VF-1 Valkyrie

Brand-X

Well, just on a whim the other day decided to start putting this together, mostly just a fun project for me as a diversion from my usual work. Figured I'd post it up here as it goes, and see what you guys think.

So without further ado, here's my first WIP shots (Please ignore the colours, they're for materials testing purposes mostly.)

vf1005.jpg

vf1004.jpg

Oh wow, I hadn't realized Brand-X was the same one from HLP SW team. They are doing some great stuff there...

I must have zone out for a bit.

Yup, it's me, the same one. I didn't expect that there'd be two others here from HLP though. Bit of a surprise, but also welcome to be noticed.

Thank you guys for your praise.

Bit of an update here, got the beginnings of a gunpod, upper arms, and some more detail on the upper intakes and upper legs, as well as some slight reshaping here and there:

vf1006.jpg

vf1007.jpg

vf1009.jpg

vf1008.jpg

Also, back to clay renders for now, the colours were really just for testing purposes, as mentioned. Also, I'm aware of the slight smoothing problem at the back of the upper surface, and also the kneecaps are too big, already fixed

Edited by Brand-X

Bit of an update here, got the beginnings of a gunpod, upper arms, and some more detail on the upper intakes and upper legs, as well as some slight reshaping here and there:

vf1006.jpg

vf1007.jpg

vf1009.jpg

vf1008.jpg

Also, back to clay renders for now, the colours were really just for testing purposes, as mentioned. Also, I'm aware of the slight smoothing problem at the back of the upper surface, and also the kneecaps are too big, already fixed

Gunpod is too far forward. Would be under the head unit, should the head unit be attached.

Also, the upper legs appear to blend directly with the mesh of the lower legs. Are they separate pieces or are they undivided as of yet?

Gunpod is too far forward. Would be under the head unit, should the head unit be attached.

Also, the upper legs appear to blend directly with the mesh of the lower legs. Are they separate pieces or are they undivided as of yet?

Well, the gunpod matches up with the schematics I have.

As for the upper and lower legs, each are still separate objects, but I haven't modeled the intersection between them yet

I'd say a lot of that comes down to the lighting. It's pretty bright and nearly directly overhead, so seeing those angles is difficult. From other views they're fairly prominent.

EDIT:

An example with harsher lighting and a more angular view:

vf1011.jpg

Edited by Brand-X

Actually on the note of Hasegawa references, I understand they were made using CAD techniques, and thus should perfectly line up with itself in all views. Does anyone have any high res pictures of this, as the references I'm currently using are from the Macross Mecha manual, and many do not match eachother in various views when you really get down to it. Other than that, any other high res, orthographically correct references would be appreciated if there are any floating around.

Looks good, keep up the good work. If fans keep doing things like this, maybe you can all get together and put together a movie or something.

Surprised I'm here? Shouldn't be.

Granted I came late to the Macross side. It wasn't till I got out of the military that I even knew of the source material. My friend ran an import store and when I checked in he had DYRL on the tube and I was like "What is that!? You mean there's more then SDFM-TV?"

Thus my obsession continued and I tried to get all the vids I could at the time.

Edited by Star Dragon