Macross Toys Ideas...

Kronnang Dunn

the VF-0D's wings fold up the same way as the 0A and 0S

vf-0d-battroid.jpg

also I want PVC Female figurines. Misa in a bikini (better than the old arii one); and Ishtar (something form MacII I'd actually buy)

1. TV Q-Rau - this should be easy and cheap to re-tool -- and SHOULD have come out with the TV Max 1A!

2. 1/60 Regults! (& everyone who has a 1/60 valk needs to buy one so that yamato doesn't regret it)

3. 1/60 Destroid Spartan (obviously!)

4. 1/60 TV VERSION Monster (after they make a bunch of money off the huge sdf, so like 4 years from now)

OTHERS:

1/60 Cats Eye, 1/60 fighter pod with pilot, 1/60 TV version Glaug . . .

I find with Macross in general that the Battroid mode doesn't get to shine as much it could.

I'd like a nice line of non-transforming, accurately scaled Battroids with cool features.

The Battroids themselves would also have panels that could be removed to reveal internals or they could be replaced with a clear plastic pieces.

For example, the centre section of the chest plate on the VF-1 could be replaced with a clear piece so you could see the pilot sitting vertical in his cockpit.

Or a panel on the side of the legs to reveal those reaction engines. And its gimmick could be that you can pull out the cockpit when tilting the head forward.

On YF/VF-19 you could have internal missile bays and removable side panels on the back to reveal how and where the pilot is sitting etc. .... you get the picture.

I think a line like this would make for fantastic Macross toys or maybe even models.

I find with Macross in general that the Battroid mode doesn't get to shine as much it could.

I agree - absolutely! WE NEED MORE VFs -- RIGHT AFTER THEY DO ALL THESE:

1. TV Q-Rau - this should be easy and cheap to re-tool -- and SHOULD have come out with the TV Max 1A!

2. 1/60 Regults! (& everyone who has a 1/60 valk needs to buy one so that yamato doesn't regret it)

3. 1/60 Destroid Spartan (obviously!)

4. 1/60 TV VERSION Monster (after they make a bunch of money off the huge sdf, so like 4 years from now)

OTHERS:

1/60 Cats Eye, 1/60 fighter pod with pilot, 1/60 TV version Glaug . . .

I think the closest thing you're going to get lechuck, is the GNU line. Proportionately accurate, moderately posable, sharp crisp detail, lots of joints (upper arm/shoulders usually have 4-5 joints)... Considering the amount of compensation they have to do for the restrictive armor designs, its a good figure. However, it is expensive and has few accessories.

Edited by Cent

the VF-0D's wings fold up the same way as the 0A and 0S

vf-0d-battroid.jpg

also I want PVC Female figurines. Misa in a bikini (better than the old arii one); and Ishtar (something form MacII I'd actually buy)

We definitely need an 0D as well, but I figure it's just a matter of time

All in 1/60:

VF-17D

VF-19S

VF-171 (With optional elintfin and radome)

VF-0D

Reactive Armor for VF-0

Monster (Both original and M Zero versions)

VF-25 (More accurate and better looking ones then the ones we have now)

Accesory pack for Yamato M Plus VF's including Heavy weapon cluster, rocketboosters and possible Ghost X-9

Two words:

1/48 or 1/60 METAL SIREN

If we ever see a METAL SIREN, VF-2SS or VF-2JA in those scales, I'm running for shelter, cause hell is about to freeze over!!! But I'd love to see them made!!

Sound Booster-equipped Fire Valkyrie, I don't care what scale.

The speakers must work allowing the entire valk to double up as an MP3 player. That ought to blow that blocky chunk of boredom "Soundwave MP3 player" away. Oh, and put light up LEDs in it, too, why the hell not.

But anyway, yeah, a Variable Glaug would be cool. I have ben suggesting that for a long time.

Sound Booster-equipped Fire Valkyrie, I don't care what scale.

The speakers must work allowing the entire valk to double up as an MP3 player. That ought to blow that blocky chunk of boredom "Soundwave MP3 player" away. Oh, and put light up LEDs in it, too, why the hell not.

But anyway, yeah, a Variable Glaug would be cool. I have ben suggesting that for a long time.

Hear Hear...........my song. ^_^

This would be at the top of my list too. The back-pack would be more than big enough to house an mp3 player.

I could see a market for this also if you included a head-phone jack. I see those stereo buddies (robotic dogs/penguins/cats/plants) everytime i go to the department stores. They seem to be a big seller over here. A Fire Valk version would probably sell very well.

Well just to say it again like I have said in other threads... I would like the Ghost x-9 to finish out the macross plus collection.

I'd quite like a Ghost/Sharon Apple set. You could have a light-up base that stands either a clear plastic "human" Sharon or the Hal-9000 box with red light-piping.

And I actually quite like some preresentation of Isamu on his bike. Flyer and futuristic motor-bike.

Edited by Alex

1/60 Zentradi soldiers, hand to hand combat with the VF-1 :)

Would be nice, but we'll probably see a V.2 1/48 scale VF-1 first. I have no idea why but the "Bad guys" always seem to come last!! As if anyone here would NOT buy a Battlepod or a Zentradi soldier.

Well just to say it again like I have said in other threads... I would like the Ghost x-9 to finish out the macross plus collection.

Now that just makes too much sense. Of course it will be a kit you have to build yourself, and it will be a con exclusive with a limited production of 50. :p

Oh yeah, I think an electronic toy of Ranka's phone would be neat. I would squeeze that thing all day annoying everyone around me.

Edited by sharky

Geppernich doll :) .

Would it be appropriate for the Fraulein Revoltecs to tackle the character? it's a man after all...

What has been said in the last 3 pages are a good reflection of my own wishes, but to put it simple:

1) revoltech: mecha, make them Zentradi and whatever they can licence, I'd even buy a Vajra (I prefer GN-Do for their assembly, finish, overall look and feel, but hate the price)

2) revoltech fraulein: female characters of pretty much everybody (female), include Geppernitch too

3) Bandai: plamo of Frontier valks but in 1/48 scale, sturdier and less "scratchy", make the VF-25s, and the Antares 1 for crying out loud! (I will be happy enough with 1/72 for the last one)...I remember those pre-painted Enterprise kits we got some years back, I am a terrible model painter, but can decently assemble one...personal preference!

4) Bandai VF-100: long live the series! make more obscure mecha (no, we don't need yet another VF-1)!! less partsforming!! relocate and lock the legs of the VF-25!!!!! (and keep it affordable)

5) Yamato: last but not least 1/60 Regults (I need at least 2 of them for my lonely VF-1s...they need to be as pose-friendly and wallet-friendly as the 1/60 Destroids, make them 200 bucks and keep 'em on the shelves Yamato!

Maybe I am alone, but would like to have diecast aircraft models of the VFs in Fighter mode (obvious), conventional 1/72 scale...again because I suck at building kits, or 1/200, because I have lots of 1/200 diecast real-world aircraft models already.

I'd like to see in range of 1/10 Pvc figures of the main characters of mostl Macross series. Preferably by one of the better producers like Maxfactory or Wave.

• 8 years later...
On ‎2009‎/‎04‎/‎30 at 0:49 AM, Kronnang Dunn said:

I wish there were Yamaguchi Revoltech toys made of all the Zentradi mecha from the original Macross. Also of their variations from DYRL. The Regult was excellent, but I want more hostile mecha and less valkyries...

What do you think? B))

100% agree.