1:48 Hasegawa YF-19

tetsujin

It's here! It's here! It's mine, all mine! Mi-... it's in a billion pieces?! :blink::blink:

Seriously, thing is enourmously cool :) Just the size of it alone makes me giddy. The downside is that due to Real Life TM issues, I no longer have the money to buy an airbrush, compressor, and whatnot, so Imma gonna try something different. I'm going to try giving it a white and grey paintjob, in a "just off the factory" deal. Will prolly fail miserably, but it's gotta be better than the shade of yellow the plastic is moulded in.

Why not just buy spray paint from the hardware store ?

Guys!

I have a question about color, the instructions manual tells the main color for the YF-19 is 50% White + 50% Radome Tan. I made combination yesterday, mmm... the I don-t know but the color is something like "flesh", I not test it on the plastic, but I don't think is the same color of the pictures, in pictures yo almost think the YF-19 is white. Did some one of you have any suggestion? Thanks

Receive this today.

Man, seeing the kit in person is something different. More impressive then all the pictures I have seen so far.

The details is very good, much better than I expect.

Very happy that I bought this.

-kk

Edited by kkx

Receive this today.

Man, seeing the kit in person is something different. More impressive then all the pictures I have seen so far.

-kk

Make sure to share some pics as your working on it or when completed!!! B))

Receive this today.

-kk

Here was mine I finshed. I had just started another thread about it though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19951055@N07/...57622869742986/

on the subject of colour, Citadel mini's [Games workshop] makes an acrylic paint called "bleached bone"

typically it's used for bones, parchment and what not not minis, but comparing it to the anime, it's almost the perfect colour for the '19 right out of the pot imho

PS: That's one sexy VF-19 there Gundamhead

Edited by Parker Midwinter

I've gotten as far as the "primary sanding" stage and could use some advice. This plastic seems a lot softer than some of the other kits I've built, so does anyone have reccomendations on grit/grade of sandpaper to use? I don't want to sand out huge chunks of poly that then have to be fixed.

Go fine, VERY fine. Better a lot of sanding taking a little off at a time, than the other way around. At least 1500 grit, I think it's called Alligator. I've used it on a couple hase kits and worked good for me. It can be found at most hardware stores. It's gray and almost smooth to the touch.