 1/60 DX toys are meant to be mishandled, transformed hundreds of times, and are solid toys. The 1/72 models sacrifice durability for looks and you have to build it yourself. The 1/60 toys sacrifice looks for durability and you don't have to build it.

All things considered, they don't sacrifice THAT much for looks, either. They're covered in paint and printing. Some people are bothered by the Hip placement on the DX. If that bothers you, then the model is your best bet. Otherwise, the DXs do look very good.

RVF-25-Luca-4.jpg

VF-25FArmor-10.jpg

VF-25G-1.jpg

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Do these look ugly to you? Then yes, skip them. Do please make up your own mind, though.

Edited by QuinJester

All things considered, they don't sacrifice THAT much for looks, either. They're covered in paint and printing. Some people are bothered by the Hip placement on the DX. If that bothers you, then the model is your best bet. Otherwise, the DXs do look very good.

VF-25G-1.jpg

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Do these look ugly to you? Then yes, skip them. Do please make up your own mind, though.

Don't look ugly to me at all, and I don't see what the hip placement issues is.

This pic that I quoted here, is it a separate toy or is it the previous blue one with the addition of fast-pack or super armor from an accessory set?

Thanks.

Don't look ugly to me at all, and I don't see what the hip placement issues is.

This pic that I quoted here, is it a separate toy or is it the previous blue one with the addition of fast-pack or super armor from an accessory set?

Thanks.

It's the same as the one in the previous picture but with the (included) Fast packs on. Both Michel and Luca's Valkyries come with fast packs and display stands, while the Alto and Ozma (the weaker releases, in my opinion) do not.

Don't let the pics fool you though... Just rmember that for 200 bucks you are getting:

1. Non-poseable hands. You have to swap hands on this thing. And it's not like with Yamato where the hands are poseable, and you still get extras just for anime accurate "TV series" or "Dyrl" hands - all of the swapping hands are completely unposeable.

2. Shopping Cart wheels. For 200 bucks you get wheels that look like they came off of a 10 dollar Transformers Cybertron scout jet or something.

3. Ugly tabs on the cockpit hatch. Open the cock pit and behold your 200 buck BIG UGLY TABS jutting out the sides. So anime accurate that you'll miss them in the anime...

4. Disembodied pilots. Forget about detailed cockpits like with Yamato. The pilot is not even removable. In fact, the pilot has no legs and is a set piece just moulded into the dour and ugly cock pit.

5. Erectile Disorder: Notice how nobody's showing off the DX Ozma. That's because all of the Ozmas have erectile disorder. Their heads have bent antenas. Supposedly these can be fixed by blow driers....

6. Turtle head: Ozma also suffers from Bandai forgetting to give im a proper neck. Apparently you can customize this by sticking a Revoltech joint or someting in there....

7. Gunpod on a stick... The Gunpod attachment is disgraceful. There is a thin stick that you have to attach to the Gerwalk's butt and then stick the gunpod on the end of that.

8. Knife in box. There's no where to store the knife on the 200 buck DX.

Look - to make a long story short - the way I see it is this: You need to spend about one thousand dollars to get all of the hero mecha in the DX line from Macross Frontier.

1000 dollars is a lot of dough for four mecha.

You don't get your monies' worth.

Better to get more Yamato mecha for that price.

Bandai does great stuff when they put their heart and mind into it. They failed miserably on these things. These are totally not worthy of being called Chogokin.

but in general - it is sad that all of Bandai MF products have these problems - problems that Yamato wouldn't have had. Yamato is the best. Hopefully Bandai will give us some renewal MF valkyrie in the future...

Pete

I respectfully disagree with the above. I am a huge fan of the 1/60 DX Frontier valks. I also have one of the 1/100's and am very fond of it also. I won't say that I prefer them to Yamato, that would be suicide here. Of the DX's I have the first edition VF-25F, a VF-25G, and the RVF-25. I understand Gerwalk is very floppy, but I don't like gerwalk on any valk, so that isn't an issue. I can get some pics if you would like. I am just saying they don't deserve the hate that they get. If you have any questions about them give me a yell.

