MAC AUS CON 2009' - Details, PICS, VIDS, LINKS, and kickASS.

Please Refer to the original thread for build up of events - http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28583

I will add more to this thread when i get time, but mostly this is a go to point for info, and for the awesome pics/coverage to follow in 2 weeks time! :)

Ladies and Gents, reservations are due this Tuesday [ 5th of May ] - please send last minute reservations to my work e-mail ONLY.

>> mlove@curragh.com.au <<

You can also PM Warpaint22 as well (while i'm offline) - http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showuser=5632 <<< Warpaint22 PM profile.

But would be best you shoot it straight to me at my work e-mail addy, then i can show Ben Burns of the Regent Theatrette the numbers,

and i will give you all the details you will need to secure your seat with a return e-mail.

$107 bucks for the 12 hour Macross OVA/Movie/Series marathon and Exclusive Customs and

specials only shown at Mac Aus Con 09'

- Discounts - $15 bucks off if you bring a friend, a FURTHER $15 bucks off if you COSPLAY! ;)

WHERE - Regent Theatrette, Queen Street mall, Brisbane.

START TIME - Between 9 am - 10 am

END TIME - 10 or 11 PM.

REFRESHMENTS - CAKE, DRINKS, and a carton of Bundy or Beer, if your a youngin, u'll need to provide ID.

Straight up PRIZE - RANDOM REVOLTECH MACROSS FIGURE! (Either a VF-1J,A,S or a YF-19 or YF-21) !!!

COMPETITONS;

* Lucky Mac Aus Con Ticket Prize. (not really a competition but i want to list it here and i'm the boss lol)

* Custom Variable Build.

* Custom Variable Paint Scheme.

* Custom Model Build.

* Custom Model Paint Scheme.

* Frantic Variable Mode and Pose Tourney.

* Cosplay Tourney.

* MAF Tourney (PSP Macross Ace Frontier)

* Custom Macross Miscellaneous Build.

* Best Effort of Mac Aus Con Award.

- and some more still in the works, but depends on attendence and entry, if they are certain i will list them here.

PRIZES??? You'll all find out at the con, surprises should be reserved for those supporting the con, and for that reason only, you fence sitters

and so called fans that want everything for free and on a fancy platter can go jump imo, you guys are a laugh.

For those who are coming and see the value of such a rare event i congratulate you! :D You guys are why this con has been made! ^__^

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ladies and Gents, reservations are due this Tuesday [5th of May]

I was going to suggest the same thing this week for everyone to show there hands in participating for the Marathon. You know you can count me in. I am going to bring a few extras as well. If I can get off work early enough on Friday I will help set up early for the Saturday.

Ladies and Gents, reservations are due this Tuesday [5th of May]

I was going to suggest the same thing this week for everyone to show there hands in participating for the Marathon. You know you can count me in. I am going to bring a few extras as well. If I can get off work early enough on Friday I will help set up early for the Saturday.

Yeah man i was already sure you would be there on the Friday! :D Be really good to meet ya there mate. We'll work out the earliest time we can meet up an set up!

I need to get the black cloth for the tables, prhaps we'd be better off to do some shopping on the Friday, yeah we'll go shopping mate. :D

I'll be talking to Ben first thing on the Tuesday (when he's at work), with the numbers.

The cake should be a go, i'm really hoping it's not goin to cost over a hundred bucks but we'll see.. damn expensive!

*raises hand* question sir! Do I get a chance at best effort competition for my movie? XD sorry I had to ask! I was curious

LOL, depends ;) you don't even know half of whats going to be shown at the con. :p All things will be taken into consideration for the award.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Flight booked - check ^_^

Accommodation booked - check ^_^

Ready to pay $107 - check ^_^

Maximillian Genius sunglasses - check B))

Models for competition - one remains to be finished! Argggh!! :wacko:

Edited by PetarB

Flight booked - check ^_^

Accommodation booked - check ^_^

Ready to pay $107 - check ^_^

Maximillian Genius sunglasses - check B))

Models for competition - one remains to be finished! Argggh!! :wacko:

hahah awesome Pete!

Max sunnies???? bah! you don't qualify for the cosplay 15 buck discount unless you got a BLUE WIG for MAX! :p;):lol:

Gotta be believeable u know ;)

Thanks for posting man, excited your coming along!!! :D You modellers are the main attraction! :)

PAYMENT DETAILS WILL BE KNOWN EARLY THIS WEEK GUYS! :D

MAC AUS CON 09' OVERHEAD-KILLA DEAL! ^__^ :D

thm_gold_front_8000.jpg

MACROSS G O L D BOOK For sale! $250.00 AUD

If you can't come to the con, you can support us buy rewarding

yourself with the below market cost of such a rare piece of Macross History!

Includes the Rare VF-1S Stirke POSTER, Slip Cover and Hard Cover. Pristine Condition!

SEE DETAILS BELOW

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/dyrl_databank.htm

Cheers! Contact myself on the forum here by PM or by my e-mail vf1custom@live.com.au

Matt

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

We are looking for ways to try and make the difference in cost for the theatre for the 12 hour marathon. A possible revenue raiser for the con: I am offering 2 x CD's cram packed full of Macross (including Miss DJ, Minmei Vocal collection and background music from the TV series and DYRL), Macross 7, Macross Plus, Sharon Apple, Megazone 23, Mospeada, Southern Cross, Robotech, Robotech Shadow Chronicles, Evangelion + a couple of other anime titles that will also feature images CD's. The CD's will be supplied to Matt and he will take payments as a donation per CD. These CD's will be offered on both Saturday and Sunday.

The images that are being used on the CD face belong to POLIDREAD. The images are also sharper than what is featured as Gifs and look great on the CD face.

post-9215-1241915531_thumb.gif

post-9215-1241915572_thumb.gif

Awesome stuff Shazzam man.

Guys,

I'm on my work e-mail - mlove@curragh.com.au

Please it's extremely important you e-mail remittance (payment details) to Ben Burns.

That way we track all who's paid and who's coming. Include your user name to me as well when you give me the hola.

See yas later!!!

do de de do do de de do everyone was either -

a) watching Macross on the Big Screen!!

b) talking models with modelers

c) buzzing around like a bee all over the place from drinkin too much squishy! beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

anyways!

You guys that missed out missed out, displays were full on!

The one pic shown with one end of the hall and a full table of macross displays all the way to the other end! Love that pic!

I got pics coming, of my 1J custom, just too damn busy lately. I was extremely busy during the con day, i thought there would have been a ton of more pics posted honestly.

Just checked with Aikurisu he has a heap more, i'll work my way through them once i get them to upload.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie