Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Yeah those stickers are on there. As well as stickers for Macross 7, City 7, Battle 7 and Diamond Force. But don't take that as a confirmation. Besides you could buy like 4-5 vf-1s for the price of 2 VF-22s.

Not saying I wouldn't buy VF-22 Max and Mira's but they better at least come with stands this time if I am going to buy them. I like my VF-22 but it's over priced for what you get and considering that (mine at least) is not put together as well as my YF-21 is.

Edited by logos

Yeah perfect.................. <_<

Like I said I'm cheesed about that wing. Also I knew coming in that the parts would be sparse but I don't know. I think if I could store the gun pods in the belly plates (yes sacrifice more anime accuracy!) that would have been the gimmick that really sold me, right now while it looks better than a YF-21 in my opinion, I like the fit and finish on my YF-21 better. Well accept for those crappy ankle ratchets on the YF-21. They fixed that on the VF-22 IMO.

Just got mine from Overdrive Anime this morning and this copy has a loose-ish left wing as well. Fit and finish doesn't look as good as YF-21, seems like a hurried attempt. There's still an ugly gap in the belly plates, and the grey paint on the cockpit is not as well executed as the yellow paint on the YF-21 cockpit. Still, I'm happy with it. With the exception of the somewhat loose left wing, I can live with these imperfections. My Mac-F valks have all been placed back in their boxes, for fear of scratching off any more tampo paints.

So I see I am not the only one.....now to work up the courage to take it apart and see if anything is wrong. :mellow:

@m0n5t3r... Yea thanks for the credit about the somebody who pointed out the names on the sticker sheet. It took me a whole minute to snap a pic with my camera, resize it in Photoshop and post it. Jking... XD

Okay... one of my VF-22 wings was somewhat loose, but after reading a couple posts about loose wings. I just wanted to see if one of the screws were loose (which fasten the ends which hold the wing attachments) and found that the threads which hold the screw were stripped! There was no bite when I attempted to lightly tighten the screw. It just spins freely. This screw is the rear one located on the right under side. Can anyone else confirm if they have this problem? Thanks in advance.

I never check to see if this was a problem on my VF-21, but I'm pretty sure it's a one off and could easily be solved with some super glue or some other simple repair.

And talk about QC... I noticed this when I first got the VF-22, but never mentioned exactly what it was (I mentioned it as a blemish in a previous post). It looks like whoever assembled the VF-22 had some light corrosive chemical on their hands and may have melted(?) the matt finish top and bottom so it appears somewhat gloss.

Bleh... w/e I'm just nitpicking.

***EDIT***

Since my YF-21 is currently in parts, I decided to take it upon myself and attach the 21's tail fastpacks to the 22. Looks pretty nice IMO. XD

post-4919-1247258906_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1247258914_thumb.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I'm hoping, personally, that part of the premium paid for Gamlin was that it was a limited release. Maybe, if they get around to the M&M VF-22S, the price my fall a little closer to the VE-1 and VT-1.

Well, most webshops did state the VF22s is a limited item. (The number varies though...) <_<

Finally got mine today. Delayed at the local post office for almost a week because their computer system didn't capture my delivery advices twice. Got to do the manual way and speak to a human. Yeah, getting a functioning computer tracking and delivery system will bankrupt the local post office... <_<

Still in the box as I'm working today. Will perform a close inspection tomorrow. ^_^

Got my 22 today. I think the color and canopy looks better in person than it did in the pics and it's growing on me more. The plastic came with some scratches and uneveness in texture. a lot of parts are looser than the 21s I have. The legs, arms, wings, vertical stabilizers, and bay doors are all fairly loose in comparison. Particularly the bay covers when you pull them out to give more space between them and the legs in battroid mode. They flop around. Not the part that swivels but where the grey metal piece attaches to the covers and that you pull out until it clicks. That part doesn't seem to be attached firmly to the covers themselves and thus it causes the covers to flop around.

The swivel joint in the knee area used in gerwalk is also fairly loose so it's hard to pose in that mode on a smooth surface. The knee joints themselves also don't have as much resistance and makes it harder than the 21 to pose in battroid. Overall, the whole thing just doesn't seem as tight. I'd have to say based on what I got, the first release 21s had much better QC than this 22. I don't know if it's because the molds got worse as they got used more or what. Don't get me wrong, it's not floppy by any means in comparison to the VF-0 releases. Just not as tight as my YF-21s.

Strangely, the rear facing head turret on the 22 is a better match in color to the yellow stripes on the 21 and the turret on the 21 is a lighter color closer to the yellow on the 22. So I did a swap between the 22 and one of my 21s and it looks much better now for both.

picture of what your referring to please .. thank you

Got my 22 today. I think the color and canopy looks better in person than it did in the pics and it's growing on me more. The plastic came with some scratches and uneveness in texture. a lot of parts are looser than the 21s I have. The legs, arms, wings, vertical stabilizers, and bay doors are all fairly loose in comparison. Particularly the bay covers when you pull them out to give more space between them and the legs in battroid mode. They flop around. Not the part that swivels but where the grey metal piece attaches to the covers and that you pull out until it clicks. That part doesn't seem to be attached firmly to the covers themselves and thus it causes the covers to flop around.

The swivel joint in the knee area used in gerwalk is also fairly loose so it's hard to pose in that mode on a smooth surface. The knee joints themselves also don't have as much resistance and makes it harder than the 21 to pose in battroid. Overall, the whole thing just doesn't seem as tight. I'd have to say based on what I got, the first release 21s had much better QC than this 22. I don't know if it's because the molds got worse as they got used more or what. Don't get me wrong, it's not floppy by any means in comparison to the VF-0 releases. Just not as tight as my YF-21s.

Strangely, the rear facing head turret on the 22 is a better match in color to the yellow stripes on the 21 and the turret on the 21 is a lighter color closer to the yellow on the 22. So I did a swap between the 22 and one of my 21s and it looks much better now for both.

No, not floppy at all, but after getting used to the tightness of the YF-21, the relative looseness is noticeable. I have a hard time finding the right pose to balance the valk in battroid mode. I don't remember the ankle joints being ratcheted on the YF-21, but the tightness of the ankle joint didn't need ratcheting to hold most poses, iirc. The color scheme on the VF-22 rocks, though, and I don't regret getting it.

And talk about QC... I noticed this when I first got the VF-22, but never mentioned exactly what it was (I mentioned it as a blemish in a previous post). It looks like whoever assembled the VF-22 had some light corrosive chemical on their hands and may have melted(?) the matt finish top and bottom so it appears somewhat gloss.

That's disgusting. It's very noticeable in the pics, probably because of the flash though.

That's disgusting. It's very noticeable in the pics, probably because of the flash though.

Yea... tell me about it. It's a pretty bad eye sore. -=\

I guess I could put up with it. If anything maybe sometime down the road I'll give it another matt finish. XD

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Just wondering, when the YF-21 first came out, was there any complaint about the instruction manual being extremely confusing? I noticed Yamato uses the same manual for the VF-22, but I gave up reading it after a while, and instead relied on YouTube. Am I alone on this?

picture of what your referring to please .. thank you

I assume you mean the bay door cover attachment.

post-10222-1247427579_thumb.jpg

What I was saying is that the joint in the yellow area in the pic is fine. It's nice and tight and stays in place.

The area with the red oval is where it just flops around regardless of if it is pushed in or pulled out until it clicks.

Neither of my 21s do that. They stay in place. Does any one else's kinda flop around or is mine just broken? And yes, both sides have that problem.

On different note, I liked that bisecting line in the visor in the line art and since you can hardly see it in the toy, I just drew a line with a pen to make it more visible on mine.

I think it helps a lot and doesn't make the visor look so oversized compared to when you couldn't see the line.

post-10222-1247428066_thumb.jpg

I also found the white and yellow stickers a little too stark in contrast to the dark gray surface which made it look a lot more sticker-ish. So I took a GM02 gundam marker and stained the stickers to make them look more blended in with the darker areas.

post-10222-1247428413_thumb.jpg

@MacrossJunkie...

Nice work with the panel lines and trick for the stickers.

The issue/problem/thing with the bay doors flopping around in battroid mode when fully extended is not a single case. It's a problem which all the VF-22S have. It's due to the way the bay doors were designed/engineered. It seems they weren't designed exactly off the YF-21's doors, but entirely from scratch. they even made the middle screw peg on the left bay door (outer) half about two millimeters too long which causes a slight separation/gap (mine was miraculously glued together by the assemblers).

Overall... yes my VF-22's bay doors have the same loose jiggle as yours.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

So here I am...waiting for a part to upload in my ProEngineer and staring at my VF-22. Those frackin gunpods are sitting there under the stand and one of the wings are drooping (cause the wing hinges appear to be slightly off compared to the YF-21...) and this hits me.

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

There is enough of a gap on the rear of the hinge (on mine anyway) to stick the gunpods in there and they STAY! I shook it and they will stay in there almost as well as the missile pods on the VF-1s. I don't know if it looks cooler or not but at least it gives me somewhere to store the gunpods. Try it out and let me know if it works on yours too.

Note that I checked to see if this was putting any strain on the hinges and mine appear to be loose enough that it appears to be very little if any. They just slip in there with a decent friction grip.

Edited by logos

I think I'm gonna have to start looking for a nice little Mylene figure to go with my Sturmvogel when I actually have it...

Anybody care to show of their Sturmvogel with a Mylene? Anybody HAVE a Mylene for that matter? :)

Pete

FYI. I tried the gunpods on my YF-21 with the wings and they will attach but they put the wing seem really out to wack. You can finagle it back but unlike the VF-22 it feels like you are putting undo stress there. The VF-22 is sloppy enough that this is not a problem.

Also since the YF-21 has a good place to put the gunpods already why would you want to?

Sh*t, would have gotten the 22 today, but the mailman didn't bother delivering the mail. I mean what kind of mailman doesn't deliver the mail? He shows up and leaves one of those missed delivery slips in the mailbox, even though my sister was home the whole day. This isn't the first time he's done this either. Now I have to take time out of my morning to pick this thing up, gonna be late to work and everything. Had to pay express shipping for this thing too, goddamn chicken sh*t mailman afraid of a couple of corgis...sorry for the rant.

Sh*t, would have gotten the 22 today, but the mailman didn't bother delivering the mail. I mean what kind of mailman doesn't deliver the mail? He shows up and leaves one of those missed delivery slips in the mailbox, even though my sister was home the whole day. This isn't the first time he's done this either. Now I have to take time out of my morning to pick this thing up, gonna be late to work and everything. Had to pay express shipping for this thing too, goddamn chicken sh*t mailman afraid of a couple of corgis...sorry for the rant.

oooh, you have corgis? Pictures!

maybe it was raining..hence he didn't deliver (like newman)

LOL! shoot the corgis, they prevented 22 goodness! :lol:

OZRIA5AJNYYTFF3B7NEAPGKS6IN7YRWY.jpeg

Frankly I have not notice the bay doors being floppy on mine in Battroid mode. Once you get those retardedly pain in the ass joints to pop it seemed fine compared to my YF-21. I'll admit that I have not looked closely at it though.

I'm close on picking up the Gamlin, but with all the QC issues I might just wait. Opinions?

There are no consistant issues. My copy doesn't have loose wings or the belly plate issue that some other people are reporting.