1/48 Minmay Guard Stickers/Decals

Anasazi37

I have some time to kill before I get my ALPS printer back from the repair facility, so I am taking the opportunity to finish up the design work on several sets--among them 1/48 Blue Roses (all three variants), 1/48 Enigma, 1/60 Elint and Ostrich, 1/55 Minmay Guard, and 1/48 Minmay Guard. The Blue Roses, Enigma, and 1/48 MG sets are done and the Elint, Ostrich, and 1/55 MG sets are almost done. Just wanted to share some sample pics of the 1/48 MG set. This wasn't quite as difficult to design as the 1/60 set, but it still took quite some time.

The original 1/72 model:

MG_model.jpg

And here's the 1/48 set (basic decals will come later):

MG_148_1.jpg

MG_148_2.jpg

It will be cool to see someone customise a 1/48 VF-1S in eith Bluerose scheme or the Minmay guard scheme with the decals of Devin. Hey Devin if you have time, please do the 1/72 Blueroses decalsfor the hasegawa Stike battroid for me. By the way Devin, would you be offering the 1/48 valks and 1/48 Fps decals/stickers set at the end of the year again for ordering? Hope this time your Alps printer wun die on you again, touch wood.

Cheers

I'll get some demo/prototype pictures posted once I get my printer back from the ALPS repair facility. I'll print out a set of stickers and slap'em on my 1/48 VF-1S. Should be in about a week. I haven't finished my own Minmay Guard customs just yet. Those are also waiting until my ALPS printer returns....

I'll get some demo/prototype pictures posted once I get my printer back from the ALPS repair facility. I'll print out a set of stickers and slap'em on my 1/48 VF-1S. Should be in about a week. I haven't finished my own Minmay Guard customs just yet. Those are also waiting until my ALPS printer returns....

Been overworking it have you? :lol:

Been overworking it have you? :lol:

You could say that.... A lot of MW members order stickers and decals and the work load was bound to wear out the printer at some point. It's costing me $400 to get it fixed, but it's worth it if I can keep helping Macross fans. I'm still figuring out how I will cover the cost of repairs, though.... :unsure:

OH man Anasazi37 , I have been salivating over these for awhile. Now I have to figure a way to afford another 1/48. I have an extra 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru that I took the armor and put to the VF-1D so I'll use that for the 1/60 version...Let us know when your ready for the preorders... :)

Beautiful work. Any chance of copying Hasegawa's production 1/78 Minmay Guard decals for 1/48 Yamatos?

I personally don't like the Hasegawa production version, but a certain MW member is commissioning me to make a 1/48 set in the near future. I'm not sure if he will want it to be widely available or not. I'll have to ask....

You could say that.... A lot of MW members order stickers and decals and the work load was bound to wear out the printer at some point. It's costing me $400 to get it fixed, but it's worth it if I can keep helping Macross fans. I'm still figuring out how I will cover the cost of repairs, though.... :unsure:

Why not bump the cost of each sticker or decal sheet up a couple of bucks? With the amount of orders you get, that would probably help a lot and I don't think anyone would complain about helping you out.

You could say that....  A lot of MW members order stickers and decals and the work load was bound to wear out the printer at some point.  It's costing me $400 to get it fixed, but it's worth it if I can keep helping Macross fans.  I'm still figuring out how I will cover the cost of repairs, though....  :unsure:

Why not bump the cost of each sticker or decal sheet up a couple of bucks? With the amount of orders you get, that would probably help a lot and I don't think anyone would complain about helping you out.

I thought about that, but I don't want to do it unless I have no other choice. If I do increase the prices, it won't be a big increase. Maybe a buck or two. I am trying to keep my prices down as much as possible so everyone can afford the sets. We already spend enough of our hard-earned money on toys, models, etc. The last thing I want to do is put my work beyond the reach of fellow collectors :(

• 2 weeks later...

My printer arrived yesterday (thank goodness) so I am back in business. Some members wanted to see a 1/48 Minmay Guard prototype and I needed to test out the new printer, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. I printed out a set of stickers and slapped them on my 1/48 Focker. Not pretty, but you'll get the idea that everything fits properly. :D

Edit: The nosecone fell off while I was taking pictures....

Here's a front view:

post-4-1069221911_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anasazi37

My printer arrived yesterday (thank goodness) so I am back in business. Some members wanted to see a 1/48 Minmay Guard prototype and I needed to test out the new printer, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. I printed out a set of stickers and slapped them on my 1/48 Focker. Not pretty, but you'll get the idea that everything fits properly. :D

Edit: The nosecone fell off while I was taking pictures....

Here's a front view:

Hi Devin,

Besides the 1/48 scale, will the minmay guard decals be done in other scales like 1/60, 1/55 or 1/72. Howbout the Blueroses decals?

When would you be offering the 1/48 valkyrie and 1/48 Fps stickers/decals for ordering again?

Thanks

Cheers

awesome !!! :o . There are so many artists among mwers and you belong to the best :lol:

Hey alftien,

If you want are ordering from devin, would you like to join orders together with me, that way we can save on the shipping cost. By the way im also interested in the 1/48 Valkyrie as well the 1/48 Fps set..would get 4 of each as well as the blueroses and minmay guard if they are available in 1/72 scale.

Cheers

Why the heck was this thread moved to the "how to" forum when other custom projects are in the toys section?! This isn't a "how to" thread.... <_<

Anyway, for those who want to order this set (and others), I will have them available in a week or two. I am trying to complete all outstanding orders before taking new ones.

Hey alftien,

If you want are ordering from devin, would you like to join orders together with me, that way we can save on the shipping cost. By the way im also interested in the 1/48 Valkyrie as well the 1/48 Fps set..would get 4 of each as well as the blueroses and minmay guard if they are available in 1/72 scale.

Cheers

hey i want some as well, joint orders?

Hey alftien,

Cheers

hey i want some as well, joint orders?

Hey izzyfcuk, no probs man.

We could join orders and get this batch of awesome 1/48 decals/stickers for our valkyries and Fps. It beats yamato stock stickers anytime as well as gives a better appearance and new definition to the entire look.

Perhaps we could consolidate with alftien on how what he wants and how many he needs.

Let me start first

1/48 VF-1S Roy: 3 sets

1/48 VF-1S Max: 1 set

1/48 Fps : 3 sets

others

1/72 Blueroses 002 set : 2 set

1/72 Egnima set : 1 set

Mind me proposing something, we could probably hold off till the 1/48 VF-1J comes in and when devin finishes designing for them and haves them for order, then we could order all of them at one shot.

Then again, i dun wish to overburden Devin, we could order the basic sets first. Then order the 1/48 VF-1J set separately again. Any other takers in this deal? Perhaps toonz will be pretty much interested in them too.

Hey Devin, i was wondering what happened to the original thread. Glad i was able to locate it here.

Cheers