Surprise! Fan Racer

ff95gj

I asked for a translation also:

The description basically reads like this

A 1/60 scale Model kit that will come with a attachment that will allow

you to connect it with the new Yamato display stand. 12 cm front to back

and 1000 pieces limited.

I placed an order anyway, it's unique enough for me!

http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/detail.php?gid=1352

1/60 Fan Racer model kit.

Cost: 3,000 yen

Notes:

Special limited edition release. 1000 pieces only.

Available for pre-order for Yamato fan club members only.

Will be sold at Shizuoka Hobby Show.

Whatever left over from pre-orders and Shizuoka HS will be sold on Yamato online shop starting June 1st.

Edited by Vifam7

Isn't there another fanracer toy out there right now? In the 1/200 line? Or has that not been released yet? (I should probably check the thread for that line, shouldn't I?)

:EDIT:

To answer my own question, yes, there is a 1/200 fan racer in the upcoming series 3. I'll just settle for that.

Edited by eriku

I didn't realize mods could preempt word filters :huh:

and back on topic... a Fan Racer... really, thats the best they can give us?

You can say it with me too!!!

M o t h e r F u c k e r s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting one <_<

Now, Yamato is getting to the point of being lazy. Their not even trying to add landing gear. They just scribe in hatches. And you have to assemble and paint this?

Approx: $30 for a less than 3 inch model exclusive? :blink: Screw this. By the time this hits e-bay or any secondary market, you'll be paying about $120+, not including the exhorbitant costs associated with shipping.

Thanks again, Yamato!!!

No really, thanks for nothing. <_<

I wouldn't get to angry about it either...

I mean - as hard as this might be for some people to imagine but... Yamato doesn't actually...you know...produce Japan Hobby Show exclusives with...people in California in mind. They do it --- now I know this might come as a shock but --- they do it with... bear with me.... Japanese and other nationality but local fans who....will...attend the hobby show in mind...

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

I don't understand the anger or hatred towards Yamato. It's not like you are obligated to buy.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm mostly upset that rather than using the time/resources/energy/etc. that went into designing and producing this to make something that's actually worth getting, they made this. <_<

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm mostly upset that rather than using the time/resources/energy/etc. that went into designing and producing this to make something that's actually worth getting, they made this. <_<

Wouldn't be bad if its 3000yen pre-built toy, with Hikaru & Minmay, and inner details and removable panels similar to the VF-1 Fast Pack's fashion. Then it would be a nice special piece that worth the cost. But as it is now, I don't really see whats so great about it being a model kit, other than the obvious reason of 'cutting the cost'.

Guess the motto "If you don't like it, don't buy it" will apply. And I know I am not buying this one.

I wouldn't get to angry about it either...

I mean - as hard as this might be for some people to imagine but... Yamato doesn't actually...you know...produce Japan Hobby Show exclusives with...people in California in mind. They do it --- now I know this might come as a shock but --- they do it with... bear with me.... Japanese and other nationality but local fans who....will...attend the hobby show in mind...

Pete

know what, they could've been thinking about non-Japan residents when they were making this...

...they were probably thinking "hey, lets make a fan racer and make it an exclusive, all-white, non-painted, w/out landing gears, no pilot figs model kit... that would piss those guys off!..."

but seriously, it's more of a disappointment to get really excited about three new releases and find out this crap they're pulling... i just don't get their logic behind this fan racer and for the 22, not including the stand that came w/ the 21 but providing stand attachment for who knows what display stand... :wacko:

I'm sure they'll make one in 1/60 or if lucky enough in 1/48 scale one day. I always wanted one of these as far back as 1985, I've waited this long, I wait a little longer!! Hopefully with a well detailed Ichijo figure & Landing gear!! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

There are 2 things that really detract from this item. 1)While it's cool that it's a model kit, it has no landing gear, or any addition visual points of detail, like the nobs that pop off the back for the jet propulsion. 2) The price is just slightly less than the 1/72 Macross F model kits, which have detail, transform, and are highly detailed.

Now, while I do understand that it's a very limited run, you'd think that at least by increasing the run to 5000, they'd lower the price and sell more. This "exclusive" thing kinda annoys me. I'd like to buy one, but with only 1000, how much am I gonna have to pay for it now?

I'm not angry or worried.

Give it some time. I suspect we'll get a pre-built one in the near future.

At double cost ofcourse. :D

Agreed. Yamato will use this limited release to gauge interest in the fan racer. Be patient and eventually you'll get the real thing with retractable landing gear and Hikaru and Minmay figures. We already got the standalone Ghost, so why not the fan racer?

Exclusive MEH!!!

Model yay better in 1/48 though.

chances of getting one slim... :(

I Love the fan racer. Any of you avionics buffs know if the design could actually fly for real ??

I assume the wings would need to be a bit longer at least.

Edited by big F

Any chance that yamato would produce the fan liner that was used for the grand prize of the "miss macross"competition? Are the 1/60 scale valkyrie pilot figures going to be able to fit in the fan liner?

Around 50 bucks actually, I've got myself one already reserved, i found out last week before this was announced here and i jumped! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

my preciousssss fannnnnn racerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Hope we get a Hikaru civvie flightsuit fig as well, i don't care if this is a kit, it's 1/60!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN STRAIGHT TIS IS A F'N GREAT TIME TO BE A MACROSS FAN! Hope the 1/60 Fan Liner is planned as well.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

5 years ago there was a 'wishlist' thread (HERE), and I had the following:

UN SPACY 2-PACK -- QF-3000E GHOST & ES-11D CAT'S EYE

So now that we've got a Ghost, add the Fan Racer "toy" with the Cat's Eye!!

Include the asteroid and smashed canopy for the Cat's Eye to take out the pilot!

(BTW, when looking at that thread, it's pretty interesting how many wishes came to life!!)