Yoko Kanno Concert (with Mac F)

Tochiro

Ok. Lets make a list of all people that are going to the concert. We can meet before going in to decide where are we going afterwards. Saitama shintoshin, where the Saitama Super Arena is, it's not a big place so we might move to Shinjuku, Ikebukuro or Ueno to search for a place to eat, drink, karaoke, etc.

So people speak up! :lol:

Sounds perfect. I'm in!

I'm most familiar with Shinjuku since I live around there but really I'm cool with anywhere you guys want to go afterwards. :D

Shinjuku's fine with me.

Hey Gubaba, CONGRATULATIONS!

Same goes to everyone else who got tics - this is seriously a once in a lifetime event.

Its looking like we will have a much larger foreign contingent than at the Mac F concerts too.

Was I right about the auction prices or what? ;-)

Hey Gubaba, CONGRATULATIONS!

Same goes to everyone else who got tics - this is seriously a once in a lifetime event.

Its looking like we will have a much larger foreign contingent than at the Mac F concerts too.

Was I right about the auction prices or what? ;-)

I will be at the 4th floor. but it seems that i will be facing the stage.

Shinjuku's fine. The thing is can we get everyone together?

I will be at the 4th floor. but it seems that i will be facing the stage.

Shinjuku's fine. The thing is can we get everyone together?

I know almost nothing about the concert...anyone know how long it'll run? And it takes...what, about 45 minutes to get back to Tokyo from Saitama, right?

Does this mean we'll be out all night? (If so, I'm game. I'll probably still be roughly on Pacific Time...not sure about my friend though.)

I know almost nothing about the concert...anyone know how long it'll run? And it takes...what, about 45 minutes to get back to Tokyo from Saitama, right?

Does this mean we'll be out all night? (If so, I'm game. I'll probably still be roughly on Pacific Time...not sure about my friend though.)

It will run for 2 hours and a half? From Saitama shintoshin to Shinjuku its 30 min. Expect packed trains. Well for me would be a an all nighter, since I live around Yokohama it would be too late to get home. I just take the first train. And taking the day off from work. :mellow:

It will run for 2 hours and a half? From Saitama shintoshin to Shinjuku its 30 min. Expect packed trains. Well for me would be a an all nighter, since I live around Yokohama it would be too late to get home. I just take the first train. And taking the day off from work. :mellow:

Sounds good to me. My friend is only taking one day off of work, but I don't know if it's the day OF the concert or the day AFTER the concert. I'm assuming the former, since she lives in Shizuoka.

If that's the case (and I'll send an email to her right after I finish this), she and I will probably be parting ways in Shinjuku, and then I'll just intend on spending a few hours talking Seatbelts and May'n with you guys. ^_^

Congrats to all those who got tickets! Lucky! May the anima spirita of all the MW members be with you. :D

I will anxiously await your posts about the event. :)

An all nighter huh? Sounds good! If anyone is super desperate, we can certainly come back to my place to crash or hang for a bit.

And, Dreamweaver, your signature is epic win! A Yoko AND Battlestar fan? Should we be picking out china patterns or what :D

An all nighter huh? Sounds good! If anyone is super desperate, we can certainly come back to my place to crash or hang for a bit.

And, Dreamweaver, your signature is epic win! A Yoko AND Battlestar fan? Should we be picking out china patterns or what :D

Plug in the BSG DVDs and pump up the KY track list, and I can die a happy man. :D

Plug in the BSG DVDs and pump up the KY track list, and I can die a happy man. :D

Why, dreamweaver...I do believe you're flirting... ;)

Anyway, thanks arielle-san!

Should we all try to meet up in Saitama or wait until we get to Shinjuku?

EDIT: I'm a little unsure whether we should continue this in PM form, or if we should leave it open so that anybody who wants to join us can do so... :unsure:

Edited by Gubaba

EDIT: I'm a little unsure whether we should continue this in PM form, or if we should leave it open so that anybody who wants to join us can do so... :unsure:

I do think i would be better if we try to get together in Saitama. Let's keep this open so people can join us but I'll PM my phone number and e-mail latter so we can coordinate on that day. Yyrkoon is coming from France and we're going together. How many people can we reune?

