Toy Imports and the Swine Flu Pandemic

Cyclone Trooper

Since we're in the topic of fire arms, I was wondering if that automatic assault rifle from Deep Rising--the movie with Treat Williams not sure if anyone remembers that movie. Is that a real weapon? It was a cool looking gun.

You mean that movie about the thousand giant non-hentai, biting tentacles of doom that were part of something bigger?

That movie was alot less cooler than I remembered it to be when I was a kid... Also I liked how Famke Janssen turned from Blonde to Brunette in that movie. :p

Anyway, that weapon is not real. Don't know where they designed it from though...

Since we're in the topic of fire arms, I was wondering if that automatic assault rifle from Deep Rising--the movie with Treat Williams not sure if anyone remembers that movie. Is that a real weapon? It was a cool looking gun.

It was based on the long defunct Calico 9mm SMG, which used a top mounted 50rd or 100rd helical feed drum magazine.

And we can see that even mods double post.

Please, excuse me if all of the policemen I've ever seen in my life around this state of mine used Glock 17s or 19s, and that I've only ever seen .45 caliber pistols in the hands of the military men I've met. I assumed that several hundred of a few thousand would reflect upon the rest, at least in this state.

I've forgotten that in the intervening years of the last two wars and now, the .45 has been replaced with the 9mm. I don't speak to armed servicemen from this war, only those who veteranned in others.

• 2 weeks later...

Gah... Japan went from 0 to 4 to 144+ confirmed cases, all during this past weekend!

And I'm pretty close to ground zero of the "community level transmission" outbreak. >.<

As pretty much all schools are closed in the two prefectures, and there is talk of people not going to work for the coming week, there's a good chance that there will be some delays in the production of toy exports, if the manufacturers are in the area (Osaka and Hyogo Prefectures).

And we can see that even mods double post.

Please, excuse me if all of the policemen I've ever seen in my life around this state of mine used Glock 17s or 19s, and that I've only ever seen .45 caliber pistols in the hands of the military men I've met. I assumed that several hundred of a few thousand would reflect upon the rest, at least in this state.

I've forgotten that in the intervening years of the last two wars and now, the .45 has been replaced with the 9mm. I don't speak to armed servicemen from this war, only those who veteranned in others.

In Houston, Harris county Precinct 1, most of my fellow officers carry Glock 22 or 23, I myself carry the Glock 20. I'm not sure where in Texas you live, or how many police officers you actually met in your young life, but most carry guns chambered in .40 now.

And everyone knows the Saiga 12 is THE zombie killer of choice:

I could go on, but stuff like this probably belongs in the weapons thread.

No - actually - please do go on.

See - when I saw this topic, I considered writing a long winded thread about how the whole "Sine Flu" panic was ANOTHER manufactured drama used by all the usual suspects to spread fear, panic, and submission to the state. Just like they tried in 1976 (the world was going to end because of Swine Flu then as well).

And of course they always bring up the flu pandemic from 1919 when millions died as "justification" for why the state needs more power and you need to just cower and submit.

But of course - they always fail to mention that it was the state's bloody World War I which left millions of corposes scattered throughout Europe, rotting and decomposing, and had millions of men living amongst their own urine, manure and the corpses of their fellows fighting senseless trenchwarfare which ultimately led to a health pandemonium and economic collapse- which in turn of course fueled the health pandemonium.

No. They won't tell you that part.

Better for you to think "hey - a hundred years ago or so millions died because of the flu and the state wasn't there to save them like it is in our enlightened time" - always keeping us panicked...

But then - whenever I entered this thread to rant against the title which is just pure indilluted panic - I saw that you guys were talking about guns.

That made me happy.

Really - every year there is a new flu du jour which is going to stamp out all life on Earth.

Every year this new deadly flu du jour just so happens to coem upon us...in the spring...when flowers and trees start to blossom and people start to cough and get itchy throats because of...hay fever...and allergies..

sowing panic amongst people who are coughing every year for a couple of days when the flowers bloom is a great way for states to increase their power over populations and for pharmaceutical companies to have a good reason to lobby for more funds from states.

Millions of people are dying from AIDs, from car accidents, from cancer - but the media goes all fracking alarmist because a hundred folks died from swine flu...

Although - granted - in 1976- a hundred some odd folks died too. Although - not from the actual swine flu - but from the vaccine that the state stuck people with (literally) - thereby making the casualties from swine flu equal to like...3 and the casualties of the vaccine equal to like...100 and something.

No - I don't therefore think people should throw caution to the wind. No, I don't think reporting these things is "unnecessary." It's all well and good to know that stuff like this is going on, just like it's good to know that there's traffic on I99 or a detour or whatever.

But that doesn't mean we need to bring the national gaurd out to direct traffic.

And it doesn't mean we need to run around like a bunch of chickens with heads chopped off screaming "it's the end of the world! WHO will save us!?" (pun intended) because the effective result of this is more money for people who don't deserve it, and more power for people who have too much of it.

Some danged common sense would be enough.

So don't worry. You won't die from swine flu because you opened your VF-1.

And I'm extremely happy that this topic has centered on guns instead of hysteria about a manufactured non-problem :)

Pete

Considering we're now talking about guns in a thread about toys (which ended a few pages back) and the swine flu (which isn't a big a deal now), show's over move along.