Bandai 1/250 Macross Fighter Collection

CF18

the scale are pretty much on par qith each other except for vf-1 which are tiny little bits next to vf-25,

Well, the VF-1 is a much smaller plane than the VF-25, so it's only to be expected that the VF-1 toy is smaller than the VF-25.

The Macross Compendium gives the following length for the 2 fighters: -

VF-1 = 14.23m length in fighter mode.

VF-25 = 18.8m length in fighter mode.

Graham

I'm getting a few boxes of series 3 within a few days, and I'm not trying to complete the set (I just want 4 from the 3rd set), so I'll have plenty to trade. I'll post my trade list then.

Unfortunately, I'm looking for 6 fro series 2 (0S, 25S, RVF, 1S, 19 and 21)

I'll post soon!

Just though I'd attach a pic to show ho a little panel lining makes such a big difference...

post-917-1270792138_thumb.jpg

do agree with you that panel lining them makes them more realistic and much more agreable to watch as well :lol:

Been scouring Ebay some more and once the ones I have ordered arrive I should be only 4 Valks away from a complete set of 1, 2 & 3.

MFC1

VF-25F Sheryl (chase)

MFC2

YF-19 Isamu

VF-25F Tornado Alto

MFC3

VF-25F Tornado Super Alto

I really, really, really want to find the YF-19, but so far I haven't seen it pop up anywhere outside of the complete set auctions, and those are out of my price range for just a couple of valks I don't already have.

It's kinda cool having a forest of little Valkyries on my desk though.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on a Collection #4? I really hope Bandai continues to put these out. There are still a lot of Valks to make!

On another note, I finally got both Series 1 boxes. Out of all 3 sets I'm only missing:

Collection #1

VF-19P Patrol

VF-25G Michael

Collection #2

YF-21 Guld

VF-25F Ranka (secret)

It never ceases to amaze me how people don't understand the concept of scale... <_<

oh, how I know the feeling...

Got into an argument about this last time with another fella (a hardcore transformers collector). He was commenting on how the 1/60 VF-1 is smaller to the 1/60 YF19. So, I tried explaining to him in layman term the concept of scale...with a smug face he told me." Bah, nonsense! Now look at that (1/48) VF-1S, now that's the same scale with the (1/60) YF19!"

I give up after that...

Anyways, back to topic, these fighters are good for display piece, am thinking to get a display case or something...

i saw a lot of these in HK a few weeks ago... i was actually tempted to get a whole set of the one w/ the VF-4 included for $1k... just too small for my taste. but i have to say, for something very small the details are nice... i just wish that Bandai would put this kind of effort in the paint job and detailing of their RD figures esp. the VF-25s that have absolutely no markings whatsoever.

Umm no, that's size. They're the exact same scale.

EDIT: I was doing it on purpose...

Not wanting to extend this discussion any longer, I wanted to hint that things the same scale can be of very different sizes, just like the VF-0 is huge compared to the VF-1, the Hummer is big compared to a Mini, all of them being the same scale.

Edited by regult

An extremely awesome Macross World member (I'm not sure if they want to be named) made me an offer I couldn't refuse on the MFC3 version of the VF-25F Tornado. It arrived today, and seems more much more cool than in the pictures. The thing is HUGE!

So now I have a complete set of MFC3 and am only missing one each from MFC1 and MFC2.

MFC1

VF-25F Sheryl

MFC2

VF-25F Tornado Alto

Does anybody have, or can anybody take, a picture of the VF-25F Sheryl from MFC1? I had pretty good luck getting my YF-19 with a "want it now" post on Ebay, and I'm thinking of doing the same with the last two I'm missing, but they work best with a picture.

The text say wave #4 is under development.

post-467-127375815287_thumb.jpg

Yay! More mini-valks!

Boo! I'm going to have to figure out more display space.

I hope they cover all the missing ones. VF-17, VF-11, VF-171, SV-51, VT-1, VE-1, The Protodevlin ones, as well as extra parts versions they've missed like fold YF-19 and YF-21, SAP VF-2, maybe some sound boosters, and ones from other sources like the VF-9, VF-5000 and VA-3M.

That said, if it is like the first 3 sets it'll be mostly variants of the VF-25. <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my couple boxes of Series 1 and have been playing with the ones I really wanted, the VF-0s. These things are great! Sure they're not perfect, but with a little superglue and a little coaxing, they're really not bad! I'll definitely be getting more.

