Macross Toys Ideas...

Kronnang Dunn

I wish there were Yamaguchi Revoltech toys made of all the Zentradi mecha from the original Macross. Also of their variations from DYRL. The Regult was excellent, but I want more hostile mecha and less valkyries...

What do you think? B))

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

There are a million macros toys that I can think of and have and will post on macross world but first that comes to mind is...

I want Milia (SDFM Zentraedi Flightsuit version, and DYRL Meltraendi flightsuit version), Laplamiz SDFM, Misa (Flightsuit and SDFM bridge dress versions), Claudia SDFM bridge dress, figures in the Fraulein line. All the macross women would be nice.

NOpe, just tons of valks

I know. Man... there are so many valks out there that despite being super cool and all I'm kinda becoming bored with them, hehe. I wish there were toys based on the Zentradi power armors from Macross and DYRL... In all their different colors...

post-7862-1241046119_thumb.gif

post-7862-1241046159_thumb.gif

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Definitely more Zentraedi and Meltraendi stuff.

The quel qualie or whatever it is called is a cool design and I know there is a model of it but a toy would be nice too.

Yes... It would be great to have a big version capable of holding some Power suits inside, hehe...

I also just had this idea...

What about a Macross themed chess board with Zentradi and UN Spacy ships as chess pieces?

post-7862-1241047224_thumb.gif

post-7862-1241047445_thumb.gif

post-7862-1241047561_thumb.gif

Yes... It would be great to have a big version capable of holding some Power suits inside, hehe...

I also just had this idea...

What about a Macross themed chess board with Zentradi and UN Spacy ships as chess pieces?

Yes.

how about something that isn't floppy or fragile...

Yes. And your avatar is killing me. What is that from? Very funny whatever it is.

I've said it before on other threads. I would very much like modern 1:18 scale action figures (ala GI-Joe or Star Wars style) and a 1:18 scale Valk (non-transforming if need be).

Maybe some 6"-7" Zentrans and Metrans fully articulated action figures with various mecha for them to pilot. As well as, a 12" doll of Millia with flight suit, and a Zentran with battle armor.

Various starships (UN Spacy, Zentran, and Meltran) with electronic lights and sounds in the size range of the Star Trek toys.

Various canons from hero and enemy mecha and infantry troops in the appropriate size for a person to hold with light and sound effects. Perhaps even of the airsoft variety.

Maybe a full blown Zentradi armor costume that a person could wear.

Basically, I would like to see some American merchandising of Macross, as if that were even possible. Most of these ideas are the types of stuff being done for other sci-fi franchises.

I want a more affordable line of high quality, high accuracy, perfect variable toys that cost much less than $100. Maybe another stab at 1/72. Less flimsy features, no parts that would be flimsy to move at that scale, like airbrakes, flaps, et, al.

Yamato's v2 1/60 VF-1 is more toyetic than the 1/48(shoulder hinges aside), and in my opinion, more pleasant to handle because of it. The removable nosecone/randome, moving flaps, airbrake, et al, were cool, but at a much smaller scale, might prove irritating.

So for example, let's say a new pv VF-1, 1/72, instead of the triple missle clusters being individual missles that can be separated from the pylon, have the pylon and missles molded together. No functional airbrake, nosecone, flaps, et al. Emphasis on durability, without compromising looks and accuracy. This could be the VF100's killer.

Besides, everyone here misses the days of being able to buy a PV valk for under $100.

How about a TV-style ANYTHING, especially:

* 1/60 Q-Rau's;

* Macross/SDF-1;

* Roy VF-1S; and

* 1/60 Regults.

True, the more recent releases are slowly rectifying this issue. But the TV series needs to be shown a little more love and attention.

Miriya its Mr. Burns from the Simpsons at a younger age.

Hehehe... I think Miriya meant the avatar with the animation of the judo fighter going boom...

Maybe a full blown Zentradi armor costume that a person could wear.

Best idea ever. That way you could cosplay with the human figures, hehehe... ^_^

1/60 Variable Glaug please :)

Yes... Also a 1/100 cheaper version pleaseee.... In different colors and styles... Including the Neo-Glaug... ^_^

post-7862-1241071633_thumb.gif

post-7862-1241071682_thumb.gif

post-7862-1241071703_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I've just about given up on some close approximation of reissued 1/55 Strike, armor elint seeker, etc., so failing that...

1/60 VF-4

1/60 Star Mirage

1/60 VF-17 and 171

I wouldn't care if Bandai or Yamato made them, as long as they're tough as guts with minimal QC issues.

Oh, and Revoltech Fraulein Minmay please.

Also, though not technically a toy, I had an idea the other week that I doubt anyone but me would want to see...

GUITAR HERO MACROSS! You could play along to Fire Bomber's tunes, unlock other classic tracks from M+, SDFM, MF, etc. and the background when you play would be a view from inside the cockpit that reacts to dodge missiles and stuff when you hit the notes right and gets hit when you cock it up... Anyone still with me on this one..? Anyone..?

um... the YF-19 is already in 1/60 scale.

I'm actually now completely sold on the necessity of a VF-0D one MUST BE MADE!!!

I'd also like a VF-3000 in 1/60, and a 1/60 v.2 Q-Rau, (more features, better articulation, nice looking articulated pilot, on par with the current Destroid line.

I want Bandai to give Macross the Gunpla treatment. 3 different grades -

1. Valkyrie Grade - HGUC level, 1/100 scale
  2. Super Valkyrie Grade - MG level, 1/72 scale
  3. Armored Valkyrie Grade - PG level, 1/48 scale

I posted somewhere else about wanting Yamato to release a set of DIY do it yourself blank VF-1 Valks in 1/60 with A,D,J&S type heads and a blank pilot. Have a all white version, an all Gray version, and an all Black version and they all come with decals and stickers. That would be great.

Also in PT 1/60:

VF-4

VF-0D

VF-3000

VF-5000

VF-9

Variable Glaug

Fan Racer (not a model)

SDFM and DYRL Green Quedluun Rau

in other scales:

Zentraedi Quel Qualie

a series of all the macross women in their flight suits (gashapon set?)

In 1/48:

diorama figurines of all the characters in SDFM and DYRL including those cute robot vending machines (robots are people too)

Macross Factory

Fan Racer with maguro and minmei

yep! plus the fact that it's a 2-seater! hlj pic hase model

IIRC from the anime, the wings fold at the back in b-mode kinda like the VF-25s. (not sure though)

i really hope that Yamato decides to makes one soon since Graham mentioned that it's at the top of their short list of new valks that they want to make...

Edited by m0n5t3r