THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

And now the two blanks I promised almost three years ago (hellohikaru will be happy about this). I had to put them in a .zip file because they were too big to post otherwise. All are free to use them I just ask that you give me credit for the original blank. Here they are, the VF-11B and C with FAST packs:

VF_11FP.zip

Edited by Nied

Guest Bromgrev
More suggestions are wellcome. B))

358911[/snapback]

I like the green-and-yellow scheme best. How about that one, but with two tones of green in a splinter-camouflage pattern instead of just the olive green? Keeping the yellow details, of course.

I like that Sundowners VF-11 more than the last one, very F-4ish---but no shark mouth?  :)

359119[/snapback]

I thought you might like that.

I actually have a whole history of the Sundowners in UN Spacy service mapped out in my head, from the VF-1 to the VF-22. If I ever get around to doing a VF-1, I thought I'd put a shark mouth on it with a note that it was removed fairly early on because to quote one pilot "no one wants to drive a robot with a mouth on it's crotch."

I must admit I never considered how it'd look in battroid mode.  You could do it for the -19 and -22 though.  :)

359150[/snapback]

Well I gues driving a robot with a mouth on it's chest is slightly better... :)

Several years ago I made a VF-1A in euro-1 camo with flying tigers markings. On that one I painted the shark mouth on the head in batroid mode. I always thought that would work well.

I like that Sundowners VF-11 more than the last one, very F-4ish---but no shark mouth?  :)

359119[/snapback]

I thought I'd put a shark mouth on it with a note that it was removed fairly early on because to quote one pilot "no one wants to drive a robot with a mouth on it's crotch."

359138[/snapback]

Brings new meaning to Bite me !!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, this is the original BigDMAcross (damn lost enail addy) with some stuff I've been fiddilin' with lately.

First up, a gift to my son (who's played his first year of tball last spring) bettcha can't quess what team he played for.

vf11diamondbackswip2copy7ea.th.gif

Edited by BigDMacross2

More suggestions are wellcome. B))

358911[/snapback]

I like the green-and-yellow scheme best. How about that one, but with two tones of green in a splinter-camouflage pattern instead of just the olive green? Keeping the yellow details, of course.

358921[/snapback]

Is this what you are talking about? ;)

post-3307-1136910079_thumb.jpg

post-3307-1136910046_thumb.jpg

post-3307-1136910064_thumb.jpg

358955[/snapback]

So what would the Max and Millia types look like?

359119[/snapback]

I thought I'd put a shark mouth on it with a note that it was removed fairly early on because to quote one pilot "no one wants to drive a robot with a mouth on it's crotch."

359138[/snapback]

Brings new meaning to Bite me !!

359262[/snapback]

Yeah but check out the bitchin' heat-shield

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=17252

Yeah but check out the bitchin' heat-shield

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=17252

363751[/snapback]

Awesome! That's almost exactly how I imagined a Sundowners VF-1 would look (in both fighter and Batroid mode). Nice job on the weathering too.

• 3 weeks later...
Would anyone have a nice quality picture of the Skull Squadron logo? The ol' Jolly Roger that is!!

368470[/snapback]

Will this suffice? It's not the largest one I have but it's the highest overall quality. Sized at about 250x250. It's the version that appears on the DYRL Skull Squadron.

post-2536-1139760470.gif

Edited by Seto Kaiba

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd drop a line in here, I love this thread.

Attached are 2 pics of the schemes I'm considering for my current Super1A.

Both pics are for the naked valks, though. I'm trying to figure out what color would be good for the Fast Packs - I'm not pleased with the basic grey.

The blue one is for the squadron leader - I'll probably do a neked 1S of this scheme. The brown would be for the CF's

post-2681-1142404532_thumb.jpg

post-2681-1142404577_thumb.jpg

Thought I'd drop a line in here, I love this thread.

Attached are 2 pics of the schemes I'm considering for my current Super1A.

Both pics are for the naked valks, though.  I'm trying to figure out what color would be good for the Fast Packs - I'm not pleased with the basic grey.

The blue one is for the squadron leader - I'll probably do a neked 1S of this scheme.  The brown would be for the CF's

380477[/snapback]

The standard dark blueish colour would be the obvious choice but it is very unoriginal. How about Tv Max blue or maybe black with light grey pannellines

Edited by big F

I like them!

Here are some line arts that I DIDN'T do.  These were on Garoquel's now defunct site.  HERE

Some of these were done by various MWers too.

381172[/snapback]

Oooh. Lot's of good VF-4 lineart there!

In all honesty, I'd much rather Yamato released a 1/48 ver. of one of these sqn schemes, rather than that "Stealth" version. I just don't like that one or find it all that plausible; really, it's just trying to impose the "now" onto the "then," a current concept in aircraft technology/thinking on a 20 yr old design [a timeless and enduring one, though]. If they'd do one like these, I'd definitely be more inclined to part with the dough for a 1/48...

VF-142.jpg

VF-33.jpg

VF-2.jpg

SVF-124.jpg

SVF-41.jpg

SVF-32.jpg

SVF-111.jpg

SVF-145.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bromgrev
In all honesty, I'd much rather Yamato released a 1/48 ver. of one of these sqn schemes, rather than that "Stealth" version.  I just don't like that one or find it all that plausible; really, it's just trying to impose the "now" onto the "then," a current concept in aircraft technology/thinking on a 20 yr old design [a timeless and enduring one, though].

381201[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. There should be more retro-design involved. I only wish Macross had begun in the early 70's, so that some really cool old-style schemes could be used. B))

Here are some Robotech VF and Cyclone templates that I have been using in my Robotech Size Charts.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18468

389013[/snapback]

Your VF-X-4 line art is incorrect. The canopy on the VF-X-4 does not have the "rollbar" like the VF-1 (although the production VF-4 in Macross does).

Squadrons often do schemes from years ago for special occasions----a bunch of F-14 squadrons did 1970's colors recently. No reason why UN Spacy squadrons wouldn't do te same. There could be a lot of "retro/vintage 100th anniversary colors" in 2040...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little confused on this thread. Is this a place where we can all show off our own custom paintschemes for our favorite VF's or what. I'm interested in posting my own for my personal VF'S!:D:lol:

Oh wait, nevermind it is. Sorry for being late with that :):lol:

Edited by Phalanx

• 2 weeks later...

VF-0D Top View con Drome and Fast Pack.

// Escribiria algo más pero tengo que volver a afilar mi ingles. :) :) :)

post-365-1146340677_thumb.gif