1/48 Jotun Valkyrie

nightmareB4macross

While sifting through some stuff in my garage this weekend, I came a cross a complete junk 1/40 Takatoku Orguss that I bought for about $20.00 a year ago, also a $2.00 1/48 that I won from ebay a couple of months ago, and thought to myself...I remember a joke from the animators of SDFMacross and SDOrguss.

And the punchline never left my mind.

So in about a day I cam up with this.

Ha, ha, ha...this joke never gets old. :lol:

post-2246-1239637997_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

I'll be finishing this off later and adding paint and a few other details. Should look more like this when I'm done.

Man...that is going to be super cool.

NMB4M,

That is just super cool! I have always wanted a toy of this. Can you make a conversion kit? Or maybe post instructions on how to do the mod?

This is a wonderful idea. Will it maybe happen NMB4M? Or perhaps a 1/60 kit would be wowsers!

Thanks guys.

I'll post picks when I begin to take it apart and begin details and paint. The legs actually ratchet and hold the Jotun very well and stable.

As far as a conversion kit goes, not likely. You really need to use the lower legs of an actual 1/40 Orguss due to the metal parts located through out. I didn't really have to fabricate anyting. Both the 1/48 and the 1/40 fit very well with each other.

I'll post more pics when I begin the dismantle.

MechTech, at least this time, the explosion will be bigger and louder. :lol:

Either that or he's building it with an explosive inside it and when the day comes.....BOOM!

I hope not. I think it is display worthy. Dont get me wrong, I am all for blowing up toys but not really nice ones like this.

• 10 months later...

Thanks guys for your suppport. It has taken me about a year to complete only because I had a complete lack of time. Other than that, it is a pretty straight forward custom.

I will be getting a Milia in soon and do a complete build up with a second Orguss donor I have lying around.

As far as transforming goes, I think I will save that for this year's MWCon.

^_^

Edited by nightmareB4macross