Why the hate for the 1/48's?

ErikElvis

I believe people don't HATE the 1/48s per se, just that people some people PREFER the 1/60 V2.0s for whatever reasons, just like some will PREFER the 1/48s for some other reasons

Either way, it simply means that there are more choices for collectors to choose from. (specially those who aren't keeping the 1/48s as an investment). I know I'm not complaining... ^_^

QFT! I won't complain either. I know that I do not own any 1/48s. But that's just because I'm not really into that size. And for the reasons that Dangard Ace just said as well.

The Destroids, VT-1 and VE-1 will be out, so I don't see any reasons why there shouldn't be any Angel Birds or Low Vis and Stealth.
Considering that the Angel Birds is still readily available in 1/48 and not really flying off shelves...

I can see Yamato waiting to release an Angel Birds a while from now, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. I could be wrong.

I believe people don't HATE the 1/48s per se, just that people some people PREFER the 1/60 V2.0s for whatever reasons, just like some will PREFER the 1/48s for some other reasons

Either way, it simply means that there are more choices for collectors to choose from. (specially those who aren't keeping the 1/48s as an investment). I know I'm not complaining...

Agreed.

I do hate paying $100+(shipping included) every time I want one; I'm aware there is many external factors involved however, such as the cost of petroleum, the financial crisis, rising cost of labor in China, et, al.

^_^ ^_^

4) Fuselage nose is too long and FAT!????

Haha, man. This is definitely the advantage. Vf-1 is a man thing, and it must like a REAL MAN, right? (Hope I show what I mean clearly)

1/48 hate? No. Love. No. I like them enough to keep one in each mode but I prefer my scales to be the same throughout a series.

As been said:

1) Upper arms are too long.

2) Chest is too big.

3) Hands are too small.

4) Fuselage nose is too long and FAT.

etc

etc

etc

^_^ ^_^

4) Fuselage nose is too long and FAT!????

Haha, man. This is definitely the advantage. Vf-1 is a man thing, and it must like a REAL MAN, right? (Hope I show what I mean clearly)

May I say "That's what she said"?

But, that said, the big nose makes it more anime accurate than the 1/60, which has a POINTY nose. The VF-1 has a VERY curved-off nose.

Uh yeah. Have you seen SDFM? Lineart on page 32 of the Macross Design Works? We had this argument when the 1/48 first came out versus the original 1/60. The nose is not that fat. The canopy is not that bulbous(though that is what current planes look like). The canopy IS bulbous on the PS2/Sega can't remember which, opening sequence video game.

HAHA... this thread is turning into "why the hate for the 1/60's" :p

No no. It is turning into why I hate ppl who thinks 1/60s are so superior to 1/48s. *COUGH* AgentGHQ *COUGH* Granted 1/60s are good and all but the arm shoulder piece breaking off pretty much got me rethinking twice. Macrossman hit the nail on the head. I think 1/48s have a more real world feel vs slightly goofy 1/60.

Ignoring the line art all together for a second, I think the 1/48 nose just looks better than the v.2 1/60. the longer pointier nose looks better and the canopy on the v.2 looks too tall with the pilot too far forward.

the v.1 1/60 is a over exaggerated, Too pointy and needle like. the 1/60 is overly stubby. the 1/48 is right in the middle.

I think both of them capture the essence of the cartoon just fine. They do have differences but it is a "saturday morning" cartoon after all. Its not like its drawn to a blueprint. The big guys just look so much cooler to me. I dont analyze line arts and I haent really inspected a 1/60 but the 1/48 is just about perfect to me.

Pretty much... what ErikElvis said. Basically, IMO, the 1/48 is more aesthetically inclined to fighter mode and the 1/60 v2 is more aesthetically inclined towards battroid mode (sans the collar issue of course), pls a few improvements.

I like how the shoulders on the 1/48 have a seperate joint from the ball joint to pivot to the side. The new 1/60 has the pivoting articulation and all shoulder rotation done from one ball joint. On the 1/48, it's easier to move the arms due to the dedicated pivot joints. I also prefer the way the nose hatch works on the 1/48.

I like how the nose hatch and the calf mounts for the FAST packs close up and don't leave big gaping holes in fightermode.

I'm not clear on what you mean as I don't have a 1/60 VF-1 yet. Are there gaping holes in those areas for the 1/60's fighter mode?

EDIT: Nevermind, took a look at some pics of the 1/60 VF-1s and saw the holes in the back of the legs.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I'm not clear on what you mean as I don't have a 1/60 VF-1 yet. Are there gaping holes in those areas for the 1/60's fighter mode?

EDIT: Nevermind, took a look at some pics of the 1/60 VF-1s and saw the holes in the back of the legs.

I like the 1/60 V2 better, it's in good size and well engineered. When I look at the 1/48 in battroid mode with the screws exposed at the back, it's kinda turn me off.