1:48 Hasegawa YF-19

tetsujin

Looking at the instructions, I'm guessing it's an "either or"---you pull them out and place as desired, can't actually move while attached. Instructions aren't very clear though IMHO.

Looking at page 1 and 4 of the assembly guide... it is what you said. The wings can't rotate but are detacheable. Bummer.

Edited by shiroikaze

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my kit from the LHS here in Okinawa. And i must say this thing is huge!! the detail is very crisp and an added bonus for a HASG kit NO SEEM LINE IN THE CANOPY!!!! :rolleyes:

I will not be unbagging this bad boy anytime soon as i have 5 different kits on the bench all in diferent stages of completion.

Kannichiwa & Arigato, Jason

About how long does HLJ usually take to ship things? I sent my payment to them on 6 October and their website says my order is still 'processing to be shipped' and it's been like that since then. Any idea how much longer before the package actually leaves their warehouse?

Mine are at customs in Canada already....I might get them tomorrow or Wednesday. God, I'm been looking forward to this one.....

Edited by Heavy Melder

Whoa, whoa.. wait. They made the full battroid head? This brings up some interesting thoughts.

What I really want to see is the parts breakdown. If they molded the whole thing in separate sections, it's just going to be begging for a full custom transformation.

Then you get to deal with all the wonderful issues that crop up with perfect variable YF-19... Like, the arms and chest occupying some of the same space as the legs when in fighter mode...

I've actually got a bit of a dilemma with regard to this kit. I ordered it when I first found out about it - then I meant to cancel the order 'cause I've got too much other stuff going on right now (i.e. Armored Core) and I wanted to save the money... but I guess I forgot to cancel it, 'cause it's on its way. I'm not sure if I should return it or get rid of it, or just build the damn thing. I mean, it's not as though I didn't want the kit - I'm just trying to save money and keep the backlog in check... <sigh>

I want one, but I just don't see enough that blows my mind right now. I love the 19, but there's too much other good stuff out there right now. Maybe someday. I still say the Battroid head is stupid unless you make it variable.

I want one, but I just don't see enough that blows my mind right now. I love the 19, but there's too much other good stuff out there right now. Maybe someday. I still say the Battroid head is stupid unless you make it variable.

Well, I believe in fighter mode the YF-19 does have some small gaps around the head... Not gaps big enough to see the whole head (thus, the kit head that looks kind of like a potato) but enough that having at least a decent mock up of the full head is probably worthwhile... So you can see the back of the head and it'll look good, and see little bits of the side and top of the head and see that it at least doesn't terminate in some blank panel...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi.

Can any one tell me if these decals need to be used? I re watch Macross Plus again and no U.N. Spacy mark in painted on the YF-19. And the low viz Macross Decals???

P1000515_2.jpg

Thanks

I think all but the gray kite logos are used. The UN spacy decals I know are used, I think the industries stickers are as well.

gaarrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

will Hasegawa ever come out with YF-19 battroid?

Let's hope not. Let's hope not.

*sniff* I'm still waiting for mine! Why must CanadaPost hate me so?!

It's because of the hovertanks, man. They know, and they're out to get you. :p

Edited by Kremmen

Hi.

Can any one tell me if these decals need to be used? I re watch Macross Plus again and no U.N. Spacy mark in painted on the YF-19. And the low viz Macross Decals???

P1000515_2.jpg

Thanks

They don't show up on my kit as being used and also note they're not numbered. Hasegawa probably included those for a service bird option that didn't wind up in the instruction manual. Also, there's a chance the decal artist had some extra space left over and decided to put those in to give Macross fans some love!

Ok, THAT is an interesting thing.. instead of making the entire fins and tails as decals, they only made the smaller portion a decal.. that could be bad, since now, you have to match your red paint to the red decal, or nothing will match. <_<

Oh well, for markings that big, I'd rather just paint them all on anyway.

Edited by Chronocidal

No need to hurry since it's already release as injection plastic.

It's here! It's here! It's mine, all mine! Mi-... it's in a billion pieces?! :blink::blink:

Seriously, thing is enourmously cool :) Just the size of it alone makes me giddy. The downside is that due to Real Life TM issues, I no longer have the money to buy an airbrush, compressor, and whatnot, so Imma gonna try something different. I'm going to try giving it a white and grey paintjob, in a "just off the factory" deal. Will prolly fail miserably, but it's gotta be better than the shade of yellow the plastic is moulded in.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, thats kinda weird. They provided only the red decals for the upper vertical stabilizers, but then for the lower fins, they provided only the black decals... Wouldn't that require you to paint the upper stabs black and the lower ones red????

I like how they created a leg plate assembly along the engine... If anything, this makes it easier to apply the black stripe decals (no 45 and 51)

What the hell kind of crazy talk is that? A Hasegawa YF-19 Battroid would rock!

Oh, you know. Just not really a battroid fan. Destroids, hell yeah, battroids...meh.

And the same resources could go into, oh, a fighter-mode VF-11 or VF-4 or whatnot.

Just my 2c...I don't actually begrudge anybody their battroids. :)