G.I. Joe Resolute

Modernized and more adult oriented indeed. The film was okay, but I was more surprised that they had the guts to actually kill people this time around.

Anyone else get to watch the Adult Swim broadcast?

yep, normally I'm not interested in G.I. Joe but I thought that this was pretty good for a US produced animated film. action and effects were good, and it was nice to see some level of violence.

Although its better than no new series featuring the original `80s characters I wish they had stuck more to the Larry Hama take on the universe. It seems they just picked and chose from what they liked (Zartan assissinating the Soft Master) and changed things they didn`t (Snake Eyes loosing his voice box from Zartan`s bullet (flachette?) instead of in a helicopter crash). If it was a perfect GI Joe show it would have actually been set in the `80s and the backstory of SE, SS and Stalker being buddies in Vietnam etc would have been kept original.

yojoe.png

Modernized and more adult oriented indeed. The film was okay, but I was more surprised that they had the guts to actually kill people this time around.

Anyone else get to watch the Adult Swim broadcast?

I missed the broadcast on CN but I've been watching the web shorts on Adult Swim.com. To me, this might be the best take on Joe (definitely better than the previous animated versions). I love the Hama comics but these shorts are giving them a run for their money. Warren Ellis wrote the script; has he done any G.I.Joe comics before?

I dvr'd it last night, I will try to watch it in the next day or too. Glad to hear they are finally killing people. I got so sick of seeing everyone eject in the old cartoons that I stopped watching them. Even as a kid, I kinda thought, man, how come no one dies in this cartoon???

I personally liked it, don't care about the 80's stuff and what not...why would I when GI Joe always has the latest in hitech war gear for the 21st century? :p

It was probably the first time I ever watched GI Joe from start to finish.