Surprise!

izzyfcuk

I had ordered from them before but I don`t remember getting an email like that before so I thought it was weird. Oh well thanks for clearing that up then.

And yeah I was holding out cause I figured Overdrive or Hobby Search would be cheaper too. At least I have it ordered through HLJ now.

Edited by logos

Just notice that the dimension of the box would be 300mm×360mm×100mm

Comparison:

1/48 box: :H360xW370xD140 (mm)

1/60 v.2: H325×W280×D105 (mm)

Bandi DX(VF-25F): 36.0 x 22.0 x 7.0 cm

So Yamato begins to save space finally. The VF-22S has a thinner box than the 1/60 v.2; and in terms of volume, it is now 58% of the 1/48 box (or the 1/60 YF-21 for that matter)!

Your assumption is correct. My understanding was that the YF-21 outperformed the YF-19, but the main issue was the brain interface. So, they retooled the YF-21 to have a standard control scheme, made some improvements (my understanding was the FAST packs became integrated) and called it the VF-22.

Vostok 7

Further, the military ALWAYS chooses the cheaper plane.

YF-22 vs YF-23

F-18 vs F-14

F-35 vs F-15

etcetera

Just got an Order Update from Overdrive:

Dear Customer

Due to a mistake by our distributer the VF-22 Gamlin Ver was mistakenly priced at $216.99. As the true retail price is 18800 yen we will be changing the price to $186.99. The difference in the price of $30 wil be refunded shortly.

I ordered from them before the price adjustment, but this makes me even more glad I sent them my business.

Overdrive Rocks! B))

Just got an Order Update from Overdrive:

I ordered from them before the price adjustment, but this makes me even more glad I sent them my business.

Overdrive Rocks! B))

Got the same message here. The way Overdrive keeps operating they're getting ALL of my Yamato business and maybe more.

Hell. I cancelled my two early bird orders with HLJ for the VF-22 and gave my business to Overdrive (even though with the early bird HLJ was like $1.75 cheaper for each). I really hesitate when giving my business to HLJ because of the time I ordered a Yamato 1/60 VF-0 Shin and VF-0S. The boxes came in super smashed down to the plastic tray and there was no bubble wrap or anything to absorb any of the damage. HLJ pretty much packed the valks in an exact 1:1 shipping box size.

canceled my pre-order with HLJ as well. I like that over-drive lets you add on to open orders and my experience with them when ordering replacement parts was so much smoother and cheaper than with HLJ.

Just notice that the dimension of the box would be 300mm×360mm×100mm

Comparison:

1/48 box: :H360xW370xD140 (mm)

1/60 v.2: H325×W280×D105 (mm)

Bandi DX(VF-25F): 36.0 x 22.0 x 7.0 cm

So Yamato begins to save space finally. The VF-22S has a thinner box than the 1/60 v.2; and in terms of volume, it is now 58% of the 1/48 box (or the 1/60 YF-21 for that matter)!

Nice... what was the original size of the YF-21 box? I thought they would've just re-used the same box but apparently not?

Nice... what was the original size of the YF-21 box? I thought they would've just re-used the same box but apparently not?

The YF-21 box is the same as that of the 1/48 VF-1s, H360xW370xD140.

The YF-21 box was around the same size as the 1/48 boxes.

Given that the VF-22 is not coming with the extra layers of packaging for the FAST packs and stand, I figured the box would not be as thick as the YF-21's.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I talked to a local toy store owner who has direct contact with Yamato in Hong Kong today. According to him, the exact number of VF-22S units that will be produced is still uncertain. The "1000 units" stated in the advertisement could mean different things, i.e. 1000 just for the domestic market in Japan and additional units for international market, 1000 for both domestic and international markets, etc... However, he assures me that there will definitely be only one production run, period.

Yamato's DNuts/Bird links up - both slated for June:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1363

PH1239764579.jpg

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1364

PH1241766293.jpg

Same colors on the Bird of Prey, but looks like the DNuts lost its red highlights.

Asks for passwords for the photozoomer...... <_<

Still getting these.

These are excellent for stripping and customizing!!! ^_^

Yes they could be, then again, do you really want to spend $$ huge amount and then strip it.. hmm maybe after playing with them for a while lol... perhaps slap on a few supernova decals on there and viola!

On official product details page, one of the selling points is that the QC is better now; better joints,better parts put together better, and everything would be more precise.

今まで数回の生産により世に出た「1/60 YF-19」ですが、今回の発売に併せた形で生産工場の検査基準を見直し、醍醐味でもある変形や可動関節、パーツの合わせ箇所等の検証を実施。精度が上がっています!

PH1239764579.jpg

PH1241766293.jpg

Same colors on the Bird of Prey, but looks like the DNuts lost its red highlights.

I'm hoping the Kite symbols on the nosecone will be tampo printed cause they are prone to peeling in the original YF-19. But I don't think i'll buy another 19 until they fix they fix the torso lock and loose joints problem.

PS Can anyone load the photo zoomer? Yamato keeps asking me for a password or something =.=;;

PH1239764579.jpg

PH1241766293.jpg

Hahaha, One of the 19s is just a Photoshopped pic of the other, I'm guessing it's the blue one since that was the one Yamato wasn't certain about. Way to go, Yamato, cutting costs on prototypes.

The customizing base idea makes it kind of appealing, but I need a real improvement over the Mac+ version to make me buy another 19. I'm more into the VF-22 right now.

Hahaha, One of the 19s is just a Photoshopped pic of the other, I'm guessing it's the blue one since that was the one Yamato wasn't certain about. Way to go, Yamato, cutting costs on prototypes.

No, the orange one is a shoop of the blue one. The coloring on the leg is a dead giveaway, the orange is to bright for how in shadow the leg is. Also the coloring isn't very good on the foreground tail fin, making it look flat. then there's subtle problems with the light reflection on the wings and wing roots.

actually from looking at all the pics it seems like the current nuts one is the original pic and both the bird AND the original nuts (blue and red) were both shoops.