:huh:

aw shut up, you. last i checked, my hikaru avatar's cheeks ain't even red. :rolleyes:

even though i wouldn't be a part of it, i can't help but be excited about your little MW get-together for the YK concert. feels kinda... historic. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
From what I have read on http://gabrielarobin.com, there will be no DVD from this concert. Here are the links to the posts about it :

http://gabrielarobin.com/2241/a-little-mor...e-of-77-despair

http://gabrielarobin.com/2173/kanno-guests-in-j-wave-platon

But I still hope that there will be a DVD from this awesome concert...

Well there goes my hopes and dreams :lol: Oh well, at least I have the movie to look forward to ^_^

Well there goes my hopes and dreams :lol: Oh well, at least I have the movie to look forward to ^_^

Hope dies last, if not official DVD then maybe some of the fans will record the show with cameras or phones. It's better then nothing <_<

Anyway I wish all people who will be at this concert a great time and have fun.

Hope dies last, if not official DVD then maybe some of the fans will record the show with cameras or phones. It's better then nothing <_<

Anyway I wish all people who will be at this concert a great time and have fun.

Yeah hopefully, like how they done in Mac F concert ha

Is it possible to both be happy for people and hate them at the same time? That's kinda how I feel now, course getting out to Japan at this point would be an impossiblity for me anyways, but DAMN.

I hate you all so much. :angry:

But seriously, have a good time, and take and post pics. From the concert and you MW afterparty.

Is it possible to both be happy for people and hate them at the same time? That's kinda how I feel now, course getting out to Japan at this point would be an impossiblity for me anyways, but DAMN.

I hate you all so much. :angry:

But seriously, have a good time, and take and post pics. From the concert and you MW afterparty.

Nyah nyah! :p

It might. Maybe.

Wow, this thread is still going! hehehe

Not to sound like a wet blanket, but having already been to the Mac F concert, Im hoping for a wider range of Kannos works with this one. The Warsaw Philharmonics presence points to a lot of Escaflowne and Turn A Gundam imo. I think 10-20% Mac F tunes overall would strike the right balance.

Oh, and for anyone not going, jump on Amazon Japan and grab the May'N concert DVD. Its the closest youll get to a Macross Concert - awesome little disc that even features a guest duest with Basara!

But buy it please, dont DL it. Theres little enough live Macross stuff as it is - we need to support it as much as possible.

Who knows, maybe we will get more Kanno or Mac concerts in the future!

Wow, this thread is still going! hehehe

Not to sound like a wet blanket, but having already been to the Mac F concert, Im hoping for a wider range of Kannos works with this one. The Warsaw Philharmonics presence points to a lot of Escaflowne and Turn A Gundam imo. I think 10-20% Mac F tunes overall would strike the right balance.

Oh, and for anyone not going, jump on Amazon Japan and grab the May'N concert DVD. Its the closest youll get to a Macross Concert - awesome little disc that even features a guest duest with Basara!

But buy it please, dont DL it. Theres little enough live Macross stuff as it is - we need to support it as much as possible.

Who knows, maybe we will get more Kanno or Mac concerts in the future!

Actually, if it's 10%, that'll be more than I'm expecting. Since it seems like it's more of a commemorative concert, so I'm expecting a wide range of stuff. Even if they do only "Diamond Crevasse," "Seikan Hikou," and " "Lion," I'll go home happy.

I think what I really want to hear is Cowboy Bebop music.

And yes, "May'n Act" is great. Megumi's coming out with a DVD soon also.

I really hope someone records it!!! Without cuts!

Well, they are pretty harsh on photography in concerts here. At the Mac F concert I even had to conceal a camera to take pics of cosplayers in the lobby. Theres usually a bag check and sometimes a metal detector at these kinds of events from experience.

