Bandai 1/250 Macross Fighter Collection

CF18

dang, I just want the VF-2SS! These would be cool if they were metal too! ^_^

I honestly feel that since Bandai is doing there 1/100 scale line with a VF-2SS and now this one. I think more people will be sold on its design and others will follow like the VF-2JA & Metal Siren and S.A.P. B))

I'm probably going to buy a box and just keep one of each type of plane for comparison purposes. If people are interested in just one of any particular type I'll be sure to put up what I have available for sale here.

I can't stand it when companies do trading figures where you cannot get a complete set by buying a box. Yamato did that with the first 1/200 Macross series. 12 possible figures and 10 per box. Fortunatly on their series #2 they changed it to 12 possible and 12 in a box.

With this series there are going to be 16 possible figures and only 12 in a box :angry:

So if anyone wants a complete set, that boils down to:

12 at regular retail price.

4 at high ebay prices :angry::angry:

• 2 months later...

Slightly bigger picture attached.

Wonder if a secret will be the VF-25 gold+red one?

Strongly agree with Rabidweezil. Will have to watch ebay for a seller to sell a complete set, then pay through the nose for the service :angry:

Still, I always wanted Micro Machine size valks to fly around and go "pew! pew!"

post-2302-1249617113_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking (extreeemely) closely at the Wave 2 line-up pic, it appears that one of the new movie valks will be an SMS valk (I guess similar to that orangey Family Mart exclusive kit thing) and the other has a different logo, can't tell if it's Galaxy or NUNS. If it is NUNS it might mean that they have something other than the VF-171 as the main fighter. VF-19, maybe?

I think they are just out on sale, got a call from my supplier, still debating though on whether to pick up a set or not.

The quality is BanDai gashapon standard, which at lately is not earning too many high marks. Guess better to wait and see first!

Found one shop selling random tape-sealed boxes today. So I picked two at random, just to see what they are like.

I got Mayor Milia's VF-1J from Macross 7 and the VF-19F also from Macross 7.

These are quite small and quality is quite gashapon-like.

They are not glued together, so if you are going to be playing with these rather than just displaying them, you may want to glue them, as some parts may fall off or can get knocked off. Of course at this size and with gashapon-level quality, the locking pegs are not really that secure. For example, on the VF-1J, the legs have two small rectangular holes, that attach to small rectangular pegs on the bottom of the VF. The attachment is not that secure so I will likely glue the legs on. The gunpod too as well.

On the VF-1J, the canopy, tail fin assembly and movng wings appear to be ABS. All other parts, such as the nose, legs and gunpod appear to be PVC.

On the VF-19F the wings, tail fins, cannopy and part of the main body appear to be ABS. The legs, nose etc looks to be PVC.

The VF-19F measures about 7.3cm long and the VF-1J is 5.7mm long.

The gunpods are unpainted, so that means Milia's VF-1J has a red gunpod and the VF-19F has a blue gunpod. :(

Paid HK$35 each (approx US$4.5 each). Way overpriced IMO.

Doubt I will buy more.

Graham

Damn, either these sets are heavily weighed towards the VF-1, or I'm just an unlucky SOB.

Picked up another two at random on the hope of getting a VF-25F/G, VF-2SS or a VF-19S/Kai/P and what do I get, 2 more bloody VF-1s!!!!!!!! This time a TV VF-1A Max and a TV VF-1J Millia.

That means out of the 4 I've bought at random, 3 have been VF-1s. That's 75% fracking percent! Grrrrr!

Sigh..........I didn't want any VF-1s at all.

Oh well, I'll glue them together so they don't fall apart and give them to my son, I'm sure he'll like them.

Graham

Since there are 17 possible toys with only 12 slots (assuming you buy the full set), the probability that you will get the valkyrie you want is 51.67%.

1) Probability that a Given Slot does not have what you want: 16/17 = .9412

2) Probability that all 12 slots will not give you what you want: (.9412)^12 = .4833

3) Therefore, the "opposite" of step 2 is the probability of getting the valkyrie you want: 1 - .4833 = .5167

:mellow:

Of course I'm making the assumption that there are equal amounts of each model made, and the process of slotting the toys is truly random.... which is a big assumption. And your odds of getting a VF-1 are of course high, as they constitute 50% of the first wave to begin with.

Damn, either these sets are heavily weighed towards the VF-1, or I'm just an unlucky SOB.

Picked up another two at random on the hope of getting a VF-25F/G, VF-2SS or a VF-19S/Kai/P and what do I get, 2 more bloody VF-1s!!!!!!!! This time a TV VF-1A Max and a TV VF-1J Millia.

That means out of the 4 I've bought at random, 3 have been VF-1s. That's 75% fracking percent! Grrrrr!

Oh well, I'll glue them together so they don't fall apart and give them to my son, I'm sure he'll like them.

Graham

Did you get any duplicates and if you did how many of them did you get?

Graham

lol what happened to "Doubt I will buy more."? couldn't resist huh? =P