Macross Frontier Pays Homage To Alternate Universe Macross II?

Something for which I am heartily grateful...

While I'd love to see the Macross II timeline explored in more detail, I'd rather they went backwards and did OVA adaptations of the Neld Fleet Incident in 2036, the three-way war of 2037, and the 2054 Zentradi invasion. Like the main timeline's bizarre compulsion with turning every enemy into an ally by the end of the series, Macross II kind of wrote itself into a corner... there's nobody left to fight, unless they go with the whole "300 years in the future war with the colonies" thing that early rumors suggested Macross II would be about, but that might be a bit over-Gundam-y for my taste.

I wouldn't turn up my nose at a Five Star Stories TV show either...

Zentradi on the left, hot Meltrandi's ready to be cultured to the right and Quamzin being a chaotic evil as always.

That's why at the episode 12 preview of Macross Frontier I went "WTF! him again!". :mellow:

Turns out its just a clone brother along with a Vrlitwhai clone and Exsedol clone. I thought it was a good trolling of SK till the WTF-1 showed up.

Quamzin in the DYRL-2036-ELS has a immortal reputation.

Edited by RedWolf

I wouldn't turn up my nose at a Five Star Stories TV show either...

You're making me drool. Stop it.

Your avatar is a ripoff of some muscular guy that ISN'T you. :lol:

You've clearly never seen the other pictures of AgentONE scattered around in the conventions and gatherings threads. That IS really him.

We'll see the full 52-episode version of F91 before we ever see Macross II revised so that it fits current macross canon. :mellow:

That depends on Bandai.

Though I won't be waiting with bated breath for it to happen... B))

Edited by Zinjo