Surprise!

izzyfcuk

There you go again pointing out your 'experience'-- if you haven't realised by now, my whole point is that assuming people know stuff just because they've been around awhile is wrong, just as assuming people don't know stuff because they are new is wrong. But whatever-- I've realized that quite a few people here don't seem to be able to admit their shortcomings.
Wait so you accused me of flaming, yet you're response is what now?
Just don't get disappointed if it turns out that the VF-22 is a one time deal only and they can't make anymore M7 or D7 VF's.
I doubt it is, I'm really hoping isn't a one time deal.
If it is a mecha by mecha deal, I doubt we'll see a VF-17 from either Yamato or Bandai. Bandai would not want Yamato releasing a VF-17, as they will likely release a VF-171. And Bandai is likely to concentrate on Frontier with the larger toys.
I think Bandai will eventually make DX versions of the VF-17, Fire Valkyrie, Blazer Valkyrie, VF-171 and VF-27, leaving Yamato to concentrate on the Macross 7/VFX-2/M3 versions of the VF-22 and VF-11. The VF-11 can be released in many ways, with heavy armor, Jamming birds VF-11D variant, VF-11MAXL, Max/Milia M3 colors, VF-11C, VFX-2 Ravens, et al. VF-22 can be repainted into Max/Milia colors as well as the blue/white VFX-2.

The VF-11 base model can be repainted and with a few changes to Superpacks and gunpods to these canon schemes if i remember correctly:

VF-11B (VF-X RAVENS)

VF-11B (Pink Peckers)

VF-11B (Milia)

VF-11C (M7) - Needs new Superpack boosters and gunpod

VF-11D needs a completely new front fuselage

VF-11MAXL needs pretty much an all new mold as it shares very little with the original VF-11.

For some reason i really like the VF-11D both in color and design, maybe because im a sucker for two seaters. Though the grey and blue looks really good and the visor head is cool.

But whatever-- I've realized that quite a few people here don't seem to be able to admit their shortcomings.

Ah, you must be using several mirrors then.

Oh wait, supposed to ignore! D'OH!

Ah, you must be using several mirrors then.

Oh wait, supposed to ignore! D'OH!

Haha says the guy who publicly acted nice, but then blocked my PMs when I tried to reply? What a great way to show that you really want a dialogue ^_^

SDK7.0 Just pointing out facts ^_^

Anyway, with what Graham posted in the other thread about Bandai letting the M7 and MD7 licenses lapse, I don't think we'll be seeing any VF-17s in 1/60 scale from Bandai anytime soon--especially with the extensive changes between the VF-17 and VF-171. If anything, inferring from what he said about toy licensing and the VF-22S release by Yamato, I think a 1/60 VF-17 from Yamato, however unlikely, would be more likely than a Bandai release. A 1/100 or 1/250 VF-17 from Bandai would be even more likely than any in 1/60 scale though.

Edited by edwin3060

The VF-11 base model can be repainted and with a few changes to Superpacks and gunpods to these canon schemes if i remember correctly:

VF-11B (VF-X RAVENS)

VF-11B (Pink Peckers)

VF-11B (Milia)

VF-11C (M7) - Needs new Superpack boosters and gunpod

VF-11D needs a completely new front fuselage

VF-11MAXL needs pretty much an all new mold as it shares very little with the original VF-11.

For some reason i really like the VF-11D both in color and design, maybe because im a sucker for two seaters. Though the grey and blue looks really good and the visor head is cool.

How about pictures of these valk designs?

SDK7.0 Just pointing out facts
The fact that you yourself resorted to flaming? Okay I can agree with that.

Haha says the guy who publicly acted nice, but then blocked my PMs when I tried to reply? What a great way to show that you really want a dialogue
I don't think whatever went to PM is supposed to be discussed publicly.
.... yeah, how about some PICTURES OF VALKS?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This. I'd love to see a VF-11D toy, the most unique VF-11 variant.

Please, could we end this pissing match? At this point, it really doesn't matter who's right or wrong, it's gone on for several pages and hasn't really gotten you two anywhere. If this needs to be discussed further, could it be taken to PMs rather than in this thread?

It would be much appreciated.

Though im not sure its possible to do a perfect transform heatshield on the 11D because of its long cockpit. There is no room to store the extra long shield pieces. Its tight as it is on the 11B.

Still i'd love to get one of each. VF-11B, C and D.

Ha, the Raven's VF-11 kinda makes me think that he pissed his pants, with the yellow crotch and all.

