Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Perhaps Emerald Force color scheme and Basara Fire Bomber special? Emerald Force is a cool scheme IMO but I'm really waiting for the M&M VF-22s to come out. Oh, also waiting to see if either Yamato or Bandai will finally do the VF-17 justice.

Edited by Smiley424

This time they skipped the box flip, like the 22S.

The box size is the same as the old YF-19 though. Well... The contents are the same.

I actually like the flip thing because I don't have to open the box to check at the shop.

Ok, that is by far one of the dumbest repaints I've yet seen. Seriously, this reminds me of those times when I was about 8 years old, and decided to add "detail" to some of my models. I took a paint marker, and decided to paint random panels different colors.

This is exactly like that. THEY PAINTED THRUSTER VENTS FREAKIN' ORANGE. It's like they took the normal paint palette, and just said, "Ok, lets just put orange paint in the machine instead of black." ... Actually, looks like that's EXACTLY what they did... the colors are reversed. Everything that used to be black is now orange, and all the stuff normally red is black, even the intake warnings, and the borders around the nose sensors are now orange.

Fail.

The color scheme itself isn't that bad really, it reminds me of old test model markings. If only they'd bothered to give a second thought to what parts needed to be changed, and what needed to stay the same, it wouldn't look like some 10 year old had just photoshopped the thing. Still not quite on the level of the "lets paint it black and add a gold border to EVERYTHING" version, but not far off.

Edited by Chronocidal

Thanks for all the great pics ff95gj!

I see that the wings aren't locked with the legs. Does that mean that that problem is still present?

still has the intake gap and the shoulders that don't sit flush in fighter too. Too bad. I'm not buying another yf-19 until they fix those fit issues.

Edited by eugimon

still has the intake gap and the shoulders that don't sit flush in fighter too. Too bad. I'm not buying another yf-19 until they fix those fit issues.

Well, this is looking disappointing... I had hopes that this release would fix stuff.

Think I'll just wait for a sale on any of these two because the YF-19 mold sure isn't getting fix any time son.

Great pics man.

The paint job that Yamato decided to go with is rather unimpressive though. If they went with Hasegawa's Project Supernova paint scheme (with all the sponsoring decals), then I'd pick one up.

If they popped out a fire bomber Vf-19 or a M&M Vf22, Id get em in a heartbeat, but feel no need to worry with those odd 19 repaints or the gamlin Vf-22 considering thier price tags.

I think its past time for a Fire bomber 19, 11, and 17 that looks as good as Yamato can make them.

Not to be a jerk or be OT, but...

My 19 says hi.

Doesn't change the fact that Yamato didn't do anything other than the color swap in this release though.

post-9474-1250883183_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cent

Not to be a jerk or be OT, but...

My 19 says hi.

Doesn't change the fact that Yamato didn't do anything other than the color swap in this release though.

Yeah, I did the mods to minimize the intake gap and the shoulders but such easy fixes yamato should have done themselves.

ff95gj, wow, i love it, it looks really great, sooo jalous, but since i dont have the yf-21 or vf-22 yet, i have to wait, and hope they come on special. I already have the 25th aniversary scheme, but i think this one would look great next to it.

Can you please take a picture of it in batroid mode with the fps??? Thx in advance

Thanks everyone for watching... I hate the lighting of this batch of pics. I was so lazy to use the table lamp... and wasn't aware the problem till I went back to the computer.

Thanks for the pics ff95gj. How tight is it? Does it have the same looseness and floppyness as the original YF-19?

I don't have the original color YF-19... Only the 25th anni one. The shoulders are better (my black YF-19 sometimes can't hold up a gun too high), but overall it's the same. :(

I see that the wings aren't locked with the legs. Does that mean that that problem is still present

I do not know if it is (a) a known problem (is it?); (b) the factory worker didn't transform it properly when packing it. I have yet to investigate the problem again... My 25th anni YF-19 doesn't have this problem.

Can you please take a picture of it in batroid mode with the fps??? Thx in advance

Will do!

Most of the verniers are still black, yes, but only the ones that are detailed. The orange hexagons on the ankle, as well as the orange rectangles on the side, and the round dot on the shield.. those are supposed to be verniers as well.. at least, I've always seen them labeled as such. If not, I'd love an explanation of what those are.

Anyway, I was always under the assumption that there were reasons a lot of the details were black, especially the borders around the leg bays (hinges, exhaust vents for missiles, etc). I'm just not really impressed with what amounts to a simple color swap. It's like they just decided to make random bits orange for the heck of it, without differentiating between colored markings, and mechanical features. The stripes around the nose sensors, and the front of the canopy especially... painting those areas orange just doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Most of the verniers are still black, yes, but only the ones that are detailed. The orange hexagons on the ankle, as well as the orange rectangles on the side, and the round dot on the shield.. those are supposed to be verniers as well.. at least, I've always seen them labeled as such. If not, I'd love an explanation of what those are.

Anyway, I was always under the assumption that there were reasons a lot of the details were black, especially the borders around the leg bays (hinges, exhaust vents for missiles, etc). I'm just not really impressed with what amounts to a simple color swap. It's like they just decided to make random bits orange for the heck of it, without differentiating between colored markings, and mechanical features. The stripes around the nose sensors, and the front of the canopy especially... painting those areas orange just doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

I dunno, I can't believe that they would have verniers of that size with no detailing when much smaller thrusters get the thrusters molded in. I think the horizontal units on the ankle flare may be exhaust ports for leg missiles though.

I just received my VF-22S Sturmvogel...Is it just me, or is it not possible to attach the gunpods in fighter mode?

Not officially, no. Only the YF21 with the fast packs have the slots for the gunpods.

Non-canon, someone posted a picture in the VF22S thread that if you're lucky, 2 slots under the wings can fit the gunpods nicely. But don't force the pods in if they're not able to go in easily and smoothly, as it's really unofficial.