But still, you never know...

Well, they are pretty harsh on photography in concerts here. At the Mac F concert I even had to conceal a camera to take pics of cosplayers in the lobby. Theres usually a bag check and sometimes a metal detector at these kinds of events from experience.

But still, you never know...

I saw Tokyo Jihen at Zepp Tokyo about a year and a half ago, and it was a similar situation. Clearly, someone managed to get something through, since one of the songs from that night showed up on YouTube, but I have no idea how they did it.

I saw Tokyo Jihen at Zepp Tokyo about a year and a half ago, and it was a similar situation. Clearly, someone managed to get something through, since one of the songs from that night showed up on YouTube, but I have no idea how they did it.

Yeah, and yoou have to wonder how sucky it would be to stand there trying to film instead of actually enjoying the concert, you know?

You got into Tokyo Jihen?!?! Thats awesome! Every time Shiina holds a concert I try to get in - but I've never been able to score tickets.

Yeah, and yoou have to wonder how sucky it would be to stand there trying to film instead of actually enjoying the concert, you know?

You got into Tokyo Jihen?!?! Thats awesome! Every time Shiina holds a concert I try to get in - but I've never been able to score tickets.

Luckily, they were playing for four nights (two one week, two the next). The first night, I stood outside the venue with a big sign saying "PLEASE SELL ME A TICKET!" in Japanese.

I didn't get in that night, but I met a very nice high school girl who sold me her ticket for one of the following nights. I had to go out to Hachioji to pick it up though, which was a real pain. And then I was stuck with a ticket that was very clearly NOT FOR RESALE, but also very clearly had the name "HARA SAUKRAKO" printed on it. Luckily, the people working the concert didn't care.

Still, I had fun telling everyone that I traveled an hour out of Tokyo to carry out an illicit transaction of a financial nature with a sixteen-year-old girl. ^_^

Anyway, yeah. I should be packing now....I'll be arriving in Tokyo Saturday afternoon, and I'll probably get in touch with josue after I get to the hotel.

Edited by Gubaba

Luckily, they were playing for four nights (two one week, two the next). The first night, I stood outside the venue with a big sign saying "PLEASE SELL ME A TICKET!" in Japanese.

I didn't get in that nice, but I met a very nice high school girl who sold me her ticket for one of the following nights. I had to go out to Hachioji to pick it up though, which was a real pain. And then I was stuck with a ticket that was very clearly NOT FOR RESALE, but also very clearly had the name "HARA SAUKRAKO" printed on it. Luckily, the people working the concert didn't care.

Still, I had fun telling everyone that I traveled an hour out of Tokyo to carry out an illicit transaction of a financial nature with a sixteen-year-old girl. ^_^

Anyway, yeah. I should be packing now....I'll be arriving in Tokyo Saturday afternoon, and I'll probably get in touch with josue after I get to the hotel.

You crack me up you know? :lol: Just call me I will be around Tokyo saturday. I'm meeting Yrkoon from the gabrielarobin.com who is coming with me to the concert. Just ring me up.

Have a nice trip.

You crack me up you know? :lol: Just call me I will be around Tokyo saturday. I'm meeting Yrkoon from the gabrielarobin.com who is coming with me to the concert. Just ring me up.

Have a nice trip.

Aha, so YOU are the guy he was referring to. Its a good think you had a ticket handy because that twat booked his plane ticket before even knowing if he could get into the concert...sigh...kids these days.

Im heading out to meet a friend from Aus who is flying in for the concert tonight. I think I'm going to take him to Eva 2.0 tomorrow. Its my 2nd time like a Kanno concert, seeing Eva on the big screen is one of those things you can usually only do in Japan ;-)

Heres hoping they have some decent merch at the concert on Tuesday - some Tshirts and posters are what Im after so fingers crossed.

Getting up for work on Wednesday is gonna be soooo rough....sigh ^^;