2. Shopping Cart wheels. For 200 bucks you get wheels that look like they came off of a 10 dollar Transformers Cybertron scout jet or something.
$200? VF-25F from AE costs $10o something +_$20 something EMS to the states.
Looks similar to MP Starscream which Kawamori also had a hand in designing. He overlooks landing gear. Same problem on both designs.

1. Non-poseable hands. You have to swap hands on this thing. And it's not like with Yamato where the hands are poseable, and you still get extras just for anime accurate "TV series" or "Dyrl" hands - all of the swapping hands are completely unposeable.
Fixed pose hands are better for holding weapons than poseable hands, same reason why MG kits eventually went for fixed pose, same with most collector item toys. Poses on poseable hands are usually limited anyways, to holding gun, fist, to open hand.

3. Ugly tabs on the cockpit hatch. Open the cock pit and behold your 200 buck BIG UGLY TABS jutting out the sides. So anime accurate that you'll miss them in the anime...
The team was not going for anime accuracy, if they were, it would be a different story.

but in general - it is sad that all of Bandai MF products have these problems - problems that Yamato wouldn't have had. Yamato is the best. Hopefully Bandai will give us some renewal MF valkyrie in the future...
Yeah, Yamato might have had other problems like cracked shoulder hinges. Yes there are broken screws on some of the Bandai's, and yes it shouldn't be happening, but numbers speak, there are far less people who have gotten broken Bandai valks than those who have been Yamato'd, like me, who's been Yamato'd at least 3 times, maybe more if I decide to check my older Yamato valks.
1000 dollars is a lot of dough for four mecha.
Yeah it is. These 4 together will only run you $5-700.

VFTF1: While I can respect your opinions, speaking as someone who owns several DX Valks (and before someone rants about how I'm a bandaiphile yamateur, a number of Yamato valks as well), I can comfortably say that a large majority of your complaints are minor in the grand scheme of the toy. Landing gear? Yeah, it's not elegant and it's too short. Yamato landing gear, by comparison is usually caked with uneven white primer and stuffed into a sloppily painted gear bay that's honestly not that much better in my opinion. Mercifully, few people actively display their valks in jet mode while upside down and with their gear displayed ;). Fixed posed hands? You don't have to swap the hands to transform it, leaving fists and gun hands in place lets it transform just fine. Most poseable hands tend to look awkward, with trigger fingers on permanent display and little in the realm of actual poseability.

I could quite happily start listing off numerous deficiencies of various Yamato valks I own and love, as well, all of which are no less valid and no less irrelevant, but that's not the kind of guy I am ;). I prefer to focus on what's GOOD about toys. Not about what's bad.

... All of this is moot anyway, because he's asking about Frontier Toys, not Frontier Toys vs. the VF-11, YF-21, and VF-1 (post-D). In that regard, the DX is a great rendition, a great toy, and a great display piece. People who don't actually OWN one really don't have much of a place to comment on their display-ability or playability.

Frankly, if one wants to start throwing around "value for money", I can only suggest that he stay away from Macross altogether. NONE of this stuff is worth the price we pay for it, no matter who makes it.

Edit: Bolding myself for emphasis. This is important, folks.

Edited by QuinJester

$1000 for the 4 hero DX valks? Seriously? :blink: Where are you buying these from? I have all 4 (plus an Armored Ozma on the way), all shipped via expensive EMS to CT, USA from OverDrive & HLJ for a total of $630 ($820 if you factor in my preorder for the the Armored Ozma). Even with 5 of these babies I'm still not at $1000.