Protect Armor looks bad ass though. That shield looks like it came straight out of the Reactive Armor from the VF-0

the VF-11D is pretty sweet; I'm a sucker for 2 seaters, but the MAXL has always been like a joke =/.

Ha, the Raven's VF-11 kinda makes me think that he pissed his pants, with the yellow crotch and all.

Protect Armor looks bad ass though. That shield looks like it came straight out of the Reactive Armor from the VF-0

the VF-11D is pretty sweet; I'm a sucker for 2 seaters, but the MAXL has always been like a joke =/.

2 seaters, armor, and delta-winged for the win.

I wouldn't mind a MAXL, as long as it's not pink and doesn't have speaker boobs...

Also, maybe less feminized feet.

Though im not sure its possible to do a perfect transform heatshield on the 11D because of its long cockpit. There is no room to store the extra long shield pieces. Its tight as it is on the 11B.
I think it's possible depending on how big the fuselage aft of the canopy is, kind of like the VF-1D was compared to the A/J/S toys in the v2 1/60 series.

Please, could we end this pissing match? At this point, it really doesn't matter who's right or wrong, it's gone on for several pages and hasn't really gotten you two anywhere. If this needs to be discussed further, could it be taken to PMs rather than in this thread?

It would be much appreciated.

I'd really love to, but as you can see:

laugh.gif rolleyes.gif dry.gif

conclusion: wacko.gif

there's a hypocrite who keeps harping on the issue..and blocked my PMs even though he publicly said that he wants a dialogue... what am I to do? :wacko:

kanedaestes They could just retcon the design just like they did the VF-22S-- so that there is no heatshield required. Or, they could extend the fuselage behind the canopy in order to accommodate the heatshield, while shortening the cockpit so that the heatshield wouldn't be too much bigger like they did with the VF-1D. In fact, solving it the VF-1D way would be easier because the legs no longer have to attach to the bottom of the nosecone ^_^ So the solution would be easier to implement than the VF-1D.

alright, got a couple of complaints. I hope you guys reached the end of that argument... back to topic please... no ifs, no buts, no excuses, no apologies... tnx!

(puts finger on suspension button.... MWUAHAHAHAHAHA)

hahah.

back on topic tho wake me up when Max 22 comes out!

I wish Yamato would get it done and over with and announce their acquisition of the M7 and MD7 licenses for 1/60!! (If they have done so :p) I wonder what they are waiting for?

I start to wonder the typical sales of a Yamato product...

It seems to me that 1,000 is sufficient to satisfy a good percentage of the market?

Once I've thought that the 1000 limited Fan Racer would be very limited... But I can see the pre-order offer everywhere.

P.S. I passed when I saw Fan Racer at HK$450 (US$58). But I fell for HK$400 (US$51). Now this is price-sensitive.

Let's argue about something else...

The main thing is the big yellow text: "Limited production 1000 unit."

But before you panic, see this, "800 unit limited re-issue." :wacko:

av-430.jpg

OMG NOOOO!! Is this the new low viz?

Let's argue about something else...

http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/HBY-ACF-00001551

HBY-ACF-00001551.0.jpg

The main thing is the big yellow text: "Limited production 1000 unit."

But before you panic, see this, "800 unit limited re-issue." :wacko:

Argh. I was waiting on Anime-Export or Overdrive to have these up for pre-order, but if this is a limited run, it doesn't look like it will happen.

The earlybird pre-order for HLJ has passed by now as well :angry:

I don't understand why they would go through the trouble of getting the license to make this and then have a very limited run which would limit how much money they could make from it unless they think demand is going to be extremely low. And if that's the case, why bother to go through the trouble in the first place?

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Anybody hear if Hobby Search is going to be getting ahold of these? I would order with Overdrive but I don't want to pay for the preorder right now.

Anybody hear if Hobby Search is going to be getting ahold of these? I would order with Overdrive but I don't want to pay for the preorder right now.

Same here, blew too much on Warhammer last month...:(

I don't understand why they would go through the trouble of getting the license to make this and then have a very limited run which would limit how much money they could make from it unless they think demand is going to be extremely low. And if that's the case, why bother to go through the trouble in the first place?

Just look at the rush of pre-orders here! I think they understand their customers quite well.

May be Graham can ask Yamato if it is a real limited one time only release, or a 1000 unit first batch and 800 unit next month kind of "limit" with the Patlabor.

booo, I just placed a pre-order with HLJ. oh well.

HLJ let you cancel pre-order.

Its probably the 1st batch release is limited to 1,000 units. Yamato probably would gauge how well the sales of the first batch before deciding the number of units for the next release.