-_- YF 19 FP: What's with the secrecy?

Nani?!

Ok,

I like almost all of you, am an avid collector of yamato valks, dishing out $70+ each (sometimes even $100+) to contribute to the rising popularity of their products. I've been reading most of all your comments regarding the upcoming yf 19 FP and I begin to wonder why no one is openly questioning the REASON for all this secracy behind it?

If yamato is going to delay the release of the figure as they always do, why wont they atleast give some prototype pics of it? OR for pete's sake why not give a clear reason why they cant give us a peak?

Don't take me wrong. I really dont mean to gripe but I think it's dumb for us to be SO deprived of info. Gosh people, have the guts to put SOME good hearted pressure on yamato. I think we have a right to, dont we?

:D Thanks for replying,

hmm.. there was a huge leak?

Still.... leak or not, there's NO public info on the yf 19. I mean it's not as if it's a movie or a game in production. There's no story or ending to be ruined... is it too much to ask for a gray prototype pic? I'm sure it'll be beneficial to yamato's sales for the figure rather than diminish it.

I highly doubt the big leak you guys speak of has much to do with the new policy. They probably decided that showing preview pics too far in advance kills any hype they can generate the last 2 or 3 months before release.

Perhaps but it started really soon after that leak, I honestly think there is a connection no matter how small. Yamato took that leak very seriously.

Why is it that every 2 days theres a new thread on the VF-19 FP? Its getting REALLY friggin annoying. USE THE SEARCH OPTION AND STOP WASTING SPACE!

They are there because it has the potential of being a really cool toy. And if you noticed, this isn't about the toy, but it IS about why there is secercy.

If you are so annoyed about the Y/VF-19 FP messages, then don't look at them. It is that simple. Until a Mod tells people to be careful about posting so much about a particular topic we don't have to listen to you, especially when you use all caps. So, quit yelling! :angry:

Ok,

I like almost all of you, am an avid collector of yamato valks, dishing out $70+ each (sometimes even $100+) to contribute to the rising popularity of their products. I've been reading most of all your comments regarding the upcoming yf 19 FP and I begin to wonder why no one is openly questioning the REASON for all this secracy behind it?

If yamato is going to delay the release of the figure as they always do, why wont they atleast give some prototype pics of it? OR for pete's sake why not give a clear reason why they cant give us a peak?

Don't take me wrong. I really dont mean to gripe but I think it's dumb for us to be SO deprived of info. Gosh people, have the guts to put SOME good hearted pressure on yamato. I think we have a right to, dont we?

The right is primarily Yamato's.

They reserve the right to keep future projects in secret.

In any case, MW almost always has an advanced peek at new Macross toys a month or two before anyone else. Yamato has been gracious enough to give MW-ers that opportunity.

It's not that no one is openly questioning Yamato, but rather most of us here have been around long enough to know how to be patient with Yamato's future releases. :D

Hiya,

Yes i agree. Lets just be patient and give Yamato time to finish their design and final preparations before announcing its release. Haste makes waste. I for one would love to see the new YF-19/Fps in the M+ series, i bet it would be awesome. I would also love to see another YF-19?/Fps be produced in the form of Super Nova scheme other than the VFX-2 series scheme. That would be a pleasant surprise...white with blue stripes or white with orange stripes.

Cheers

Most toy companies keep their projects under wraps until it is time to show them to the buyers. Showing a product too early can lead to problems. People will nit pick to the end of time if the prototype differs from the product. It also generates bad press if a product is shown then later delayed or cancelled.

Yeah , I´m getting bored of waiting , I haven´t bought any Yamato for quite a few months because I´m waiting for the YF-19 :( ; I can´t see why would they keep its development so secret when in fact it was announced even before the Q-Rau and we´ve already seen pics of it , why don´t they show/tell us something already ??? I´m trully desperate.

It would really be aweful if they decide to cancel the project because of difficulties in the engineering process :( ...particularly when the other two M+ toys have been released already (in a rather unexpectedly poor effort in comparison to what´s been promised with the YF-19 ). I don´t want to elaborate in the prospects but maybe Yamato is realising that the investment they´re puting in the 1/72 YF-19 is not worth the effort and they might simply do the same as with the other 2 toys and release the same @(/&%$· :o

I hope not since I´ve been waiting far too long for this baby :)

Yeah , I´m getting bored of waiting , I haven´t bought any Yamato for quite a few months because I´m waiting for the YF-19 :( ; I can´t see why would they keep its development so secret when in fact it was announced even before the Q-Rau and we´ve already seen pics of it , why don´t they show/tell us something already ??? I´m trully desperate.

