-_- YF 19 FP: What's with the secrecy?

Nani?!

Look at a hesegawa -19 and imagine if it was variable as it is.  The head and arm proportions, the gear, shoulders, hip/groin section, all require a lot of attention to detail, and durability is also a factor.  The FP's complicate matters.

Does anyone have a screen capture or any other sort of picture of the -19 with FP?

so what was this "big leak" business? anyone care to tell, or is there another thread with the details?

Long story, people got burned, people left/banned themselves.

That's the long and short of it :D

which toy did info get leaked on?

It was not a single toy it was the entire line up that got leaked.

so what was this "big leak" business? anyone care to tell, or is there another thread with the details?

Long story, people got burned, people left/banned themselves.

That's the long and short of it :D

which toy did info get leaked on?

It was not a single toy it was the entire line up that got leaked.

was the list quadrono showed everyone?

Quadrono639?? Because if so, yeah she showed me the list. And I got my first Yammie today!!!!! I still can't transform it to Gerwalk OR Battroid mode! It's too difficult!! The pictures in the "How to Transform" don't help that much! I'm afraid of breaking it!! :o

It's coming, but the YF-19 is one of the most difficult VFs to design a really good, accurate toy of. Those of you who have really thought about this and studied the issue will know what I mean. The groin/front landing gear area and back of the legs/shoulder areas are real challenges. Pictures will be released as soon as Yamato is happy with the design. I trust you all want a good toy, so just be patient. Give them time to get it right rather than rush the design.

Of course something like the Q-Rau which does not transform and is a much simpler design will be finished quicker.

Graham

I concure to that Graham! :) Anyway, I think Yamato wants to spend most of their effort in perfecting this toy, due to the fact that their previous releases were a bust.

It's coming, but the YF-19 is one of the most difficult VFs to design a really good, accurate toy of. Those of you who have really thought about this and studied the issue will know what I mean. The groin/front landing gear area and back of the legs/shoulder areas are real challenges. Pictures will be released as soon as Yamato is happy with the design. I trust you all want a good toy, so just be patient. Give them time to get it right rather than rush the design.

Of course something like the Q-Rau which does not transform and is a much simpler design will be finished quicker.

Graham

I concure to that Graham! :) Anyway, I think Yamato wants to spend most of their effort in perfecting this toy, due to the fact that their previous releases were a bust.

well, I'm sorry, but I do not agree with you, fury. B))

I have a vf-19 and a very close friend of mine has a yf-19 (v2). Well, I know that we can't compare the quality of a 1/48 or even a 1/60 vf-1 with our yf-vf/19 ;) . We have to think that the 19 was yamato's first attempt in doing a macross-line product. And, even though it was NOT perfect, and was not absent of QC issues, there wasn't anything in the market that could be compared with it. In fact, it received the 'toy of the year' award.

BTW, Yamato made a public... how can I say... declaration of the type: "we're sorry; yes, the damn tab B is a QC issue, we'll correct it" :( and they did. And then came versions 1.2 and 2 of the yf, and finally, the vf version. How many companies (not only toy companies, but software, food...) do you know that did something like this? With just a few exceptions, every one of them tries to justify themselves, not to make public 'we made a mistake'. :angry:

Yep, I like yamato. But I'm not a 'yamato fan' or whatever. I just like the way they focus and solution their problems. And, no one should ever question their innovative energy. And no one should ever forget that there is no perfect toy. In fact, in every new version, they are improving and improving (well, yf-21FP aka purple eater is the exception).

mcpaz

THE HORSE IS DEAD

This is old news for a couple of months ago, leave it alone we lost a couple of productive members over that whole issue. Let it go, Give Yamato their secracy if thats the way they want to work, let them.

You know, that kind of language only makes the uninformed more curious. ;)

"We lost some good men and women on that one...I can't talk about it."

Edited by Draykov

In fact, in every new version, they are improving and improving (well, yf-21FP aka purple eater is the exception).

The YF-21FP *IS* an improvement over the earlier YF-21, even if it's only in the leg folding area and in the addition of the FP, of course!. The color thing isn't quite appropriate to the YF-21 but IS as much as the VF-X2 scheme or Low-Viz scheme is. I wish they had they just reserved it for a VF-22S. :)

But the YF/VF-19 sculpt has some major issues with its proportions and accuracy... it's worse than the YF-21 in that regard by far and the YF-21FP did improve over the previous one in fighter mode. I like my VF-19A, but have higher expectations of the YF-19FP.

