1:48 Hasegawa YF-19

tetsujin

WOW if Hasegawa gets into 1/48 scale versions of it's licensed valks, they'll open up a whole new market!

With Bandai stepping on the toes of existing Macross licenses from other companies with its DX, VF-100 and 1/72 scale kit lines, Hasegawa could take its superior sculpts into a new market previously only tapped by garage kit manufacturers.

A very good choice to start a line with. The YF-19 has to be one of their most popular kits...

If it's true, I guess I'll need to start saving for these new kits... :rolleyes:

Edited by Zinjo

This is huge! Can this mean the whole line is gonna be released in this bigger scale eventually?

I'm gonna definitely get this one.

LOL I can here now all those unbuilt 1/72 Hase kits and 1/48 Yamies being readied for eBay :)

Edited by big F

Hey, a 1/48 is cool and all, more details and bigger bird and such, don't you guys have a fondness for the smaller, more convenient 1/72s that don't eat up all your shelf space and can instead fit in with a squadron of other 1/72s? Having a squad of 1/48s just seems unmanageable.

Hey, a 1/48 is cool and all, more details and bigger bird and such, don't you guys have a fondness for the smaller, more convenient 1/72s that don't eat up all your shelf space and can instead fit in with a squadron of other 1/72s? Having a squad of 1/48s just seems unmanageable.

Well, sure.

But any truly new Hasegawa Macross kit is cause for celebration, IMO... I was starting to think we'd really seen the end of Hasegawa Macross.

Anyway 1:48 is a much more comfortable scale for building a really detailed model...

In the Hobby Japan interview (I think it was April issue? The one with Zaku cover), they mentioned they will reveal more details during Japanese spring model/toy conventions. Probably that's when we get to see some images. :ph34r:

Can't wait to see some visuals!!

Edited by kyekye

What should be the next move? the YF-21? the VF-1?

If they make a VF-1, it could be more detailed than Tanmen version?

Anyway, this is very exciting, I' acording 100% with Zinjo.

I love the 1/72 scale Hasegawa kits and all, but a 1/48 scale YF-19, count me in, I'll make room for it some how!! Just imagine the detail it will offer!! If its like Hasegawa's 1/48 F-14D kits then I'm totally sold. Plus its really not that expensive!! B))

If they want to make VF-1's, the VF-11B or VF-2SS in this scale as well, I would have no objections!!

Edited by 505thAirborne

LOL I can here now all those unbuilt 1/72 Hase kits and 1/48 Yamies being readied for eBay :)

Bring them on! Not to be a vulture but I would be happy to see the secondary market flooded with 1/72 and 1/48 scale.

Those are standard scales and it easy to find support equipment and dioramas for those models and toys... unlike 1/60.

Thanks for the warning. Place a pre-order also!

OMG! OMG! OMG! This is so freaking cool!!!! Sold!!!! I actually really want to see a Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1 also!! Not to mention the much overlooked VF-11....and a YF-21. Just loove ready that it is a new SERIES introduction so I'm taking it as more IS to come!!! I'm in heaven!

Chris

Also, maybe at one of the up-comming hobby shows, they'll let us know what's next along with showing som pictures.of the 19. I'm hoping for control surface options maybe even some removable panels to see some avionics or engines!!

Chris

I think that the title to this thread needs to have the question mark removed. I almost over looked this thread because I thought it was another "do you think" or "will they ever?" type thread. Some people may be missing this.

Chris

1/48th is the hottest scale modeling wide right now. You can get just about anything in 1/48th to include all sorts of armor now! I think Hasegawa is getting in on it. - MT

Im sure that even if they just rescaled the 1/72. The fact that it was much bigger the detail freaks among us would have a hay-day adding in all the extra detail that is just nearly imposible at 1/72

1/48th is the hottest scale modeling wide right now. You can get just about anything in 1/48th to include all sorts of armor now! I think Hasegawa is getting in on it. - MT

Yea... everything in 1/48th except modern military choppers and infantry... which is simply annoying...

anyway, i'm hoping Hasegawa gives us something other than an upscaled version of the 1/72 YF-19... I'd still buy one, but i'd be a bit disappointed.

Parker,

You should be able to find anything modern in 1/48th:http://www.modelzone.co.uk/tamiya_us_modern_elite_infantry_with_accessories-details.htm

Don't forget Preiser too! I'm the one who picked a scale that hardly has any new releases (of course my pocketbook complains less too ^_^

). - MT

In case anyone had any doubts, here is the link to Hasegawa's site: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/2009sh/MACROS.html

Looks like the kit will be revealed to the public at this year's Shizuoka hobby show happening from May 14-17th.

WOAH - OOOOHHHHH YESS!!

I must have one of these 1:48 wooo hoo!!

smart move by Hasegawa... does anyone know if this is a whole new sculpt or just the 1/72 upscaled? Sorry... trying to read thru the thread... the only way I would get back into modelling would be 1/48 or 1/32 valks... dammit Hasegawa!

smart move by Hasegawa... does anyone know if this is a whole new sculpt or just the 1/72 upscaled? Sorry... trying to read thru the thread... the only way I would get back into modelling would be 1/48 or 1/32 valks... dammit Hasegawa!

Hopefully its an updated design/new sculpt with improved details (If possible, its Hasegawa after all). Working landing gear would be great!! B))