Most poseable hands tend to look awkward, with trigger fingers on permanent display and little in the realm of actual poseability.
Most poseable hands can't hold anything worth a damn either. Case in point? 1/48 VF-1. Thankfully the v2 1/60 has a slot to latch the gunpod onto, on the poseable hands, yet still comes with fixed pose hands just in case. Man, I hated poseable hands on the HG 1/100 Gundam kits years back, awesome weaponry but good lucking getting your Gundam to hold it.

The 1/72 models are display pieces. You build it, you display it. But if your over handle it, it will be floppy, the decals will start shredding, it may attract some unsightly marks, etc. The 1/60 DX toys are meant to be mishandled, transformed hundreds of times, and are solid toys. The 1/72 models sacrifice durability for looks and you have to build it yourself. The 1/60 toys sacrifice looks for durability and you don't have to build it.

Keep in mind that the DX paint wears down too, so its not really all that different from the decal shredding on the 1/72. You can clear coat both to extend their durabilities.

The big difference is that the 1/72 joints will wear down much quicker than the DX after multiple transformations. You will get maybe 10-20 transformations out of it before you start to notice some parts (in addition to joints) beginning to get loose.

I suspect Yamato and Bandai did a deal for the VB-6 Konig rights. Bandai got the VB-6 and Yamato got the rights to do VF-7 valks.

To be fair, the VF-100 series really aren't toys, but rather posable/transformable display mecha. They are too small, fragile and do not "perfect" transform like the DX series of toys do. They started out pricy but they appear to be dropping as more volumes are sold. If all you want is a nicely sculpted display piece for your collection, they are a good choice)

Yes, these are quite gorgeous, however advanced modellers like wmchen, have had challenges with painting.

Well the DX line is the best ones for perfect transforming toys. They may not be the best sculpt due to the mechanics of transformation, but if you don't build kits and want a larger scale than 1/100 its your best bet.

There are a few resin kits of the Sheryl and Ranka, but no mecha yet...

As someone pointed out, yes, I am specifically asking about Macross Frontier, and not Macross in general.

I have experience with MOSPEADA, Megazone, and Bubblegum Crisis toys mainly.

So, from that, I can tell you that, manufacturer-wise, I love Beagle, and Yamato has been excellent, and has been very quick to replace any problems I've had free of charge and quickly. That type of customer service makes me a repeat customer every time. CMs and Megahouse have both been huge disappointments to me. Takara has been decent. Toynami and Aoshima have been hit or miss. Clearly, I have no experience with Bandai, but just gravitate towards Yamato.

For this reason, I was hoping that Yamato made Macross Frontier toys. I'm glad that they make other Macross toys, but none of the other Macross series have really grabbed me in any way, let alone to the extent that Frontier has.

As it stands, I think I have enough toys that are just display pieces, and would like something from Macross Frontier that not only withstands me or my son transforming it multiple times, but that is also fun to transform.

Someone mentioned getting a good price on these from AE? What is that?

I've only ever ordered from Angolz and BigBadToyStore. I'm aware of HLJ and Over-Drive-Inc, but their shipping costs usually scare me away.

At this point, only being a quarter of the way through the series, my inclination is to get Michael's (spelling?) Valk.

Thanks, everybody, for you opinions and input so far.

I do not judge or claim who is right or wrong, I am just throwing in my 2 cents; everything is about personal feelings. :ph34r:

Is the DX good? -- Just like the VF100, if it is not that expensive, I would say so. (note: I live in Hong Kong, so I am kind of lucky that I do not have to pay heft shipping like some MWers do, so when I mention the price, it's pretty close to how much it is meant to be sold in Japan.)

But given the current price point, I would say Bandai has abused our love for MF. You guys have no choices and wouldn't help to buy anything available; so I don't need to give my first-rate effort.

DX has been priced as a Chogokin; but the resultant product doesn't look like it's in that class.

I wonder how many people who have made a 1/72 kit would think the DX look nicer?

It's true that the 1/72 is susceptible to scratches, and is not very playable. But it demonstrates that the lineart transformation design works; you do not need any sacrifice to lineart accuracy to make it happen. And the model kit is obviously proud of itself; on the side of the box you can see a side-by-side comparison of the lineart with the model kit. Gee they look the same to me!

As an owner of 3 DX (the 4th would be the Armored 25S in June), DX is okay on its own. As a lover of Yamato 1/48 series, I adore the size of the DX too. But I can't help to compare the DX to my other Macross toys, namely the Yammies. If we use 1/60v2 Yammies as the control, it gets a 100 on the paintwork. Then the 1/48 deserves 95. The DX would get a 90 or even 85. Over-the-line, dirt and chips (though minor) upon opening the box, all these do not make me feel excited - again, the price has set my expectation.

Sometimes I puzzled why people (customers I mean) would defend for the scale. It is just not right. I don't buy the durability, playability and safety arguments at all. Have someone air-brush the stripes and color on a 1/72 kit and coat it; then you don't have to worry about chipping the decals with a lot of playability. Screw safety. Somebody said chunky looks better; so in a sense they do not love the MF mechs, they merely love the DX toys. The MF mechs are meant to be slim anorexics. B))

Someone mentioned getting a good price on these from AE? What is that?

I've only ever ordered from Angolz and BigBadToyStore. I'm aware of HLJ and Over-Drive-Inc, but their shipping costs usually scare me away.

At this point, only being a quarter of the way through the series, my inclination is to get Michael's (spelling?) Valk.

Thanks, everybody, for you opinions and input so far.

Anime-Export: Here you go. You'll be paying similar shipping costs to HLJ and Overdrive (and Angolz, to some extent. Somehow Angolz always manages to make their EMS like $10 cheaper than everyone else.... mysterious....), but the base price is often times low enough to make it still worthwhile.

$150 VF-25S Armoured is too good to pass, if it is by Yamato you are expected to pay $250 at least (unless for clearance)

Anyway I still tend to transform the Bandai toys once and a while (along with TF.. heh), but that Yamato I have is strictly on the stand after one transformation.

If it is for display I just buy the model, Hasegawa > Yamato any day, at least it won't self disintegrating. (can't wait for the 1/48 Hasegawa :) )

Edited by ntsan

Heh my DX VF-25F has been looking nicer and nicer ever since I boxed up my 1/72 model kits to ship back to Singapore. If you ever do get both the DX and the 1/72, my advice would be not to display them side by side ^_^ Still, the DX toy is more durable, as has been said, and will have more accessories like fold boosters and missiles than the model kit (if you're willing to pay).

Heh my DX VF-25F has been looking nicer and nicer ever since I boxed up my 1/72 model kits to ship back to Singapore. If you ever do get both the DX and the 1/72, my advice would be not to display them side by side ^_^ Still, the DX toy is more durable, as has been said, and will have more accessories like fold boosters and missiles than the model kit (if you're willing to pay).

Good point. With the MOSPEADA and BGC and Megazone stuff I have, I've kind of gotten used to being begrudgingly stuck with some pretty high prices, if you want quality and transformability. Having some variety to pricing on Macross Frontier toys is kind of refreshing.

Check out Bandai's DX 1/60 Valkyries in person if at all possible. My own opinion is somewhere inbetween the extremes other people have posted. I own four, but I absolutely love the VF-25 design. I canceled my pre-order for Alto's FAST packs after receiving Luca and Michael's. The armour doesn't look any worse than the Valkyries themselves, but it falls off so easily, and is generally a pain to play with. I consider Luca and Michael's valkyries to be display pieces. Meanwhile, without the armour the toy is very easy to play with without worry. There's really no concern of anything breaking even if you're not exactly gentle with the toy.

