Surprise!

izzyfcuk

It's been quiet with announcements by Yamato lately?

True, but including the 22 Gamlin they have more that a half dozen things coming down the pipe. They might just be interested in getting thsoe out before annoucing anything else.

Dunno, the 22's would probably be limited run then?

I can see the run up on those already if they would be limited, but on the other hand I'm sure Yamato knows they'll p[robably sell every one of those they make. Gamlin is arguably a bigger risk than M&M.

At first glance the transformable kit there does look better, but you start to notice a lot of places where it falls short:

1. No tabs at the end of the wings to lock into the legs in fighter. You see a gap between the wings and the legs in the first pic.

2. chest isn't wide enough. This helps reduce the carved out upper thighs problem the Yammie has, but the whole chest in battroid looks pretty squashed, and is not properly cupping around the nosecone.

3. Hands dont seem to fold into arms when in fighter. Not anime accurate.

4. Crotch area is completely different to lineart and anime in battroid mode.

5. Backpack looks a little big. Bigger than the yammie even. I think its cause of that arm assembly in the back there (look at pic 9)

6. Yamato did the collapsing leg compartment (to make way for the bulge in the stowed forearms) much better than this model kit. Page 19, right picture shows the huge gaps in the structure of the inner lower leg. Its because they tried to make the entire inner leg panel angle inwards, rather than have a single slot collapse. Still seems like the design suffered here since the lower forearms look pretty small.

7. The vertical stabilizers on the rear of the legs don't fold and lock upwards like the Yammies, and as a result, they are nearly dragging on the ground in gerwalk and battroid.

I think the Yammie design is far superior to this actually. What they need to do is to improve the joint looseness, have a locking chest, loosen the neck locking mechanism, and given the thrusters some more mobility and angle. The only thing Yamato could learn from this kit is the much better and sleeker looking neck curtain they have in fighter mode.

Edited by Cent

Look closely (even though the angles are horrible) and you will notice that the fan made transforming Hasegawa YF-19 kit's gullet isn't as sleek as the original (it was altered from the original kit). It hangs/bulges out a bit just like Yamato's.

***EDIT***

And I'm not referring to the crotch piece.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

yea, the gullet is thicker, and I can't quite understand whats going on, but the whole swappable landing gear section is never attached properly in any of the pictures. At first I thought it was the bay doors, but its not; that's further below. You'll see what i mean in the first 2 fighter pics.

I think the Yammie design is far superior to this actually. What they need to do is to improve the joint looseness, have a locking chest, loosen the neck locking mechanism, and given the thrusters some more mobility and angle. The only thing Yamato could learn from this kit is the much better and sleeker looking neck curtain they have in fighter mode.

Well first it proves that you can take a hase kit and make it transform. Also I think it does a better job of balancing fighter and battroid than the yamato does. neither the yamato nor the hase custom are line art accurate, but I like the compromises that the Hase custom made better than the yamato.

Also I prefer the collapsing leg part on the Hase custom to the yamato design.The execution on the yamato is better but yamato had the benefit of a full design team with CAD software and a fat R&D budget. The Hase was cobbled together in a workshop by a couple model builders.

the articulated panel on the hase is cleaner, it uses existing panel lines instead of cutting a big chunk out of the leg. You could make the panel line up perfectly if you had the time and resources.

FYI for all of you that pre-ordered the VF-22.

Overdrive announced today that Yamato announced the VF-22 would be released July 1st.

FYI for all of you that pre-ordered the VF-22.

Overdrive announced today that Yamato announced the VF-22 would be released July 1st.

Link?

(Hobby Search and HLJ still list the release as Jun..although it just as well could be the 30th at this point. <_< )

damn it, comon yamato, hurry up and get this vf-22s version out fast and done with, so that you can finnaly get max or millia color scheme... i cant wait to get at vf-21 or vf-22s!!! I dont like this new scheme that much, and the original yf-21 is fine, just that if i buy only 1, i want to have another scheme. Now unfortunately, the best scheme ever is the one by moq, the black-jack, and it is hopeless for me to think that yamato would do a nice scheme like that.

This is obviously the best scheme for a yf-21 / vf-22

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...10&hl=yf-21

now that the Yf-19 will be produced in white too makes the supernova sheme quite easy to make....

as yamato will never do it ( come on yamato !! )

When I did mine it was really time consuming to get it white

a red version could be nice !

:lol:

Edited by Ghostkiller

Saw the VF-22 in Hong Kong today. Going price is HK$1119 (c.US$143). It says limited to 500 pieces (not sure what that means). The box is pretty compact and similar in size to that of the VF-11 (kudos to Yamato for learning) but it has no stand.

Still, I think it looks awesome!

post-398-1246362269_thumb.jpg

What really sucks is that the stand attachment pieces that they included are for the YF-21 stand!!!! :angry: Check pics here at Hobby Search:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10090119

If your not going to include a stand please do not include stand attachments for a stand that is proprietary to the YF-21/SV-51! I was going to put this on my silver Yamato stand or possibly one of the new cheap Yamato stands that I fixed up. Good luck with that happening now! @$#@$@#$@%@%$^()$&_($^&@$_^(&^&@_^$&$_^&_$@^@&_$@&^_&^_($&^_@$!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: All that money I spent on Yamato stands and they do this........... :wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko:

10090119a.jpg

10090119a7.jpg

10090119p.jpg

10090119a8.jpg

I see they have gone purple nurple on the box art again. Oh well as long as the box is small that's all that really matters to me anyway.

I suppose I will have to shift things around now and free up a flexi.

Edited by logos

What really sucks is that the stand attachment pieces that they included are for the YF-21 stand!!!! :angry: Check pics here at Hobby Search:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10090119

If your not going to include a stand please do not include stand attachments for a stand that is proprietary to the YF-21/SV-51! I was going to put this on my silver Yamato stand or possibly one of the new cheap Yamato stands that I fixed up. Good luck with that happening now! @$#@$@#$@%@%$^()$&_($^&@$_^(&^&@_^$&$_^&_$@^@&_$@&^_&^_($&^_@$!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: All that money I spent on Yamato stands and they do this........... :wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko:

I suppose I will have to shift things around now and free up a flexi.

That sucks, they should have included an attachment for the standard stand too, since none is included.

Well I have a YF-21 but I use the stand for it it. If I had an Sv-51 I would be using the included stand for it. It's just dumb couldn't they make 2 extra plasitc pieces (considering the price) so that I would work with Yamato stands? Just Fu**'n DUMB!

OK now I feel a little dumb. I never noticed that nub on the adapter I use for my YF-21.................sorry I ranted somewhat. I'll have to figure out a way to use it in battroid then.