It would really be aweful if they decide to cancel the project because of difficulties in the engineering process :( ...particularly when the other two M+ toys have been released already (in a rather unexpectedly poor effort in comparison to what´s been promised with the YF-19 ). I don´t want to elaborate in the prospects but maybe Yamato is realising that the investment they´re puting in the 1/72 YF-19 is not worth the effort and they might simply do the same as with the other 2 toys and release the same @(/&%$· :o

I hope not since I´ve been waiting far too long for this baby :)

Or perhaps they decided to skip the whole 1/72 deal. and move to a larger 1/60th scale :) Perhaps they are working on detailing and sizing it up :)

Sup,

I agree with the fact that releasing info TOO SOON is definitely not a good thing for Yamato, BUT it's been delayed a couple of times... So I surmise that it isnt "too soon"... to the contrary, I think they might be a bit too up tight about it...

Also, I would assume if (supposedly) graham was given the opportunity to see pics of it, the development of the figure would have progressed enough so that fan nit picking wouldnt be such a big factor. I really can't imagine a scenario at this point that really makes a sneak peak unreasonable by now.

I'm just hoping some surprise will come to us by the christmas season...

I trust it'd be kick ass... but right now I feel like I'm in the middle of a "Yamato desert" looking for an oasis... :wacko:

I'm fricken thirsty Yamato... think of the little people dammit... :p

It's coming, but the YF-19 is one of the most difficult VFs to design a really good, accurate toy of. Those of you who have really thought about this and studied the issue will know what I mean. The groin/front landing gear area and back of the legs/shoulder areas are real challenges. Pictures will be released as soon as Yamato is happy with the design. I trust you all want a good toy, so just be patient. Give them time to get it right rather than rush the design.

Of course something like the Q-Rau which does not transform and is a much simpler design will be finished quicker.

Graham

Cool...

Graham speaks! :)

I must say.... though it contains NO NEW info whatsoever.... it's somewhat eerily assuring. :huh:

I wish a yamato employee can see just how much people are thirsting for a peak... imagine the "ooh..., ahh's..." when we see the damn thing...

Hey, can ya show us the cockpit? or maybe just an arm?:lol:

Good Lord....

The pitiful being I've become.... :o:(

Cool...

Graham speaks! :)

I must say.... though it contains NO NEW info whatsoever.... it's somewhat eerily assuring. :huh:

I wish a yamato employee can see just how much people are thirsting for a peak... imagine the "ooh..., ahh's..." when we see the damn thing...

Hey, can ya show us the cockpit? or maybe just an arm?:lol:

Good Lord....

The pitiful being I've become.... :o:(

Macross will do that to you. Yamato will do that to you. Join our legions of damned feeding off the smallest fragment of a picture that might offer us a glimpse of the latest macross product! :lol:

Wow. That makes it sound like the YF-19 is still under design and/or design alterations of its fundamental sculpt.

And that seemed to be more than a hint that we'll get the Q-rau first. Very interesting.

It's coming, but the YF-19 is one of the most difficult VFs to design a really good, accurate toy of. Those of you who have really thought about this and studied the issue will know what I mean. The groin/front landing gear area and back of the legs/shoulder areas are real challenges. Pictures will be released as soon as Yamato is happy with the design. I trust you all want a good toy, so just be patient. Give them time to get it right rather than rush the design.

Of course something like the Q-Rau which does not transform and is a much simpler design will be finished quicker.

Graham

I'm drooling in anticipation, but I'll wait for as long as it takes! ;) I'd rather get a YF-19 that's represented correctly, rather than a lanky or chunky toy. *cough cough* BANDAI! *cough cough* :lol:

Graham

well at least that confirms they´re still working on the YF-19 and it hasn´t been thrown to the bin already.

For someone that has lost all interest in the VF-1 line(s) I´m reaching a point where I would kill for something new ...well , that gives me time to save for some other things like the Escaflowne and some prestos. who knows , as long as I get the opportunity to buy a high quality reproduction of the YF-19 , the VF-0D Shin variant and the GBP-0 then I´ll die happy

If the product isn't ready to to be showcased yet, it's not ready. If they put out a sample sculpt before they were sure it was the right one, then these boards would be filled with people complaining about it. Very few toy companies showcase their stuff until they are happy with the sculpt. Even unpainted, the sculpt itself needs to be right. Graham is right in every regard that the 19 is difficult to design to be as accurate as possible in all modes (at least Battroid and Fighter, gerwalk can be determined by the other two) Look at a hesegawa -19 and imagine if it was variable as it is. The head and arm proportions, the gear, shoulders, hip/groin section, all require a lot of attention to detail, and durability is also a factor. The FP's complicate matters.

I think it's a good thing they are taking their time and doing it right. They could have just took the existing one, tweaked the legs some, slapped FP's on it and called it good. But they wanted to make a kick ass edition of this valk. I'm sure when it is released it will be worth the wait, and it gives me time to save up so I can buy two of them.

Edited by Anubis