I don't hate the DX, but I much prefere my Yamato toys and would love to eventually see them produce a VF-25. Of course, I've never experienced one of Yamato's QC issues. I own nearly twenty, and they're all fine. The DX toys feel more sturdy, I'd be less concerned if they fell off a shelf as compared to a Yamato toy. I think it's worth owning at least one, especially if you're a big fan of the VF-25 design. I'm probably done with the line, though. Given the issues with the Super armour, I'll probably pass on Ozma's full armour. I'd like to get the extra parts pack for Luca's Valkyrie, but it's not a big priority in my toy budget.

Like I said, if you can check one out in person, at a store or anime convention or whatever, do that before buying one. You may decide you love it, you may decide you hate it. There's certainly plenty here who seem to fall to either extreme.

I should also note that I don't consider Yamato's toys to be as fragile as a lot of other people seem to believe. I've two (a 1/48 and my 1/60 YF-22) which have taken a nose dive off a shelf and come out without a scratch. It's just that the DX seems that much sturdier. I wouldn't have that moment of panic if a DX fell off a shelf. I could toss my DX across the room onto my bed and I'm certain it would be fine. I'm reasonably certain of the same with most of my Yamato toys, but I'd be much less inclined to actually try it. I'd rather not hand one of my Yamato's to a friend who doesn't collect them themselves and let them transform it. I'd hand them a DX. I'm sure it would come out fine no matter the manhandling.

Yanno?

I personally hate all toy manufacturers for magically sucking money out of my wallet, who is very very concerned as of late since there is a huge explosion of Macross toys as of late.

First, I really didn't experience any blown biceps or arms on any Yamato, did have a floppy wing on a SV-51, which is hopeless and still waiting for that magic reply from Overdrive. The Yamato toys are not something you can throw around the room or manhandle though, they're more like expensive display items: they are very lineart or anime accurate,. The VF-1 V2.0 is spot on (reports of many broken shoulder, read the threads on that issue...seems bad, but mines are ok). Let's move on to Frontier mecha:

Bandai 1/72 plamo is fun to build, you'll be amazed how the mechanics of the transformation are put together and work, but it's true it isn't something you zoom around the room with, or throw at the wall (but who does that with a 100 bucks and above toy anyway???), but if you cannot afford the time and patience or lack the experience or motivation, it's not your cup of tea. I have the entire SMS Squad but so far only did a test run on the Alto custom, not an experienced modeler at all, just hated the looks/price ratio of the following item:

Bandai's 1/60 DX attempt is a failure for all the reasons Pete and ff95gj mentioned, but by erectile dysfunction I thought Pete was going to elaborate on the drooping cockpit+nosecone... compare the 1/72, 1/100 and 1/60, all from Bandai, and the differences are obvious: 100 points, 80 points and 50 points for accuracy. Let's not forget the Urkle (spelling?) ankles on the DX...They look impressive in the display shelf, are big pre-assembled and pre-painted, but there was also a reported color mismatch problem with the Luca RVF-25, which is at very low prices in retail here in Hong Kong, as cheap as the first issue Alto VF-25F. There are some reports of lose hip to torso tab and some broken screws too.

The partsforming Bandai 1/100 is a pain in the neck for some, but I like them, they suffer from the same hip misplacement as the 1/60, but looks less beefy thus more pleasant to me. MISPLACEMENT=too high up in Battroid mode, limiting poseability and height of the mecha; further cheated by raising the ankles more than necessary in the case of the 1/60 DX.

It really is a matter of personal taste and preference, nothing is perfect, but would not hate to see Yamato or whoever is there in the distant future tackle the VF-25 and VF-27 (warn you Bandai: make Antares 1 a chunky monkey and you can go burn in hell! :angry: ).