Lots of potential still to go. Here's the ones I would really like to see:

Macross 7

VF-17S

VF-17D

VF-17S Milia

VF-17S w/FAST Packs

VF-17D w/Radome

VF-17D w/Fold Booster

VF-17T Kai

VF-22S Max

VF-22S Max w/Fold Booster

VF-22S Milia

VF-19S w/FAST Packs

VF-19F w/FAST Packs

VF-11C

VF-11C w/Space FAST Packs

VF-11C w/Atmospheric FAST Packs

VF-11C w/ Space FAST Packs & Radome.

VF-11D

VF-11D w/FAST Packs

VF-11B

VF-11B w/Atmospheric Boosters

VF-11B w/FAST Packs

VF-11MAXL Kai

Fz-109A

Fz-109F

AZ-130A

FBz-99G

Macross Frontier

VF-171

RVF-171

RVF-171 w/twin Fold Boosters

VF-171EX

VF-171EX Alto

RVF-171EX

Macross Plus

YF-19 w/FAST Packs

YF-19 w/FAST Packs & Fold Booster

YF-21 w/FAST Packs

YF-21 w/FAST Packs & Fold Booster

Ghost X9

Macross Zero

SV-51 Nora

SV-51 Cannon Fodder

SV-51 Ivanov

SV-51 Nora w/Boosters

SV-51 Ivanov w/Boosters

VF-0A w/Ghost Booster

VF-0S w/Ghost Booster

Macross II

VF-2SS w/SAP

VF-2JA

Other

VF-5000B

VF-3000

VF-9

Graham

I finally found and won the second to last of these guys. A VF-25F Tornado from MFC2 is on its way.

The ebay seller (briareos) said they were getting rid of a huge chunk of their collection and had some pretty good stuff listed. I'd hate to see anybody abandoning their Macross collection (except when it benefits me), but I'd especially hate to see an MW member do it.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice! Although I see 4 (Correction, 5) that look like carry-overs from series 3. I hope they are just place holders or something. Up until now, Bandai has not rolled over the same Valks from one set into another.

If not, at least they could make the VF-27 with fold booster into a green one for something different.

edited: because counting is hard

Edited by Rabidweezil

Very nice! Although I see 4 (Correction, 5) that look like carry-overs from series 3. I hope they are just place holders or something. Up until now, Bandai has not rolled over the same Valks from one set into another.

If not, at least they could make the VF-27 with fold booster into a green one for something different.

edited: because counting is hard

So happy to see the VF-171 variations.

But yes, many others look to be carry overs from set 3 :(

1) VF-25F with Tornado Pack with Space Parts.

2) VF-25S with Armor Pack.

3) VF-27 with Super Fold Booster.

4) RFV-25 with Super Packs.

5) VF-25S with Super parts (possibly, although the VF looks white in the pic not grey).

6) The VF-1 could also be a carry over.

So I also hope these are just placeholders.

I was hopeing for a Max & Milia VF-22S and some VF-17 and VF-11 love in set 4.

Anyway, I will be buying as many VF-171 as I can get my hands on.

Graham

Grahm

Slightly bigger pic from AmiAmi

Ser4%20Group.jpg

"A total of 17 varieties, plus 3 secret, packed in accordance with ratios established by the manufacturer."

Looks like the VF-1 has red on it, so it might be a VF-1S Hikaru which hasn't been done yet. But it looks like we might be stuck with the other 5 from series 3 :(

And no pics of the secrets yet.

What's the difference between the 2 white VF-171's? 3rd from the left in the second row and 4th from the left in the third.

Slightly bigger pic from AmiAmi

Ser4%20Group.jpg

"A total of 17 varieties, plus 3 secret, packed in accordance with ratios established by the manufacturer."

Looks like the VF-1 has red on it, so it might be a VF-1S Hikaru which hasn't been done yet. But it looks like we might be stuck with the other 5 from series 3 :(

And no pics of the secrets yet.

What's the difference between the 2 white VF-171's? 3rd from the left in the second row and 4th from the left in the third.

I think there is the normal unit in the last row then the Alto in the middle and then in the front the Alto unit with missle pack attached?

Yep, for the 171 variants rear row (from left to right) should be Luca's RVF-171EX and then a VF-171EX (likely either standard w/grey stripe or Alto w/red stripe).

Second row from back should be a VF-171EX (either standard w/grey stripe or Alto w/red stripe), then RVF-171 & VF-171.

Front row should be Alto's VF-171EX with the extra armor (additional chest and leg armor).

Graham

This looks cool and I'm definitely going to get a couple of boxes, but it still seems lacking. I really want to see the Macross Plus valks with fold boosters, more enemy valks, a ghost on a VF-0, some VF-11s and some VF-17s.. There are about a million valks they haven't covered, but my little list there is really the essential ones. Macross Fighter Collection 5 maybe?

Oh, and they seem to be forgetting that Michel's VF-25G got a fold booster too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...