One thing I want to comment to some of the replies is...

I never said that yamato should hurry up in production or rush anything out the door ASAP. I dunno if most of you followed yamato for the first version of the YF 19 a long while ago, but I waited patiently, beeming with anticipation whenever bits of info on it appeared on the net.

What I hope for is not a rushed valk... Yamato can take their time to perfect it...

And YES hurricaine, they can and have the option of staying secretive.

But it is also MY option and right as a customer and a fan to question what the secracy is about.

What I hope for is SOME info directly from yamato regarding the progress of this valk... At least when the first version was delayed time and time again, they had some bits of info on why it was delayed...

All I hope for is some communication....

I think with the growing number of fans yamato has amassed since then, communication should be better, not more stubborn and secretive....

In reply to Graham, I really appreciate the info though how minute it is. I just dont understand how yamato thinks a select few should be able to observe the progress and then to shut them up completely....

I think it's cruel...

What I hope for is SOME info directly from yamato regarding the progress of this valk... At least when the first version was delayed time and time again, they had some bits of info on why it was delayed...

Dear Nani?!-san,

We are most humbly working on it.

Regards,

Yamato Toys, Inc.

In reply to Graham, I really appreciate the info though how minute it is. I just dont understand how yamato thinks a select few should be able to observe the progress and then to shut them up completely....

Am I sensing some back-handed gratitude? ;)

Edited by Draykov

In fact, in every new version, they are improving and improving (well, yf-21FP aka purple eater is the exception).

The YF-21FP *IS* an improvement over the earlier YF-21, even if it's only in the leg folding area and in the addition of the FP, of course!.

Well, I agree, but not 100%. <_<

I have both versions of yf-21, and I have to say (it's a personal opinion, of course) that I deeply love B)) my older version, much more than the newer. In fact, it's so damn hard (in terms of physical force) to transform it to another thing than fighter that I have decided to leave it in that mode forever. And the hip joints are so loose... I can't pose it without a lot of effort (and I know that the feet are redesigned, and all that).

So, the 'disagree percent' go to the part related to the effectiveness of the improvemens. I mean, yes, the have really improved the original yf design, but, did it worth the cost?

1.- Yes, no 'leg gap' in fighter mode - > HARD to transform (not good improvement).

2.- Hip redesign - > Loose joints, you can't pose your robot (not good improvement).

3.- Front landing gear - > the old one was better (by my criteria)

4.- Color: well, I like more, much more, the old one.

More variations, like feet redesign (VERY good!!), shoulders, FP addition... are eclipsed mainly by the 3 things stated above.

Of course, Uxi, redesign and improvements are there. But at what price? I still think it's not worthy. Please don't get me wrong, I still like it very much (after all, it's the 2nd best yf-21 in the market, isn't it?).

Regards,

Manu

Of course, Uxi, redesign and improvements are there. But at what price? I still think it's not worthy. Please don't get me wrong, I still like it very much (after all, it's the 2nd best yf-21 in the market, isn't it?).

Well I don't have any problems with my hip joints or transformation, and it poses just fine... but I do empathize. Infamous Yamato QC at work, I suspect...

Good lord, this messageboard never fails to amaze me with whining and nitpicking.

It's a toy company. They can do whatever they want. Quit bugging out and ranting about whatever it is that you wish you could see sneak pictures of. Please.

Personally, I'd rather know nothing about upcoming toys until they are a few months from shipping out. That way, there's no disappointment if they change schedule or abandon a design/idea that isn't going to work out.

It really is better this way, folks. Not to mention, it's apparently the way Yamato wants it to be.

That's reason enough to let all this "please, please, please" stuff die off.

Good lord, this messageboard never fails to amaze me with whining and nitpicking.

It's a toy company. They can do whatever they want. Quit bugging out and ranting about whatever it is that you wish you could see sneak pictures of. Please.

Personally, I'd rather know nothing about upcoming toys until they are a few months from shipping out. That way, there's no disappointment if they change schedule or abandon a design/idea that isn't going to work out.

It really is better this way, folks. Not to mention, it's apparently the way Yamato wants it to be.

That's reason enough to let all this "please, please, please" stuff die off.

Not to mentiion a couple years ago we would have died for ONE valk with a ton of yellowing and gaps and problems with no complaints. :D