Edited by regult

I think having Yamato make a VF-25 in the future would be a good thing because then you have a real choice. The DX because its more sturdy and playable or the Yamato because its more accurate and detailed. That would make alot more people happy since there would be something for everyone.

this topic has been beaten to death. i just want to add my 2 cents and get the hell out of here. :)

For me,

the DX has its good and bad,

but it is no way, absolutely not worth its price.

the 1/72 vf-25 model kit,

how good it is depends on you yourself.

if you did a half-ass job, u get a half-ass model.

it is not the model kit's fault at all.

if you did an awesome job, u might get something that is better than the DX.

by awesome job, i do not mean awesome paint job,

but an awesome build with good solid and tight joints.

i play with my 1/72 vf-25 model kits all the time,

no joints loosening at all.

why? cos i took the lengths to tighten and strengthen all the joints.

this gerwalk pose with super parts says it all.

i dont think anyone here except for me has shown their 1/72 vf-25 model with super parts in gerwalk standing by itself,

with the nose in dirt ass in air A stance.

if they can, then i am happy for them cos they did a good job.

Picture002-9.jpg

Picture003-6.jpg

Picture005-7.jpg

Picture006-5.jpg

Edited by honkhet

need more proof that i play with my model kits alot?

and i am not scared, AT ALL

sorry for the pic spam,

but i figured if i wanted to prove a point,

i might as well go all the way

these are all my own photos --- time out

Picture017-2.jpg

Picture037-6.jpg

Do you have any idea, how strong my wing joints are from this photo?

Picture050-1.jpg

Picture021-4.jpg

Picture038-2.jpg

Picture039-1.jpg

Picture017.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

one last one to prove how strong michel's elbow joint is:

IMG_0230.jpg

Edited by honkhet

Some of you's guys are funny! ^_^ And I'll be the first to admit to being a bit biased but Bandai vs. Yamato......but you guys relealize it's like listening to those sucky 12 year olds on game forums comparing xbox's to PS3's. Or even worse a North American car forum! :p

- Pricing. Check around people! Just because you found a toy for $200 on one site dosen't mean you won't find it cheaper somewhere else. I found my Bandai VF-25F on Hobby search for $120, even the super pack ones where cost less than $180. The same thing goes for Yamato. I got my YF-21 from Angolz for $175. It was still a sticker shock but after getting the toy I would gladly have paid $200+ for it (IMO yes it is that good!). Also you can find vf-1 1/60s for like less than $80 on sites like Overdrive. FYI I know some of you don't like the legs on the YF-21 but we all can't live in that anime magic world where everything is line are accurate and if it ain't the toy should never have been made! :rolleyes: If I have one fault for the VF-21 it's that the ratchets in the ankles just aren't strong enough to hold some poses properly. Otherwise I think the toy is bloody brilliant and I can't wait for the VF-22 Gamlin! :wub:

- Bandai VF-25s. What can I say....I like it but I don't see myself buying another one except maybe a Luca. Sure it's durable and has a great weighty feel in my hands, but it lacks in the detail, accuracy and gimmicks that you usually get from a Yamato (yes Yamato have been less than stellar on the durability front). I don't hate the Vf-25 but I'm not gogo over the Bandai version either. This one is definatly more a toy than anything else. As an adult collector that hurts because lets face it, our toys go on display within about a day or two and we visit them once and a while after that.

I think providing poseable AND non poseable hands is a nice touch on Yamatos part (something I thought Bandai would learn). It pleases both crowds. Yamato's solution is better (IMO) because I am not constantly searching for hands everytime I transform the thing (and they hide in the forearms when not in use). I would like the VF-25 more if I didn't have to search for those bloody karate chop hands everytime I wanted to put it in jet mode. For those of you who say otherwise see how long your arms stay pegged in with the gun hands attached. :( Also I thought I would hate the peg needed to attach the gun in fighter mode though but it really doesn't both me (well until I lose the bloody thing :angry: ). It's not elegant but it works. I give the VF-25 props on being a great toy but it lacks everywhere that means something to me as an adult collector, from the shitty molded pilot in the cockpit to the crapy head lasers, turtle necks, bottom afterthought tail fins, junk rear landing gear (the front is fine!), completely exposed cockpit in batroid mode, fiddly gerwalk mode and horrible stiff and fiddly shoulders. I just wish it was more. :unsure: Anyway I didn't give up my first born to get one so I forgive and display and play with it like the pearly white storm trooper that it is. Warts and all.:p So get one. It's worth having at least the Alto and don't hold your breath on Yamato getting this license anytime soon.

- Yamato breakages. YES THE VF-1S Roy has problems with shoulders and some of the latter releases do as well. My VF-1J and D do not. They are durable as hell and I would say they are almost as durable as my VF-25F. My Roy has cracked shoulders. I got the replacement arms from Overdrive for $16 bucks. They are still sitting in a plastic bag as the old ones have yet to fall off. Worried about the 1/60s? Just don't buy the VF-1S Roy and maybe the VF-1A Hick. YOU WILL BE FINE! ^_^ As to all the other ones well..........life sucks and then we die. :p They are getting better if the YF-21, the latter Vf-1s and the tough as a mother fartin brick Destroids are any indicator. Yeah my YF-19 and VF-0S are a floppy mess. I still wouldn't part with them for the world. I'll hold judgment on the VF-11 until it shows up next week but right now people are being positive.

Both the Bandai and Yamato's have their problems but both companies have showed us they can make great toys. It seems like Yamato and Bandai sit on other sides of the fence when it comes to Macross toys. One treats it like a display piece (which is what a $100+ toy really is) and the other treats it like a durable toy (even if it's like the red headed step child to their "other" line).

Finally if you don't own the toy think twice before spouting your mouths off about it. People in this forum turned me off to the VF-25 until I finally broke down and got one. Now that I have one I wouldn't have any problems telling anyone who wants one to get ONE. :lol: Now if I really wanted to bitch about something it would be my 360 getting 3 red lights just as the Fallout 3 Brotherhood of Steel expansion comes out..............now that makes me mad! :lol:

Edited by logos

My Roy has cracked shoulders. I got the replacement arms from Overdrive for $16 bucks. They are still sitting in a plastic bag as the old ones have yet to fall off. Worried about the 1/60s?

if you don't mind me asking, how're those replacement hinges? last i heard was somebody got em and they cracked too... seems like these replacement hinges are as susceptible to cracking as the one's on a lot of Fockers, some Hik 1As and a few 1Js.

on topic - i'm down to just getting the re-issue 25F (from planning to get all four :blink: ). like some, i do want to have something from MacF. hopefully this will tide me over until Bandai releases a better version or when Yamato gets a crack at it.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Some of you's guys are funny! ^_^ And I'll be the first to admit to being a bit biased but Bandai vs. Yamato......but you guys relealize it's like listening to those sucky 12 year olds on game forums comparing xbox's to PS3's. Or even worse a North American car forum! :p

Finally if you don't own the toy think twice before spouting your mouths off about it. People in this forum turned me off to the VF-25 until I finally broke down and got one. Now that I have one I wouldn't have any problems telling anyone who wants one to get ONE. :lol: Now if I really wanted to bitch about something it would be my 360 getting 3 red lights just as the Fallout 3 Brotherhood of Steel expansion comes out..............now that makes me mad! :lol:

haha ok man :D

ya although i admit i bash the DX quite alot,

i might also get the reissue alto DX

even from photos posted around here,

its darn easy to tell who has the 1st issue Alto and who has the 2nd issue,

although it was js a small fix, the diff is unmistakeable

haha ok man :D

ya although i admit i bash the DX quite alot,

i might also get the reissue alto DX

even from photos posted around here,

its darn easy to tell who has the 1st issue Alto and who has the 2nd issue,

although it was js a small fix, the diff is unmistakeable

Just by the way, and this is off-topic: your Alto superpack has a pair of knee articulations splitting apart from so much stress or maybe you never pressed them together real tight. I mean the section that looks like this "IIIII" under the "knee cap". You may consider reinforcing that too.

Excellent pictures of the assembled kits you have there.